Hello you beautiful people of Sweden

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hello you beautiful people of Sweden

Postby actual » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Growing mullets and being drunk will help you fit in. Also make sure to try their delicacy called surströmming, it's delicious.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 pm

actual wrote:Growing mullets and being drunk will help you fit in. Also make sure to try their delicacy called surströmming, it's delicious.

Don't listen to danes

If a dane approaches you, keep walking and make no eye contact

Don't go more south than Stockholm unless you want to risk encountering danish people
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Stockholm rules. Spent 4 days there on our Norway trip about 12 years ago. Great museums, great coffee, cool record stores, we basically just walked around all day checking out shit. It's so expensive, although not quite as bad as Norway. I totally got the "Entombed vibe" walking around in the grim rain for 4 days, and if anything came home appreciating their scene even more than I did before. Norway I found to be be pleasant, delightful, wonderful experience and came how a lot less enthused by the black metal attitude, not that I was that "into" it anyway.

Anyway, we didn't get a chance to go see anything beyond Stockholm but it was a great city and I wished we had spent more time there.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby themagpie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:06 pm

My door is always open for visitors :D I have... stuff to show..
themagpie

involved
involved

Postby vallaton » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

if you go to stockholm, there's lots of cool tourist-friendly places in the old town. like small record and comic shops, and a punk cafe and loads of vegan foods.

museums and galleries in stockholm have been top notch as well every time i've been to them. not sure if there's that much all ages live music happening there though?
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby aedes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm

fcknoise wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:As an aside going to college in Sweden would be legit.

Yeah and if he has questions about how any of that works you can direct questions to me :)

SWEET thanks.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aedes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 pm

fcknoise wrote:
actual wrote:Growing mullets and being drunk will help you fit in. Also make sure to try their delicacy called surströmming, it's delicious.

Don't listen to danes

If a dane approaches you, keep walking and make no eye contact

Don't go more south than Stockholm unless you want to risk encountering danish people

I went to grad school with a Danish girl. We found we could REALLY annoy her by asking her about amsterdam, and what is was like to be dutch.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aedes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm

retinal orbita wrote:Stockholm rules. Spent 4 days there on our Norway trip about 12 years ago. Great museums, great coffee, cool record stores, we basically just walked around all day checking out shit. It's so expensive, although not quite as bad as Norway. I totally got the "Entombed vibe" walking around in the grim rain for 4 days, and if anything came home appreciating their scene even more than I did before. Norway I found to be be pleasant, delightful, wonderful experience and came how a lot less enthused by the black metal attitude, not that I was that "into" it anyway.

Anyway, we didn't get a chance to go see anything beyond Stockholm but it was a great city and I wished we had spent more time there.

Thanks--it's definitely looking like we'll be spending most of our time there.

themagpie wrote:My door is always open for visitors :D I have... stuff to show..

:thumb:

vallaton wrote:if you go to stockholm, there's lots of cool tourist-friendly places in the old town. like small record and comic shops, and a punk cafe and loads of vegan foods.

museums and galleries in stockholm have been top notch as well every time i've been to them. not sure if there's that much all ages live music happening there though?

I've really got to get my son drinking coffee before we go.

vidret wrote:bikes are a good idea, you can easily get where ever you want to go with them, otherwise getting subway passes gets you anywhere you need to go (same pass for subway, bus, etc etc etc)

insider recommendation: catch the sunset at 'Hammarbybacken', you can see almost all of Stockholm from there. Just find Hammarbyhöjden, walk up the big grassy hill. top recommendation.

as far as shows go; there's gigguide.se (just choose Stockholm in the first drop-down menu)

Usually Stockholm's amusement park has several shows each week during the summers, some really big bands at times (I've caught wolfmother, slayer, that not really led zep thing, monster magnet, etc etc there)
It's at the "Gröna Lund"; shows will be found here: https://www.gronalund.com/sv/scen-show/konserter/

(more shows are added closer to summer, but you can already see that QOTSA are playing 10th of june and marilyn manson on the 6th of june, and it only costs 20$ for infinite entrance card.that's 20$ for marilyn manson, queens of the stone age and entrance to the park at any time.)

if you need any help finding places/going places/finding shit on a map just PM! :thumb:

Ah shit! :yay: You didn't even mention Macklemore in March...of course we'll miss that one. I know he'd want to see QOTSA. Last day of school for him is June 8...so...damn might have to make that happen.

Thanks everyone.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aedes » Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 pm

ALRIGHT I BOUGHT TICKETS GET OFF MY BACK.

Arrive in Stockholm on July 6. Woooooooooooooooo!
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HorseyBoy » Sat May 05, 2018 5:14 am

You might have come across the Vasa Museum already, if not, give it a look: https://www.vasamuseet.se/en
It's a complete 17th century warship with a museum built around it. It's very cool - wife and I loved it when we went - and might be a good father and son trip.
Stockholm is a great city - hope y'all have a great time!
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby aedes » Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 am

HorseyBoy wrote:You might have come across the Vasa Museum already, if not, give it a look: https://www.vasamuseet.se/en
It's a complete 17th century warship with a museum built around it. It's very cool - wife and I loved it when we went - and might be a good father and son trip.
Stockholm is a great city - hope y'all have a great time!

Thanks! Yeah, a friend of mine went there a couple of years ago and said it was great. Definitely on the list!
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JereFuzz » Sat May 05, 2018 12:46 pm

aedes wrote:So...

My 15 year old son has been obsessed with Sweden since he was 7 or 8. He's had a goal to one day go to college there. As much as I've tried to beat it out of him, he persists.

My wife and I thought for a Christmas present this year we'd give him a trip to Sweden. He and I would probably go sometime in June next year, maybe for a week or so. I wanted to get an idea of some cool things to do and see. We'll definitely go to Stockholm. He likes amusement parks -- I think there's a good one in Gothenberg?

What else? He's into biking, music. I wouldn't mind catching the 'midnight sun'

Thanks bunches for any suggestions.

Provide your son with a physical copy of the Swedish folk music classic The Left Hand Path by Entombed so he can see what Sweden is all about ...

And get him an old Peavey Bandit and Boss Heavy Metal pedal so he can nail that tone ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat May 05, 2018 12:48 pm

themagpie wrote:My door is always open for visitors :D I have... stuff to show..

says the guy with a "Semen Cream Pie" as his Avatar ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion