Sense of Community and ILF Love thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Sense of Community and ILF Love thread

Postby frodog » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I am but space junk orbiting planet ILF, not even a partly functional satellite like some of you. I like you, but not that much -- that's what she said. But your bleeps and bloops and garbled transmissions are interesting to me. Also trapped here by gravitational forces. I will continue -- with limited computing power -- the quest to upgrade this conglomeration of debris to more efficient sub-space communication specs.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:07 pm

ilf is cool -- even if i went AWOL over the summer.

basically joined this place because secret satan seemed so dope. really cool to see the community band together over that shit.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 am

I have dabbled with a few other forums before finding a home at ILF. Reminds me a bit of GuitarGeek from way back (RIP) but with even more rad people talking about more rad things. I came here for the gear talk and found a true community and unexpectedly made real friends. Even drove to ILF MW to meet a bunch of strangers from the internet...which is exactly what I told my daughter never to do. There are so many creative people doing interesting things with gear. The collaborations in this community prove there is more here than just soy boyz hunting for toanz or noize. I always appreciate the free thinking discussions and people who can explain their perspective. Conversing directly with builders is something that has become weirdly important to me, and I love the home grown products and want to support them as much as possible.

Big shout outs:

Aen - Rad person makes rad music and gear. He is like an old lost friend of mine.

Aenswife - Rad person too. Awesome to hear your perspective, on anything really.

Disarm D'Arcy - Always enjoyed your gear videos.

DoS - Your snark and willingness to call bullshit makes you the gatekeeper. Your taste in gear is exquisite even if it misguides me with my own choices.

DRod - Talented, humble, eloquent, open mind.

Eivind - Enjoyed your videos and music for years. We should talk more.

InvisbleMan - This ducking guy. Choice minimalist approach is inspirational, as is his knowledge of seemingly anything.

JonnyAcute - Mayor of ILF MW. Probably responsible for a larger community aspect than people realize.

(artist formerly known as) Jwar - Huge bonerz. Heart of a lion.

(artist formerly known as) Pumpking Pieces - Watched many of your videos from a long time ago. Maybe even before I found ILF.

Raj007 - My double secret agent sent to the scary world of modular. #baldbrothers

UglyCasssanova - You are such an amazing person. So grateful we were able to do an ILFcast together with Neon.

Worra - Explorer of everything. Impressive ability to acquire anything that is supposed to be unobtainable.

This place wouldn't be at all the same without NeonBlack, Popvulture, Oldangelmidnight, Antlerface, Baremountain, Behndy,... so many more.

Also humbled to be mentioned in some previous posts. You guys... make my eyes juicy. :group:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby damnableman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:16 am

ILF is the only forum I participate in. I came for the gear and the heart, I stayed for the heart. I realize that my participation is sparse and primarily gear- and commerce-related, so to some (*cough* D.o.S. *cough*) I'm just a weenie hawking wares, but I'm actually here because this is a beautiful set of weird and broken folks who try to take care of each other. It is rare that I offer up much of my inner life on here, or even comment about the more mundane aspects of existence, but I deeply appreciate those who do. It gives me hope.

I'm pretty sure I decided to join this forum after reading that thread about the person who was crushing on a barista. It got comesect-stalk-level weird, but people hopped in and patiently educated other folks on the fact that baristas are often nice because their pay depends on it, and that they get hit on all the fucking time, and that we must know and respect this if we are to treat baristas as human beings. That was really something. In most dude-dominated settings that would NEVER happen. Hooray for ILF.

In a couple of recent threads people having been piling shit on to each other, actively misinterpreting one another, and getting really personal about it. That was sickening to read. People who I thought better of (I know, I know, who the fuck am I to have opinions about you) were acting like angry teens. Everybody wanted someone to be a villain to be righteously slain. No one was listening to each other. It was very discouraging. I decided to fulfill my SS obligations and then get the fuck out of here.

But a few good things happened. In those threads there were a few calm voices. Folks who did not try to demonize or alienate others. It was hard to focus on what they were writing amidst the shit and chaos, but it was there. And then we helped to raise a significant sum to help out Peteebee when his whole life burned up. And THEN in the midst of it all there was that thread by avondon about how things used to be. Somehow the true simplicity and wonder of an earlier time came through in those few paragraphs. That was incredible.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, jwar made this thread. Thanks, jwar. codetocontra said it, you have the heart of a lion.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:15 pm

damnableman wrote: I realize that my participation is sparse and primarily gear- and commerce-related, so to some (*cough* D.o.S. *cough*) I'm just a weenie hawking wares,

:surprise:

If you were that you wouldn't have made this post.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 pm

jebus. i'm on here a bunch less than i used to be just because i'm happily married and actually enjoying my life. the trade off with having someone in my life that actually wants me there is that i have less free time, and that is FINE, but not feeling as connected to the community here as i once did is the only really regret.

you all are delicious. yet salty.

VIBRANT MUSKY LADIES AND DOODERS.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 pm

I dig this place, reminiscent of some other great forums that have become nothing more than memory. I'm optimistic that we've all seen & learned enough to hold a course in choppy waters.

I won't call anyone out specifically, but the signal to noise ratio is at a good place on the dial for sure.

:group:
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:40 pm

crochambeau wrote:I won't call anyone out specifically, but the signal to noise ratio is at a good place on the dial for sure.

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby damnableman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
damnableman wrote: I realize that my participation is sparse and primarily gear- and commerce-related, so to some (*cough* D.o.S. *cough*) I'm just a weenie hawking wares,

:surprise:

If you were that you wouldn't have made this post.

;)
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:46 pm

I hope you all had an excellent thanksgiving! Who else is psyched for Christmas?
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm psyched for it to be over ;) my kid gets a mega present boner and asks for every toy ever, but he's 5, that's what they do. I do like getting together with my family and eating.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm

behndy wrote:you all are delicious. yet salty.

VIBRANT MUSKY LADIES AND DOODERS.

I want a general life feature that translates things into Behndy, because it's much more enjoyable :)*

Always been a fave, man! :hug:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Is it too late for me to join the circle, here let me make some room. :)*

I love you guys :animal: With big sloppy kisses that have my tongue halfway down your throats. ILF might be a bit harsh an uncompromising at best (especially when the times puts all of us on edge), but I've honestly begun to believe that's part of what makes it a great community. Like, every time someone joins they are pushed at some point by our collective bullshit, and those who have the more toxic or explosive minefield personalities immediately get tripped on and either leave or improve. IT's honestly pretty fantastic. ILF is essentially a noisy mental moshpit, pushing out those who choose to hardcore dance.

If I do have to give a shout out it's gotta be D.o.S., who unbeknownst to him helped me out of one of the greatest depressions I've had in my life. I was rejected by both my academic passion and recently cheated on and thrown at the curb. It was one of the things that led me to moving from one end of the country to the other in an attempt to escape the entirety of my life at the time, only to find myself in a cold uncaring city. D.o.S. Invited me to a Boris gig and bought me a beer and generally hung out with me like if we had known each other for ages (granted we did online, but that's besides the fact). That sort of human interaction restarted my systems and snapped me back into consciousness.

But it's not just him, ya'll are fantastic and I owe you beers/assorted tasty adult beverages. Also DRod, whom I was t h i s close to seeing on my birthday, but alas it was not meant to be. Next time I'm in town I'll shower him in booze. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby imJonWain » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 pm

no comsect love?
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:56 pm

imJonWain wrote:no comsect love?

A comesect2.0 appreciation life. :zen:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion