Sense of Community and ILF Love thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Sense of Community and ILF Love thread

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

So, I thought perhaps it was time for another ILF love thread. I wanted to start a dialog here as there's been a lot of fighting here in recent months and I think obviously we are all just kind of on edge. Why? Who knows. We all have complicated lives I'm sure and we could all use a damn hug every once and awhile.

I know myself personally, I've been a complete mess for at least half a damn year, if not longer. So, I can only imagine that the rest of you could be dealing with things in your life that are bringing you down. Or not, maybe you're in a great place, that's awesome if so!

However, we need to pull together here and I thought maybe a dedicated love fest thread would be the trick.

My idea is that you name people you are grateful for and why. You're not trying to exclude anyone here but just bring the community back together more. We all need some uplifting moments in our lives.

Pick 5 or 1 or 2 or 10 people you want to recognize. Pick the community. Do what you want. Just uplift each other. Let everyone know you care about them. That's the one thing that has kept me at ILF all these years. The love and sense of community. We need it more. Open your arms to the newbies and embrace their quirks and oddities.

I'l start.

D.O.S.-I like your snarky remarks and no non sense attitude. Even though you can come off abrasive to those that aren't in the know, you have a kind heart and are a genuinely great guy.

Goroth- My brother from another mother...and from another country. My man crush is deep with you. You are an opened minded man who has an equally open heart. Plus you like buy all my shit and build boards with it. :)

Ugly Nora-you have the most cut throat sense of humor but it makes me lol more often than not. You are also no non-sense, funny and can be an outright awesome person. You've contributed so much here and also make me smile.

Ugly Casanova- My homie. My epenis is strong for you. Your insight is often something I look forward too. I don't always understand what you're saying but I enjoy it none the less (the nerd talk lol). You are a kind man who has a big heart and has shown it many, many times.

Behndy- you are the glue of this place at times. No matter how bad things get, Ben will have some funny or weird stuff to post about to stir up the mix. You sir are truly a light in the darkness.

Jack (JonnyAnal haha)- you are a true friend sir. We can be real with each other and laugh about stupid shit. I enjoy the memes and our back and forth banter. Thank you.

Everyone that I didn't name by name (I'm limiting it so I can post this). I value each and everyone of you. This place is like a home to me as silly as that seems. It's the internet, yet it doesn't feel like it? Where else can you go and find so many different people from all over the world and feel like you're part of an exclusive club. A club of people who care about each other and care about fuzz. :)

So, hopefully you all take this as an opportunity and don't think I'm being silly. Thanks
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: Sense of Community and ILF Love thread

Postby raj007 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 am

I've been feeling it's been a bit more hostile around here lately, too and I've been a part of it at times. And I don't want to be.

I text and chat with people from here literally every day.

Codetocontra and I are on the verge of "star-crossed lovers" status...
Antlerface and I are already there...
I'm a whore...

Invisible Man, Jack have been awesome

And Worra inviting me to his chat crew has been great...

UC and I have gone deep (stop it pervs, I mean subject matter).

It's been a bit tough for my wife and I to meet friends here in GA for various reasons, which usually isn't a difficult thing for us so it's been weird...and this community really has given me a form of daily socializing which is ultimately a positive thing for my mental health so thanks you bastards.

I'd play "Who is in my mouth?" with any of ya.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 am

The man formerly known as actualidiot helped me get married, that was pretty cool of him.

I've said it before but sharky is strikingly pleasant and enjoyable, if there's ever an opportunity to buy him a beer, it will be done.

baremountain is a generous, helpful, talented guy who I look forward to working with again.

Honestly I respect a lot of people here, whether it's out of empathy, their musicianship, how they handle certain situations and communicate, their intellectual prowess, etc. This is a great forum to be a part of and I don't think it's really been that hostile lately, there have just been more pertinent issues which we've chosen to talk about, which are bound to bring up conflicting ideas. I for one don't feel on edge at all, and compared to all other forums I've used before, consider this to be a pretty great place.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:57 am

People everywhere seem on edge to me. 'Impending sense of doom' (outcome, not music) seems to be a good fit for where I am/many people are.

Big ups to spacelordmother, odontophobia, JonnyObtuse, codetocontra, Raj, neonblack, D'arcy, Eivind, PTB, PopVulture, D.o.S, Goroth, $harkToootth, coldrbrightsunlight, Corey Y, Nils/fcknoise, Olin, and iPope. You're all people I've enjoyed tocking to on- and off the forum. There are many others, but these are people who deserve a call-out for being dumb enough to tock with me on via phone/text/collaboration. I've read some of your work, listened to your stuff, &c.

There are many more, and very few people I don't like to hear from or see. More ILFcasts...I love doing them, but don't want to monopolize them (done three or four now).

Cheers to a great place to hang out. I wish we could all stop fucking around and get started on my fuzz commune idea.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Eivind August » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Please rename this thread "The circle jerk". :group:

I love you all. Those of you in my WhatsApp chat know this, so duck you. jwar, you are a very genuine person, I always stop up to read when you spill your heart here or elsewhere. Friendship, you have the best quotes on here. BareMountain, I think about you when I am in certain areas of Breath of the Wild because we have had chats about glitch pedals when I've been there previously. Rustywire, we may not agree about everything, but you are a delight to discuss with. I-Man, I owe you an e-mail one of these days. Oh shit, now I want to write about everyone. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JWAR?! Chank, you have the most eclectic taste in music. Actual, you may be an idiot, but you're my idiot. BitchPudding, your memes clog up my Facebook and I love it. Sharktooth, you are a great addition to our family. Syl, you're a great dude with great taste in gear. Oscillateur, you are a much needed voice of reason among the modular crew. Strange Tales, one day we'll meet in Japan. Inconuucl, you are a fantastic person. jrfox, you sweet summer child. I-Pope, I would attend your church. Circle, I would like to jerk you.

I obviously hate everyone not mentioned, please go away.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 pm

This is the only forum I still belong to/post on, I used to be on a lot for a long time. I enjoy talking to a lot of people on here, about music/gear and just generally. If I started shouting people out I would definitely miss people who are cool, but if I've talked with you or joked around with you more than once, I probably like you. The majority of people I interact with on here are intelligent, interesting, creative and engaging and I can count the turds on one hand. With some fingers left over.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm

It's amazing to be able to open up ILF and see the creative stuff people are doing. You folks all inspire me so much. Thanks for letting me hang out and learn things. Way too often I'll read or watch something here that blows my mind but I don't comment so I'm gonna work on that. Also, sorry for sharing my dumb opinions on politics or social issues or whatever. That shit is quicksand. I'm just glad I've got front row seats to watch you fuzz kvltists bring about the oscillating axolotl eschaton.
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

There really so many folks who I count among my real friends here - both folks I've met and others who I just know from online.
I got a bit burned out on ilf and read more posts than I contributed to, but you lose that sense of belonging if you do that too much. So I'm starting to try and post some more, get to know a few of you young whippersnappers.
:hug:
This place has always had its ups and downs, and it'd be nice if we pulled together to get it up again.

Good thread jwar!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

goroth wrote:it'd be nice if we pulled together to get it up

nobody gets it up like the jwardawgg :lol:
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Everyone here can nibble my genitals. I mean that in the most positive way, of course.

Didn't feel like excluding anyone. :cry:
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Eivind August wrote:Please rename this thread "The circle jerk". :group:

tru

Eivind August wrote:I obviously hate everyone not mentioned, please go away.

:cry:

i love and miss you all :group: this place is a bastion for creativity and I'm always learning something new. I'd be a pleb rocking dual ME-50s without this place :hug: I also probably wouldn't be so broke

also also if you're reading this sonnidero...I love you and I regret missing your call on halloween :cry: :cry: :cry: your bday present is commminngggggggg

p.s. i miss you and your flipping ways, vincent!
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm

yall are the best. it's true. even when the forum is at it's worst, it's still a great place full of insightful, interesting and creative people. most of the time it's just top notch though. i've had too many positive experiences with folks from here to count, from the overall generous support of the community in terms of my own work to the many face to face interactions i've been fortunate enough to have over the years (all over the world!) with some of you. lots of love always.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm

In alphabetical order:
Codetocontra
Drod
Invisibleman
Jesus wackedoff a robot
Ophobe
Pbregs
Raj
Spacelord
$hark
Vid
Worra

have all been extra cool in the past few moments in time.

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm

I like everyone who posts here regularly, and I've been lucky enough to meet a dozen-plus past/present ILFers in person and everyone has been super fucking cool, and that's before you get to texts/phone calls/video chat etc... and I've "known" some on you online for a decade plus, counting time in the OG TBFX forum. Posters here have done a bunch of really rad shit musically and otherwise, and I'm super proud to be a part of some of that.

Even (and especially) if I come off as a territorial asshole about ILF, it's because y'all are very important to me. And perhaps because I don't use emojis enough.

:group:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm

I feel like I hardly post enough sometimes apart from dank memery or just screaming shit to really impact ya'all, but I love y'all all the same. behndy, jwar, uglycassanova, waltdogg, bearmountain and others that im forgetting about. Thank you all for helping expand my arsenal of weird sounds and for being amazing people and friends. Ya boi is blessed.

ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion