What if I told you, you could make phat cash???

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What if I told you, you could make phat cash???

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Good title? No? Fine.

So lately, or rather over the last several years, I've experience an enormous influx of people being apart of multi level marketing schemes and I am beginning to really smack my head about this shit. I have increased my friend list on Facebook to market to a bigger audience (not my idea btw and it hasn't fucking worked), and I've noticed that like half the fucking people there are involved in one multi level or another.

People with vacation shit, vitamins, make up, fat wraps...just about anything and everything you could think of.

About a year or more ago I fell for one. I thought sure, I'll try it, but I didn't like trying to sell shit to people. I quickly lost interest and realized it was a fucking scam. This was after they have taken about a grand worth of my money and gave me a shit product in return. Then during my last show prep, I saw they sold to the public so I informed people they could get it, and some did and now I have money sitting in limbo for selling shit and I don't want the money. It can go fuck itself. I got into it because of someone else who believes these things are great.

They aren't. They are a scam and suck. Anyone that makes money doing them, is only making money by fucking over other people. I'd rather sack groceries than do that bullshit.

So my point is, does anyone else get harassed on the regular from random fucking people trying to sell you this type of shit???

I remember I met up with an old teacher I had (PT teacher) for a cup of coffee. Thought it was just a friendly meet up and she pulled out a labtop and tried to sell me on some vacation bullshit that I had to sell to other people. I asked the hard questions. Where's the profit and loss statements so I can see the income of the company? Who owns the company? Etc...No answers were available as she did not know and admitted she hadn't made any money doing it but was going to be hitting it big soon. WTF.

So discuss??? Thoughts? Why are people so fucking lazy. FUCK YOU HERBALIFE!!! Just had to get that one out of the way.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: What if I told you, you could make phat cash???

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Wait, so how do I make my money?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 pm

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aedes » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Oh man.

About 10 years ago my neighbor sent out all these fliers to people in our neighborhood saying "hey we're starting a new travel agency! Come on by for a party and info about our services!" Being neighborly and naive I said "sure." Some dude from the larger company was there and showed a video about all the money people were making with this travel company, by selling the idea of starting your own business. That business being recruiting more people to buy into the business. I realized there was no travel company and I asked my friend what the hell? And he goes, oh yeah, "it's an MLM. It's bullshit." I think it was YTB travel.

I was maybe a little too offended at the time...but yeah that pissed me off.

My sister-in-law used to sell herbalife, but I think she said she did it so she can buy the stuff herself. She never tried to get us to be sellers.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lost in music » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Damn, I haven't had to deal with any of this kind of stuff for years. The drummer in one of my high school bands sold Cutco and managed to rope my parents into a presentation. They listened to his presentatino for over an hour while I lurked upstairs in my bedroom. They ended up buying two knives, one of which broke while my mom was trying to slice a simple pie.

Later on, my little sister signed up with Cutco when she was fresh out of college trying to find a job. She went to one or two sessions and the boss was like "ok, your homework is to come back with a list of every human being that you know because these are going to be your customers". She was smart enough to bail out at that point rather than jeopardize all of her actual important relationships.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby DADGBD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I have a friend who is essentially a perpetual motion machine, when it comes to getting sucked in to these things. Dude is the most genuine, sweetest, naive and trusting individual I will ever have the privilege to know - but his greatest asset is also his biggest downfall. It seems as if every day, he's like a puppy on his first walk... eyes all bright and shining and trusting...
Hahahahahahaha. Ugh!

"Wallet inspector?! Sure! I trust you'll find everything's in order, here!!"

(facepalm)
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 pm

I get the northwestern mutual
Pitch all the time

People I haven't talked to in 10 years will randomly invite me to lunch.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:47 pm

When I was 19-20 I was working at Tim Horton's. I was a shift supervisor and my coworkers for second shift were one of my best friends, my little brother and this dude I had gone to middle school with/was now playing loads of Diablo II with (whattup icybear).

One day business looking type comes in and I get his coffee and whatever. Anyhow he starts asking me some questions. Asks if I want to meetup for an interview. Young me is like, hell yeah get me out of Canada land in Murica.

We meet up and I listen to his getup for like an hour plus. Realize it's a pyramid scheme. Nope the fuck out of there really quickly and went back to enjoying my crew at T-Ho's.

Moved to Grand Rapids a year-ish later. Home of amway, America's best pyramid scheme. Fuck you're Dick Devos.

Anyway. Now my favorite bar in town, and the best venue in the city, is the Pyramid Scheme in "honor" of Amway. Yeah loaded with a bunch of pinbal machines and has great specials on good beer. To top it all off there's a bunch of great metal on the jukebox.

edited: tom to tim. whoops.
Last edited by odontophobia on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Tom Horton, lesser known brother of Tim?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:05 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Tom Horton, lesser known brother of Tim?

Yeah, I heard he tried to make a go of it selling "prison wine-flavoured doughnuts", but, apparently, there's a really small market for that. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby odontophobia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:15 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Tom Horton, lesser known brother of Tim?

:picard:

was on mobile. not really spell checking.
:D
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 pm

These have become such a stereotypical sitcom plot device, I'm surprised it still exists in real life.

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Is it really a pyramid if the guys who gets you to join wears a suit and drives a Corvette? Asking for a friend.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Mmmmmmmm, what color is the Corvette?

snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Yellow of course.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to General Discussion