ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 09 - UglyCasanova

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 06 - Ognoy

Postby Olin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:You guys are insane if you haven't watched goroth's vocal performance, and you're equally insane not to watch ognoy play bowed baritone and lapsteel:

This was really, really enjoyable and right up my alley.

These are well edited, well recorded, well performed pieces from everyone, it's a joy to see them put together so competently and with apparent care.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 07 - Worra

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Yeah, we were all in awe after ognoy's.

And UC is killing it with the vids.

Glad I could work on the audio. Almost entirely a cheap zoom handheld recorder. Don't let anyone tell you that you need a lot of expensive equipment to make something sound rad!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Yay more! Worra's video is amazing as well! I love that tele!
Also, UC there was a visual transition between a shadow/part of the art on the wall and a close up clip of worra at around the 4 minute mark that I really enjoy. It's awesome editing!

Olin wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:You guys are insane if you haven't watched goroth's vocal performance, and you're equally insane not to watch ognoy play bowed baritone and lapsteel:

This was really, really enjoyable and right up my alley.

These are well edited, well recorded, well performed pieces from everyone, it's a joy to see them put together so competently and with apparent care.

I've been wanting to pick up a bow for so long. Now I want to one even more. Especially because this sounds amazing and I pretty much only play baritone now. The only problem is all of the bows I see are WAY more expensive than I was thinking. Is this normal? What should I be expecting to pay for a bow?

DRodriguez wrote: Almost entirely a cheap zoom handheld recorder. Don't let anyone tell you that you need a lot of expensive equipment to make something sound rad!

Curious, which zoom model? The audio sounds great to me and I've been wanting to pick up a cheap handheld recorder
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words on the editing, peeps! These take a while to edit and the process can be frustrating, so your feedback, even noticing the little details(!), is very much appreciated! :group:

I think Ognoy mentioned that the bow he uses is the cheapest Chinese one he could get his hands on. Check the ILFEU podcast or wait for him to pop in to inform you personally. :joy:

Audio wizard DRod is up next before I go on an ego trip and edit the grand finale... my own performance. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:15 am

As far as I'm aware there's absolutely no point getting anything but the cheapest bow you can. Guitar strings tear bows to pieces and the rosin is a nuisance, something cheap and easily replaceable is seemingly the way to go.
And drod, which model was it? I've really been wanting to get one of those to record ideas at a decent quality but keep trying to convince myself to get one of the slightly more expensive ones because "the features".
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 am

Zoom H4N pro. $200 new. The one involved may have had toothpaste in the mic grill at some point. :lol:

You can see it behind the amps clipped to the pole. Above the amps pointed at the far corner of the room to try and get as much of the wide ambience instead of amp noise as possible. The downside of this spot is that in some of the performance you hear the actual sound of pick on guitar cutting above the sound of the amp. Particularly noticeable on mine where I was just using a rat for most of the performance. Live All I heard was room and rat. In the recording, there is added string plinking.

We also close miced the amps, but I didn't really use those because you lost the feeling of the dark surrounding nature of the room.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:33 am

Nice, thanks for the info, I'll try one out.
Looking forward to your performance :snax:

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 am

I gotta pic DRods brain on mic placement...
Also Olin, I was going to get some bows. I saw how expensive they got and I was just going to order the cheapest thing with the fastest shipping on Prime. Good to know that's the approach you use.

Ugly, at this point you know how I feel/think about your videos. My only criticism is you don't make more!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ognoy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks for the kind words everybody! And of course DRod and UC for making me look and sound awesome! ;)

MrNovember wrote:I've been wanting to pick up a bow for so long. Now I want to one even more. Especially because this sounds amazing and I pretty much only play baritone now. The only problem is all of the bows I see are WAY more expensive than I was thinking. Is this normal? What should I be expecting to pay for a bow?

I have two bows at the moment.
The one I used in the mausoleum is a viola bow and was the cheapest(still cost around 60$ though) I could find a my local music shop when shopping for a new bow. The other one I bought from DealExtreme and cost 6$. That one is pretty shit. The hairs are falling of and it is VERY low quality. So I can't recomend that one. But I would just go to your local bow dealer and get the cheapest one there(with the right length for you). :)
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 08 - DRod

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 am

DRod, ya'll! :joy: :joy: :joy:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 08 - DRod

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:17 am

:hug:
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: ILF EU Mausoleum vids: 09 - UglyCasanova

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:43 pm

So, here we are. Final video! Thank you guys for watching and giving me positive feedback to keep going at it! Enjoy! :group:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Woowoooooooo

Can't believe the amount of work you've put into this, but the results are amazing. Thank you and congrats for finishing you talented person!! :joy: :joy: :!!!:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am

Thanks for compiling and editing and stuff Drod and UC, thanks everyone for watching our self-indulgence escapades!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 am

:group:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext