Depression rears it's ugly head again

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Depression rears it's ugly head again

Postby popvulture » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

It's ok, man—we all slip. You can't beat yourself up about it, rather just get back to doing your best, the whole one day at a time thing.

I quit drinking five years ago but have slipped a couple times. Never was anything too bad, but just like you I managed to give myself a pretty hard time about it... in the end though, really not worth it. The fact that you see it, give a shit about it, and make an effort to keep yourself in the best state you can be is way more than a lot of people do. Don't lose sight of the positive :hug:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 pm

redacted
Last edited by waltdogg on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 pm

i've had to withdraw from benzos twice. it wasn't pretty...in fact it's the worst i've ever felt excepting when i've been severely sick with the flu. happily, i was able to get relatively normal by tapering off and then spending three or four weeks feeling miserable. never going to take them on the regular again.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby popvulture » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm not gonna nitpick but I was responding to Jwar about the Kratom thing, and the fact that he sounded like he was giving himself a pretty hard time. Just trying to help.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 pm

no worries then.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:50 am

Any1 else having some intense sad boy moments lately, remembering a lot of childhood shit specifically from 1997?
A mix of fond memories and woulda/coulda/shouldas (but didn't) what-ifs. Is that strictly a me-thing? Happening these past few years, like I needed 2 decades to process some of the situations and view them for what they were. Been super nostalgic for the pre-911 years of my life.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:48 am

All the best to all of you. You'll get through this. :hug:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby friendship » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Started to write a text wall but suffice to say birthdays are now a depression spiral trigger instead of a fun party. I've had chronic depression for 20 years so all the common assurances that it's a temporary thing that'll pass eventually have no value to me. I've been living in an anxious, bleak fog my whole life and there's no reason to believe that will ever change. Medication and therapy do just enough keep me alive, but what for? Why?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 pm

My sister told me yesterday, that my 12 year old nephew told her, that people get sad because they haven't accepted that life is shit, but he has, thus he doesn't get in his feelings. I'm so proud.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:21 pm

actualidiot wrote:My sister told me yesterday, that my 12 year old nephew told her, that people get sad because they haven't accepted that life is shit, but he has, thus he doesn't get in his feelings. I'm so proud.

he's totally right.

life is a mess of absurdity full of useless people sprinkled with a few good things/people, and really bad things/people. and you have no control over that. you'll go insane trying to control it.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm

waltdogg wrote:
actualidiot wrote:My sister told me yesterday, that my 12 year old nephew told her, that people get sad because they haven't accepted that life is shit, but he has, thus he doesn't get in his feelings. I'm so proud.

he's totally right.

life is a mess of absurdity full of useless people sprinkled with a few good things/people, and really bad things/people. and you have no control over that. you'll go insane trying to control it.

I disagree and think it's an extremely damaging thing to let a kid get away with that line of thinking. Talk about a warped mindset. No offense man, but that's border line child neglect in my opinion. Kids should be full of life, not nihilistic and pessimistic. That's what leads to teen suicides.

I think of life as a gift. I only get one and I'm extremely grateful for it even though I do have my down times. Of course life can be shit at times, but it's not always shit. It's often times quite awesome. Like those times where you tickled your kids and get to see the sheer joy on their faces from the love and interaction. Or the times where you wake up next to your spouse and just feel more love in your heart than you could bear to stand. Or when you cry because you're happy that something worked out for someone who deserved it. No, life is most certainly a gift for me.

One thing I learned early on in my addiction is you cannot control people, places, or things. So, in a sense you only have control over your own actions. Which, I suppose you could also say it not always true depending on the person.

However, if I didn't think there was a point to all this mess of a life, I wouldn't be alive. I wouldn't be seeking help from my friends and from a professional. Life is worth living.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Nah man, don't get it twisted. He's a normal kid, we always have fun and laugh, his mother is very caring and has a huge heart.I was around his age when I had my first stint with existentialism as well. Some people are just like that.
Last edited by actual on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 pm

I wasn't going to post this but the thread has taken a turn that is all too pertinent to not. One of my all time favorites! I'll take any flak for being lame :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDzB-Eu8YeQ
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 pm

actualidiot wrote:Nah man, don't get it twisted. He's a normal kid, we always have fun and laugh, his mother is very caring and has a huge heart.I was around his age when I had my first stint with existentialism as well. Some people are just like that.

I don't think I'm getting it twisted. I think I'm reading into it exactly how you posted it, which it'd be nice if you didn't post that kind shit in a thread that clearly states I'm having issues anyway.

Thanks

EDIT

Also, I wasn't insinuating he isn't a normal kid. I was saying that shit is not funny, nor is it helpful in this thread where I'm trying to be real.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm

No where did I say that "he's getting away with it". Saying life is shit isnt != being depressed all the time, but to figure out how to be happy in spite of all the shit there is in life. Calling it border line child neglect is out of line. The kid hasn't seen a day of his mother abusing drugs/alcohol, he's healthy, etc. My post was kinda in response to friendship's post. I'm sorry it made you feel bad, but don't think I'm not doing everything I can to smother that kid in love.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion