McGregor Vs Mayweather

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: McGregor Vs Mayweather

Postby Olin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:50 pm

repoman wrote:No...

Boxing is weird in regards to how much money is thrown around, the hype of the fights, and how little of an actual core of genuine fans exist compared to people that watch stuff like this because it gets plastered everywhere in media...the fan to bandwagon ratio in boxing is enormous compared to sports like NBA, NFL, MBA. Also the complete mess of sanctioning bodies, pick and choose fights and officiating rigging destroying any kind of ladder.

I don't know, as in I really don't know. As mentioned, Latin America has a surprising following, and England/Ireland also really do love their boxing too. Not as much as football or other consistently active sports, but it's a sport that relies on promotion and hype, so there's more visible gloryhunting going on, but that's pretty prevalent in football too (can't comment on things like baseball or the NFL, don't know em) and the numbers would dwarf boxing there. Corruption in the sanctioning bodies is a huge problem though, and it's really bizarre how it's tolerated, but again, it doesn't hold a candle to FIFA.

Also Jerefuzz, Golovkin definitely has KO power in him, 33 of 37 wins being knockout backs him up there I think. Canelo has never really had big punching power and he's well above his weight here without any additional power, so he'll really struggle to land even a knock down in this I think. I really don't like Canelo and really do like Genady, so I'm pretty comfortable with it affecting my opinion and forming a strong bias. Not taking any of it that seriously makes it pretty fun, after all it's just dudes punching dudes and getting genuinely invested in it would be pretty upsetting I imagine, especially with the way things are run.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:56 pm

The thing that shocks me so much about A Joshua is how damn fast he is for his size. I swear, he'll land a punch that doesn't look like much but they slow it down on the replay and you can see the amount of power he gets ...

Is there anyone who can take him right now?
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:45 pm

raj007 wrote:The thing that shocks me so much about A Joshua is how damn fast he is for his size. I swear, he'll land a punch that doesn't look like much but they slow it down on the replay and you can see the amount of power he gets ...

Is there anyone who can take him right now?

I was saying this exact thing a few days ago. You really feel the power of his punches, which is pretty rare when watching boxing because of how conditioned they are to take hits. Deontay Wilder would be a great fight, but he's more likely to do Pulev next, who was beaten by Klitscho, so it shouldn't be too surprising to see Joshua win that and move on to bigger things.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion