so on streaming sites..

Moderator: Ghost Hip

so on streaming sites..

Postby sears » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:24 pm

You're listening to something on Soundcloud or Bandcamp and you love the song, so you listen all the way through.

Or, you hate it and you make it stop.

Or.. and this is what I'm wondering if anybody else does.. if you don't like it you leave it running but turn the volume on your computer off. I know on Bandcamp the artist/label can tell if you listened all the way through and on Soundcloud that premium members can tell who listened to them -- can they tell whether it was a complete listen?

Why do this? I dunno why I do.
sears

committed
committed

Re: so on streaming sites..

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:57 pm

There was something that happened with Spotify about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepify

Bandcamp breaks it down like this:
A “complete” play means the track was played past the 90% mark. A “partial” play means the track was played past the 10% mark, but stopped before the 90% mark. A “skip” means the track was stopped before the 10% mark. Your own plays (while logged in) don’t count toward your stats.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:43 pm

vidret wrote:what if someone posted a 20 min long noise shitty song, you'd just not listen to any good music for 20 mins with your speakers off?

So that's why we've got like 20% complete listens. :lol: :idk: :cry:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:59 pm

SO MUCH YELLOW I THINK MY BAND IS IN CRAYOLA
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:35 pm

D.o.S. wrote:There was something that happened with Spotify about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepify

In a related matter that band's Mit Peck EP is great.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:08 am

vidret wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
vidret wrote:what if someone posted a 20 min long noise shitty song, you'd just not listen to any good music for 20 mins with your speakers off?

So that's why we've got like 20% complete listens. :lol: :idk: :cry:

hahaha! :lol: :lol: you got stats on this? could you post it?

for all yours and UC's stuff i just leave it on and have a cup of java, or one of your sessions i just left it on in the background.

So yeah, not as bad as I implied. But still. I guess it goes with the progitory. :cool:

Also, thanks, though sake is the preferred drink to enjoy while taking a ride on the spaceship of error. :omg:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:17 am

Fwiw I've just checked the Bandcamp stats on all my projects and the green yellow red divide is similar to yours
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Discussion