Ice Cream

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ice Cream

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 pm

can't make ice cream in cast iron skillet, man.

just had pistachio ice cream for the first time and it was awesome.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby actual » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 pm

You could make parfait (the French kind).

And yes, pistachio is the single best ice-cream flavour. Ever.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 am

i don't know if you can find the ingredients easy, but we eat coconut milk ice cream here in Thailand (milk is expensive and spoils fast in tropical climate). It is really simple to make and i like it better than milk ice cream. everyone has their own recipes here, but usually you use coconut milk, coconut water, palm sugar, a little bit of white grain sugar, and a bit of salt. Plain is my favourite or with a bit of vanilla and is always used as a base, but you can then add whatever fruit or side you want to it (we use mango, vanilla, banana, lychee, strawberry, chocolate, durian, etc. mixed into it or served on top). yellow mango is my second favourite. Coconut milk is better for your health too and tastes great. Some people here mix a bit of cream inside too, so you have the best flavours of both worlds.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 am

Thai style ice cream has been popping up at a couple places around here, been wanting to try it. Sounds delicious :love:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 am

it is very simple to make by yourself too, i think maybe you could find recipes online easy if you want to make it yourself and adjust it to your taste. That is what is fun here in Thailand, everyone adds different things and makes it completely different, and also with each season of fruits it changes too. It is a very local food that you buy on the street. You have to buy milk ice cream from chain stores or it comes prepackaged/ready made in boxes.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 am

ibarakishi wrote:it is very simple to make by yourself too, i think maybe you could find recipes online easy if you want to make it yourself and adjust it to your taste. That is what is fun here in Thailand, everyone adds different things and makes it completely different, and also with each season of fruits it changes too. It is a very local food that you buy on the street. You have to buy milk ice cream from chain stores or it comes prepackaged/ready made in boxes.

If you've got a link to a legit recipe that'd be rad!
I'd love to try and make some.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:57 am

Ooh yeah that does sound really good...and refreshing in a way that ultra milkfat maybe doesn't.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:11 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

odontophobia wrote:can't make ice cream in cast iron skillet, man.

Psssh come on you absolutely could.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 am

It is really not complicated, i looked online and this was the first english recipe i found -> https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/coconut-ice-cream/ . Like i said before, there are only 3-4 main ingredients.

It really is just something you have to make one or two times and adjust to your liking. Most people here don't make it the same each time, they throw in what they have and just go by feeling (they make it in huge containers outside of their homes and then take them to sell on the streets or from their motorcycle sidecars). If you are really limited (or don't have money) here, really the only three ingredients you need are the coconut milk, palm sugar, and salt. Most people here get their water from the actual coconut when it is broken open and the insides are ground up in a blender. Obviously fresh coconuts taste best, but using the coconut milk and coconut water from cans/ containers is okay too (and maybe a lot cheaper in your climate?). One thing to remember, is that even if you make the ice cream and it isn't as sweet as you want it or maybe it is a little bit off in taste, here in Thailand we always add topping on top. The most popular topping is sweet-condensended milk drizzled on like you use chocolate. We then add fruits and nuts and other things too sometimes. But the most sugary part doesn't come from the ice cream itself. The ice cream is sweet, but it is the topping that usually is the sweetest and we don't use a lot of it. If you choose to blend fruits into your coconut icecream, then it will naturally be sweeter too, which is another trick to reduce your amount of sugar used.
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks dude!

:hug:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 pm

popvulture wrote:Thai style ice cream has been popping up at a couple places around here, been wanting to try it. Sounds delicious :love:

One of those opened up down the street from me. It's had a line out the door for two weeks straight.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:57 am

Chankgeez comment in BST made me think of this thread. Did anybody try making any thai coconut ice cream yet?
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:31 pm

#1 red bean fried ice cream
#2 carrot halwa with homemade pistachio is the jam
#3 sopapilla with ice cream & honey
#4 Belgian Milk Chocolate gelato from Talenti

I used to eat Breyers' coffee ice cream all the time, but it displeases the stomach. Gelato or a small portion at a restaurant has become my go-to.

Some of the stuff on IG looks like homemade soap, but I'd devour it without hesitation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOtCH9AjZO ... ghappiness

Also, I'm envious of anyone who can get purple IC sandwiches locally.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/top-list ... hes-in-la/

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:32 pm

;) :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion