The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:35 am

Sex Education is the best thing I've watched in some while. Only seen one episode of the second season so shush about any spoilers. It's just so kind, joyful, hilarious and fun
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:01 am

Bros... PANDEMIC is where it's at. EP 1 has been some of the most compelling documentary storytelling I've seen since Hamilton's Pharmacopeia.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:20 am

I'm really starting to hate how Netflix originals range from high quality to "SyFy cutting room floor". V-wars looked interesting on paper.... Semi-unique idea, cool concept... But every episode just feels like watching Rob Lowe trying not to take a dump. Was Vampire Diaries this bad for Somerhalder? I swear he didn't look that strained during Lost.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:47 pm

As someone who has basically seen all of Vampire Diaries by proxy like eight times through, he was in his element as Damon Salvatore.

I wish I didn't know this.

It's a stupid but fun show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Stupid and fun is better than just plain stupid.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm

That's my Tinder profile
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:36 pm

Presently experiencing streaming content withdrawal while stuck with cable in a hotel with public WiFi and no VPN access. Has anyone ever downloaded content from Netflix or Prime? If so, what is the file size and video quality like?
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:52 pm

ck3 wrote:Presently experiencing streaming content withdrawal while stuck with cable in a hotel with public WiFi and no VPN access. Has anyone ever downloaded content from Netflix or Prime? If so, what is the file size and video quality like?

I think you can actually set that option for Netflix. Not sure on file size since it will depend on the quality you choose, but probably around 1 gig per hour of viewing? Quality is great. Just be careful; sometimes they only let you download a show once and if you don't watch it within like 30 days or something you won't be able to download again.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Belated thanks @calfzilla for the Netflix insights.

We experienced Midsommar for the first time last night (Prime Video). Definitely agree with prior posts regarding the visuals and creepiness. The "reverse psychic gangbang" scene was especially memorable. My other half mentioned the same director did Hereditary, which she volunteered to rewatch with me at some point.

Also blew through most of the latest installment of Better Call Saul (Netflix) this weekend and never predicted it would be equally as enjoyable as Breaking Bad.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:28 pm

mannnnn i wanted to LOVE Hereditary. it was beautiful and different and perfect... until the last 10 or 15 minutes. lost my interest in it completely.

i do want to watch Midsommar, didna know it was on Prime. WOOT.

confused in my feelings for Preacher. i don't like any of the characters. except Cass. and am fiiiiine with a Same Idea Different Story way they went, but they did this weird thing where they hit a bunch of the fan boy pleasing thinnnnngs from the book, but in such a stupid and not connected to the TV series story way that it was... annoying? distracting? dunno. SOMETHING.

and Cass being The Only Good Person is WEIRD since he was the most horrible, irredeemably awful person in the books.

i have lile 36 minutes left in the last episode.

SUPER excited to rewatch Legion. i've seen the first 2 seasons, happy butts to get to watch through it all.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:43 pm

midsommar is better than hereditary
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:32 pm

High Fidelity is super pointless, robbed it off all the pathos of Rob slowly realizing he's an enormous piece of shit and how do you come back from that when you're already halfway to death and replaced it with "ugh why am I single?!"
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 am

behndy wrote:mannnnn i wanted to LOVE Hereditary. it was beautiful and different and perfect... until the last 10 or 15 minutes. lost my interest in it completely.

i do want to watch Midsommar, didna know it was on Prime. WOOT.

confused in my feelings for Preacher. i don't like any of the characters. except Cass. and am fiiiiine with a Same Idea Different Story way they went, but they did this weird thing where they hit a bunch of the fan boy pleasing thinnnnngs from the book, but in such a stupid and not connected to the TV series story way that it was... annoying? distracting? dunno. SOMETHING.

and Cass being The Only Good Person is WEIRD since he was the most horrible, irredeemably awful person in the books.

i have lile 36 minutes left in the last episode.

SUPER excited to rewatch Legion. i've seen the first 2 seasons, happy butts to get to watch through it all.
Yeah, fanboy service means nothing to me anymore, I've had my fill. It's okay to go full mainstream and leave it behind now. I felt like that about the comic book references in Watchmen too...it's like, me I get it, but you're definitely expecting too much from the average (uninitiated) viewer.

Color Out Of Space was much fun. Nicolas Cage definitely gets to do his thing, and it's directed by Richard Stanley (Hardware - 1990). This was a good example of reserved, well-done fan service. Just enough to be tasteful, amidst all the changes and sacrifices that have to be made for demographics and such. I rewatched Hardware after that, never realized it was adapted from 2000 AD comics (British equivalent of Heavy Metal/Epic Illustrated). Lemmy has a small part in it, and Gwar even has a cameo.
Also just downloaded the Wu-tang saga, definitely looking forward to that.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:38 pm

I finally watched Hereditary & re-watched Midsommar, so now I am convinced they are basically the same movie with different window dressings & equally terrible writing, the same way I felt about Good Time & Uncut Gems (which is on Netflix everywhere except the USA at the moment).

The Midsommar prologue is better than most series I've watched lately, though :idk:

Next up: Shrill and/or Hunters, unless I get stuck in a Nora From Queens marathon the same way I ended up watching the original and remade Footloose movies over the weekend :facepalm:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Horse Girl was the wrong movie to watch after taking the Autism Spectrum Quotient test my friend sent me and finding out I might have been on the spectrum my whole life without knowing it.

Allison Brie tho :trippy:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion