This isn’t a cure for depression but interesting nonetheless

33A17D41-F3A0-456B-BA83-4B2EFCADC1E2.jpeg
33A17D41-F3A0-456B-BA83-4B2EFCADC1E2.jpeg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Depression rears it's ugly head again

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 am

That's a really good one Jack. Thanks for sharing it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:56 am

Yeah I like that. :) Thanks
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:29 am

It's been a week since I last checked in, so I'm checking in again. Is everyone okay? It's okay if you're not. Just checking in.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:35 am

It's nice of you to check in to see what condition everyone's condition is in Kenny.

But seriously hope everyone's doing well :group:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:41 am

yeah! yeah! oh, yeah!!!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jwar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 am

Life has been a bit of a mystery to me lately and I am again at a loss. My depression pains have not left, they have subsided quite a bit. I still have these underlying emotions that need to be dealt with but every time I'm ready, something bombards me.

My family and all who love him, lost a dear man over the winter break. Jim was my lawyer but he was my friend too. He was 87 at the time of his passing but it was so hard to see him go. My father lost his own father 15 years ago today. Jim was kind of a stand in for my dad to be quite frank. His father passed and he needed someone, Jim was there. Not a replacement by any means, just someone to confide in like you may a father figure.

So, that happens. Then my brother decides to fly off the handle and threaten to kill himself again. What set him off? Well, all I know is he was having trouble renting a place. That's it. He battles with autism (aspbergers not sure if I spelled that right), so he will fixate on something and it can destroy him if he doesn't stop. He calls my dad and blames him for everything in his life. Claims it's all his fault that he's fucked up and wants to die, that he sat there and cried watching me get beat on a regular basis (that really did happen and my sister would also watch. I'm 10 years my brother senior, so he was pretty young. They would cry and cry and that was the worst part for me). Anyway, he tells me all this and we kind of work through some stuff. I try to rationalize with him by telling him that dad and I have been through all of this before. I'm sorry that hurt you, but know that I love my father and have a dynamic relationship with him now. We are ok. I told him maybe he needs to work on that for himself because you cannot expect closure all the time in life. It's just not going to happen.

He then called my father again and leveled him and my mother. Now, I'm angry. I tell him that if you hurt my father or put him in the hospital through stress, I will viciously defend him if need be. My brother starts in on me, and I reciprocate because I'm upset. I tells me to go fuck myself (mind you I never ever said anything mean to him the whole time). Then he texts me and says this "next time you're feeling low and need a shoulder to cry on, don't call me. If you put the gun in your mouth again, pull the trigger". I was, for lack of better terms, blown away. I cannot believe my brother said this to me. I am beside myself with despair as my family unravels.

I love my family, I can't help it. Even my piece of shit brother who told me to kill myself. I love that dumb fucker. I can't do this shit forever though. I can't tolerate this hurt. I want to help my parents but good God almighty my dad enables him to be a weak person.

I just need to vent briefly. :( Today blows.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Jwar wrote:Life has been a bit of a mystery to me lately and I am again at a loss. My depression pains have not left, they have subsided quite a bit. I still have these underlying emotions that need to be dealt with but every time I'm ready, something bombards me.

My family and all who love him, lost a dear man over the winter break. Jim was my lawyer but he was my friend too. He was 87 at the time of his passing but it was so hard to see him go. My father lost his own father 15 years ago today. Jim was kind of a stand in for my dad to be quite frank. His father passed and he needed someone, Jim was there. Not a replacement by any means, just someone to confide in like you may a father figure.

So, that happens. Then my brother decides to fly off the handle and threaten to kill himself again. What set him off? Well, all I know is he was having trouble renting a place. That's it. He battles with autism (aspbergers not sure if I spelled that right), so he will fixate on something and it can destroy him if he doesn't stop. He calls my dad and blames him for everything in his life. Claims it's all his fault that he's fucked up and wants to die, that he sat there and cried watching me get beat on a regular basis (that really did happen and my sister would also watch. I'm 10 years my brother senior, so he was pretty young. They would cry and cry and that was the worst part for me). Anyway, he tells me all this and we kind of work through some stuff. I try to rationalize with him by telling him that dad and I have been through all of this before. I'm sorry that hurt you, but know that I love my father and have a dynamic relationship with him now. We are ok. I told him maybe he needs to work on that for himself because you cannot expect closure all the time in life. It's just not going to happen.

He then called my father again and leveled him and my mother. Now, I'm angry. I tell him that if you hurt my father or put him in the hospital through stress, I will viciously defend him if need be. My brother starts in on me, and I reciprocate because I'm upset. I tells me to go fuck myself (mind you I never ever said anything mean to him the whole time). Then he texts me and says this "next time you're feeling low and need a shoulder to cry on, don't call me. If you put the gun in your mouth again, pull the trigger". I was, for lack of better terms, blown away. I cannot believe my brother said this to me. I am beside myself with despair as my family unravels.

I love my family, I can't help it. Even my piece of shit brother who told me to kill myself. I love that dumb fucker. I can't do this shit forever though. I can't tolerate this hurt. I want to help my parents but good God almighty my dad enables him to be a weak person.

Sounds like your brother's switch got flipped. I'd be willing to bet he didn't mean it and he was frustrated. I know when I'm frustrated I dig my heels in for ANYTHING.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Jwar wrote:Life has been a bit of a mystery to me lately and I am again at a loss. My depression pains have not left, they have subsided quite a bit. I still have these underlying emotions that need to be dealt with but every time I'm ready, something bombards me.

1) You need to sift through this and reject every negative thought. Condition yourself to reject them while they occur, too. Try to remove the emotion and look for underlying facts that you can act constructively on.
2) Don't put other people in charge of your moods. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself, including your moods.
3) Set a positive example for your family, including those being difficult. As Gandhi might have put it, be the change you want to see in your family.

All 3 of those things can be hard to do, especially when you are first starting, but that should give you an indication of how worthwhile they are. The more you train yourself with these techniques, the more deeply ingrained they become, until they become part of who you are.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:59 pm

I cut my family off when i was 17, and only dealt with them when my parents died. i didn't miss them except when my mother finally cleaned up her drinking problem. let them go...you'll be better off.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Be the change you wanna see....or whatever
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:44 pm

cosmicevan wrote:Be the change you wanna see....or whatever

There is a lot of truth to this and I mean a lot. Lead by example, take the higher road. Etc. it’s hard sometimes and other times is totally ok. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Got to be honest. I'm not feeling being that change right now. I'm so sick of people I think I'm genuinely starting to hate people and I don't like it. Everyone seems to just shit on each other all the fucking time and it wears me the fuck out. You guys are all cool, just people in my world. So, very tired.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Jwar wrote:Got to be honest. I'm not feeling being that change right now. I'm so sick of people I think I'm genuinely starting to hate people and I don't like it. Everyone seems to just shit on each other all the fucking time and it wears me the fuck out. You guys are all cool, just people in my world. So, very tired.

Reject those thoughts, jwar. Consciously reject each and every negative thought that comes to mind. If you don't reprogram yourself, your life will never change - you will just keep wallowing in the same never-ending cycle of misery, depression, and despair.

Once you have stabilized your own moods, you will see a ripple affect in the people in your life. Until then, don't worry about being the change in them too much. These things take time, and you have to help yourself before you can help others.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 am

I generally despise most humans, though there are some that i like. as i've said before, i go to the mountains because i like and trust birds and bears more than humans. humans frighten me.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion