Chank, Pop, and IMan love Ryan Gosling/ Weeeeee Blade Runner

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chank, Pop, and IMan love Ryan Gosling/ Weeeeee Blade Ru

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Make sure you wake her up in time for "Tears in Rain". :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Let's talk about that new Blade Runner

Postby lordgalvar » Sat May 27, 2017 11:56 pm

$harkToootth wrote: Josh Hamilton (Protagonist)

Man, when the Angels signed that dude, I knew it would be trouble. He relapses, blames the Angels for not providing a life coach, demands a trade and is out of the league probably doing coke off a hooker.....all while making $150 guaranteed (I think this is the final contract year).

All off one of those "I'm good because Jesus made me hate cocaine and booze" stories.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 am

Not sure if you're pulling my leg but we're not talking about the same person. I'm talking about the character actor, not the baseball player.
I've since re-thought my dream team anyway. I'm in the middle of season two of SENSE8 and I love everybody on that show. I think Jamie Clayton would be an awesome protagonist.
That or anybody who was in Park Chan-Woo's Vengeance Trilogy.
That or Addison Timlin (Protagonist), Zosia Mamet (Antagonist), throw in Idris Elba...I don't know...
There was another actor I had in mind that would be cast against type. I forgot...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun May 28, 2017 12:35 am

May have been Tommy Davidson (known for more comedic roles).
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 28, 2017 8:32 am

$harkToootth wrote:That or anybody who was in Park Chan-Woo's Vengeance Trilogy.

I keep making up additional titles to keep that trilogy going. It's fun and there're endless possibilities.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 am

This's lookin' like it might actually be pretty good. :idk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZOaI_Fn5o4

After watching that trailer though, I feel like I might've already seen the whole movie. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 am

It does seem to have a different tone compared to the first Trailer. But, i'm still giving the benefit of the doubt because every other Denis V movie has a pretty unrepresentative trailer - Sicario especially. I am perfectly fine with there being only 2 minutes of action in the movie. Hell, I do think that most films, especially Sci-Fi would be better movies if it didn't have to have action crammed into it every 15 minutes - like Arrival. :idk:

I still have moderate expectations, so i'll still enjoy it.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:13 pm

I dunno—maybe I'm going into it too optimistically, but I saw the trailer this weekend on the big screen before Baby Driver (which was pretty fucking great, too), and it got me damn excited.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm

popvulture wrote:I dunno—maybe I'm going into it too optimistically, but I saw the trailer this weekend on the big screen before Baby Driver (which was pretty fucking great, too), and it got me damn excited.

Same here, I was avoiding at all costs anything related to this Blade Runner (just like I do with albums) and fuck... I'm so excited!
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:40 pm

MrNovember wrote:Ended up buying Blade Runner with a recent purchase on Amazon. Watching it now with the girlfriend. I am absolutely loving it. She's asleep on the couch....

Get the Vangelis Soundtrack ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 pm

popvulture wrote:I dunno—maybe I'm going into it too optimistically, but I saw the trailer this weekend on the big screen before Baby Driver (which was pretty fucking great, too), and it got me damn excited.

The last trailer I saw (trying to avoid them but saw it at the Alien movie) had it more colorful than I was expecting ... I have no idea where the movie is going from the trailer but I'm definitely interested ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Trying to avoid watching the trailers because I wonder how much of my opinion of Covenant is affected by the entire film being shown in trailers before releases. I'm adamant that if all they released was a black screen with "Blade Runner" written on it and some Vangelis style synths ebbing in the background it would be enough to get about everyone xxxxtra hyped.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dozicusmaximus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Saw the trailer at the theater watching Dunkirk this weekend. I got goosebumps (probably from the soundtrack). I'm trying to bring the hype down in my head. I don't want to go in with too high of expectations. But it looks promising. I just hope it's not too modern scifi blueprint. If there is a bunch of comic relief I will be disappointed.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Speaking of Sci-Fi and 2017...did anyone see KUSO (FLYING LOTUS' new movie)? It was 'cool' but not 'great'.

I also really want to see THE BAD BATCH (not sci-fi but 'dystopian')
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:03 pm

dozicusmaximus wrote:probably from the soundtrack.

mmhmmmm :drool: :drool: :drool:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion