The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Just popping in to express my rage, anger and hatred for that stupid dark crystal prequal pile of shit.

That is all.

Is it that bad? I was rather interested in watching it, but I haven't looked into it at all yet

I'd like to know if it's that bad too. Yes, I am going to base what I do off Blackened Soul (I wasn't going to watch it anyway tbh. I just wanna here him riff).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:11 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Just popping in to express my rage, anger and hatred for that stupid dark crystal prequal pile of shit.

That is all.

Is it that bad? I was rather interested in watching it, but I haven't looked into it at all yet

It's well... imagine if you will if sesame st does game of thrones sans dwarf fucking... mostly...
The story was a bit of a ripoff of the Trillium books... the charters were overly clunky... there were bad sesame st type gags where there shouldn't have been.. the whole main idea behind why the skeksis killed all the gelflings doesn't work with the original film.. it's very heavy handed, very much in the way of all the bad reboots that have been churned out lately.. basically there is no magic... no soul... them fuckers should have watched the original a few more times BEFORE writing anything... I got through 9 eps... I'm done.. you might like it if you liked the new starwars and ghostbuster movies better than the originals.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:you might like it if you liked the new starwars and ghostbuster movies better than the originals.

WOW, you really do like fantasy if you think those people exist.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:you might like it if you liked the new starwars and ghostbuster movies better than the originals.

WOW, you really do like fantasy if you think those people exist.

They have to. otherwise why would they keep rebooting all the classics in such a fucknuted way?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:18 pm

I'm being persnickety, as I realize we're joking but, the reboot of Ghostbusters was one of the biggest box office bombs EVER. Star Wars, yeah, people love the new films... I've seen like 10 minutes of The Shit Awakens and wrote it off as people just making faces at each other for 2 hours.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I'm being persnickety, as I realize we're joking but, the reboot of Ghostbusters was one of the biggest box office bombs EVER. Star Wars, yeah, people love the new films... I've seen like 10 minutes of The Shit Awakens and wrote it off as people just making faces at each other for 2 hours.

If every reboot bombs then we may get somewhere... But no I know people that like them... And nope you watched all you needed to... And no I don't like fantasy movies very much... But that is the fault of bad movies... And Peter Jackson :p
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:If every reboot bombs then we may get somewhere... But no I know people that like them... And nope you watched all you needed to... And no I don't like fantasy movies very much... But that is the fault of bad movies... And Peter Jackson :p

Fair enough and true. Bro, literally only watched 7 minutes, and it was just shot reverse shot of people making faces at each other.

Peter Jackson's best film is HEAVENLY CREATURES. There I said it.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:40 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:If every reboot bombs then we may get somewhere... But no I know people that like them... And nope you watched all you needed to... And no I don't like fantasy movies very much... But that is the fault of bad movies... And Peter Jackson :p

Fair enough and true. Bro, literally only watched 7 minutes, and it was just shot reverse shot of people making faces at each other.

Peter Jackson's best film is HEAVENLY CREATURES. There I said it.

I like Bad Taste better ;)
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:49 pm

I'm going to say it: I like the new Star Wars movies. I wouldn't call them masterpieces or even compare them to the originals in any way, but I find them enjoyable and not nearly as despicable as "true fans" make them out to be.

That being said, reboots are getting ridiculously tiresome. I would love to see more risks being taken in the film industry rather than just remakes of every single popular movie that's ever happened.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Yeah November, I'm with you. I don't know how they didn't get the memo yet. This is not a new movie anymore, and I don't like this movie but, the reason so many people gravitated towards something like THE HANGOVER (the 1st one), besides it being "funny", I'm convinced is because it was just something different.

Did any one see the new Rob Zombie film yet? I am going to inevitably... just curious if there are other fans here?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 am

Andrew wrote:Might have to reinstate my Netflix just for Evangelion. I can't believe we finally have an easy way to watch that shit, I have been fearing that my Platinum boxset will just die, it feels like a 5 year old pair of underwear that somehow is still together.

EDIT:
The English dub was never great, but I wasn't expecting different Voice Actors :(

EDIT2:
NO MORE FLY ME TO THE MOON CREDIT MUSIC!?!

I know this is from July but man... that is disappointing. I'm like you. I have the rips of the platinum box on a hard drive somewhere.

Did you watch any of the Re-Dos? I'm a fan. Don't think of them as a remake though. Think of them like a myth. Someone's interpretation of the series (plus some new stuff added).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:44 am

adamajah wrote:.
Pulse (2001)
Good ole Japanese low budget horror :joy:

(Watch free via the Tubi site/app, whatever that is)

LOL fuck YES! My man!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:30 am

yeahhhhhh. i mean. i am WITH y'all, but.... theatrically released films are so damn expensive to make now, they aren't going to take risks. Guardians of the Galaxy was considered a HUGE risk, and i like it, but it's not ground breaking or weird or crazy and it totally follows the Marvel Movie Mold.

Upgrade was AMAZING, but it cost like.... 16 million to make? it's a whole 'NOTHER discussion how sick it is that entertainment is cheap at millions of dollars when that money could do actual good, but that's nothing compared to a tent pole film. which they are going to play SAFE.

seems like all the innovation is streamed movies and series. i liked Undone a lot. perfect buildup the last few episodes, perfect ending. i hope they don't do a season 2.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby calfzilla » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:23 am

Haven't seen Heavenly Creatures or Bad Taste, but Braindead/Dead Alive and The Frighteners were pretty fun.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Don't feel bad about posting this cause nobody posted in 6 days. You fuckers who did not watch TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG. You fucked up (nah jk, you can stream it any time). I can't wait to re-watch it but I'm making myself hold off.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion