Secret Satan 2017 (What’s in the Box?)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Secret Satan 2017 (What’s in the Box?)

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Better get this going....

I'll organize this year!

It’s time to give until it hurts. Get yourself involved in a randomized secret santa arrangement with the weirdest group of miscreants you’re ever likely to share postage with.

If you want to participate, these are the rules:

1. Don't be an asshole.

2. ILF Management will review all applicants for rule 1 compliance.

3. Minimum post count of 500.
Criteria for exception:
Successful participation in previous Secret Santa.
Endorsement by other forum members.
Good trading record.
Other active participation in the community such as to constitute good vibes.4. What should be in the package:
A pedal or musical apparatus with a minimum value of $100. Used or new.
Consumables or other treats.
A piece of recorded music. Your own or something you think the recipient should hear.
Love (or a simulacrum thereof)5. Presents must reach their destination in time to be opened by Christmas.

6. Failure to send a gift will result in Ban Hammering. The Management does not enjoy that, you will not enjoy that. And remember, we know where you live.

7. With great power comes great responsibility. The organizer will not be included in the list of participants.

Dates:
10/06 - Applications are due
10/17 or sooner - I’ll send emails telling everyone who their recipients will be.
Mid December - Time to ship

If you’d like to participate, send an email to: ILFSecretSatan2017@gmail.com
Include the following information:
ILF handle
Real name
Shipping address
Phone number
If in the USA, are you willing to ship internationally? If you’re in a country other than the USA, where are you willing and unwilling to ship?
Preferred date to receive your gift.
Can you play vinyl records? CDs? Cassettes? Downloads?

I will confirm receipt of every request. If you don’t get a confirmation within a week or 2 of emailing, try again, then try PMing me here.

Etc. Guidelines:
Please take a few minutes to peruse the previous ILFSS threads to get a sense of what sorts of things people find delightful.

On choosing a pedal: Make sure to search the user’s posts to see what they have and what they might want. The “Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!” viewtopic.php?f=149&t=393 thread can be particularly insightful. Prefer an ILF builder.

On treats: Prefer local and artisanal. Send something weird that your recipient has never had. Send something you think your recipient will like (or be entertained in hating.) Send something that’s meaningful to you. Include an open-by date on the outside of the box. If you're going to ship anything in a glass bottle or jar, wrap it very carefully and isolate it from any music gear you're sending.

On shipping: Plan to ship with enough time that your recipient will have it before christmas. College students tend to get very busy and may not be able to receive packages at the end of the semester. When you sign up, please think about where you’ll be at the end of December. If you move, please send me your new address so I can forward it to your santa.

On secrecy: I like to give and receive anonymously. You should, too.

We've been doing this long enough that we might get repeats of previous givers and recipients. For me, one of the fun things is getting to know someone I might not have previously paid attention to. Let me know who you've had before if you want to avoid repeats? I should be able to work with the list to prevent it.

Previous threads:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53769&hilit=secret+satan
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=48870
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=43217
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=37067
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=28756
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19911
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12937
Last edited by JonnyAngle on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Secret Satan 2017 (You've been naughty)

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Tis the season for stalking. :ilf:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Aw yiss!!! :joy:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Woo
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby raj007 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Kilerrrrrrrrr
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Count me in
Do not count to 5
Tan pants are disgusting

This was an ilfss haiku
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm in but I think we ought to change a few things.

Number one. 75 bucks is too low unless you are DIY'ing. I've never been able to spend that. So why not just up the limited and get rid of some of the dead beats. No offense to anyone, but I've seen some pretty lame ass gifts given in the years I've participated. So, I'd say 100 at least unless you're making your own shit. Then please make sure it actually fucking works.

Number two. I don't want to be limited to an ILF builder and I actually refuse to be. So, I personally will ignore that if it's a criteria for being apart this year. Just saying.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 pm

jwar wrote:Number one. 75 bucks is too low

jwar wrote:I don't want to be limited to an ILF builder

I would say these are more like guidelines...

Re: spending limit: If you can afford $75 for a pedal plus other goodies, i'd say its safe to say you can spend $100 + other goodies instead. If you can't afford the $75, you prob shouldn't be participating.

Not trying to be a dick but just saying
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:49 pm

No I agree! I've seen people get totally fucked on this. I've been one of those people. LOL. I know it's about the giving, but I also think the receiving is nice.

I also vote we keep out as many none ILF folks as possible. Not trying to be a Nazi but like, if you don't participate here on the regs, then fuck off yo.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 pm

^^ That's the 500 post count?

jwar wrote:I'm in but I think we ought to change a few things.

Number one. 75 bucks is too low unless you are DIY'ing. I've never been able to spend that. So why not just up the limited and get rid of some of the dead beats. No offense to anyone, but I've seen some pretty lame ass gifts given in the years I've participated. So, I'd say 100 at least unless you're making your own shit. Then please make sure it actually fucking works.

Number two. I don't want to be limited to an ILF builder and I actually refuse to be. So, I personally will ignore that if it's a criteria for being apart this year. Just saying.

$75 has been essentially the price floor since... 2012 or something?. It basically encourages everyone to "at least" get someone a used Boss pedal (or equivalent value) as a baseline, rather than a dude getting, say, a cable and a strap and some candy. Which happened one year, and sucked, and was actually a lame ass gift, which, say, a DOD Death Metal would not be (for me. DOD Death Metals are sweet and I don't have one right now). That's the whole point of stalking: you might get pissed if you got a DOD Death Metal. I would be stoked. Either way, the stalkee is not spending more than $75 on a pedal (plus that doesn't account for the fun stuff, just the pedal/noisemaker/whatever), but is still sending a cool gift.

It's important that people don't have any obligation to go over the floor even if you do (and I know you do because you're a great Secret Santa :lol: :thumb: :hug: ), but I don't think pricing people out of ILFSS is really the play.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Actually a DOD Death Metal with the battery door and all the knob covers intact is probably priceless as an ILF Secret Santa gift.

Just sayin'.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 pm

D.o.S. wrote:^^ That's the 500 post count?

jwar wrote:I'm in but I think we ought to change a few things.

$75 has been essentially the price floor since... 2012 or something?. It basically encourages everyone to "at least" get someone a used Boss pedal (or equivalent value) as a baseline, rather than a dude getting, say, a cable and a strap and some candy. Which happened one year, and sucked, and was actually a lame ass gift, which, say, a DOD Death Metal would not be (for me. DOD Death Metals are sweet and I don't have one right now). That's the whole point of stalking: you might get pissed if you got a DOD Death Metal. I would be stoked. Either way, the stalkee is not spending more than $75 on a pedal (plus that doesn't account for the fun stuff, just the pedal/noisemaker/whatever), but is still sending a cool gift.

It's important that people don't have any obligation to go over the floor even if you do (and I know you do because you're a great Secret Santa :lol: :thumb: :hug: ), but I don't think pricing people out of ILFSS is really the play.

Yea you're right. I'm just being a dick I guess? I actually would be cool getting a DOD Boneshaker or two since I learned how to bend them. Maybe I should look at it that way.

I know whoever I get, is going to get something rad as fuck, but I over do it. Maybe I should stop?

Anyway, you're right dude. I'm a fucking gringe. LOL.

On the 500 count. I meant like folks running over here and join starting up participation again just to be included in a gift. I think that's lame. It does happen.

I don't think we should exclude the TB folks though. Last year they didn't get in and had their own and I got a killer fucking gift being in there's as well as one from Goroth here. So, just saying I don't think there should be any arguing about that this year.

Anyone that wants my services for this, I'll hook it up btw. ;)

COUGH BAREFOOT BUTTONS COUGH

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Let me check my wallet.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 pm

D.o.S. wrote:$75 has been essentially the price floor since... 2012 or something?

Fluctuation. When I was younger, boss pedals were a dime a pop.

Also, in!

Edit: also also, maybe have people write to you their allergies or dietary specifications, if any.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm allergic to not having dick pics sent to me and penicillin.

If I get Frenchie, he's getting those fucking quaaludes this year. I think I found a source.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Next

Return to General Discussion