My guitar shop needs a name

Moderator: Ghost Hip

My guitar shop needs a name

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:05 pm

A friend and I are in the process of opening up a guitar shop in Philadelphia, and we can't really proceed with anything else until we register our LLC with the state of Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, we're stuck on the name. Anyone have any suggestions? We want something Google-able, memorable, and not too cumbersome. We'll be dealing mostly with used amps, used instruments, new pedals, and all the related accessories, with an emphasis on selection. I'm not expecting the internet to solve the problem for us, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for help.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Re: My guitar shop needs a name

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Take a song lyric?

The most memorable guitar shop name I've ever heard (it's also my local so there's some bias there too) is Buckdancer's Choice, which is a dead lyric. Easy to remember, unlikely to be confused for another store, etc.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Philadelphia Music Company, LLC.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Lick the Guit-Box
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:35 pm

The Pawn Shop, just because of all my memories of buying guitars at them. Also imagine the weird people that will enter trying to sell things.

I'm always a fan of places with a name like Rudy's or some such thing. Makes it feel like you know the guy.

Riff Factory or some such thing.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:51 pm

DRodriguez wrote:I'm always a fan of places with a name like Rudy's or some such thing. Makes it feel like you know the guy.

I like that especially when there is no Rudy. You could make up somebody like "Fat Jasper" and put up a bunch of clearly photoshopped pictures of "him" (one of you in a cheap disguise) in different parts of the world, or with different musicians. Build sort of a fake cult of personality around it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 pm

I currently own two board game shops that are kind of doing that already. They're called Redcap's Corner, named after the murderous Scottish fey. We get a lot of, "so which one of you is Redcap?" Heh.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby lost in music » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Bennroe's Boogie Basement
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby frodog » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Off topic, but bennroe, I gotta say I'm a big fan of the bands you've played in, especially Pyramids and A Petal Fallen. Hit me hard (in a good way) at a low point. So thanks for that.

Guitar shoppe name I dunno... Shredder's Cave? :lol:
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Guitars Whiz Wit
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Liberty Riffs
Shreddy Cheese Steak
Fret-adelphia
National Lampoon's Guitar Center
Free Beer
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:25 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Free Beer

I guess we had to get it out of the way, right? ;) I like the Philly-related vibe of your other suggestions, though. My partner and I racked our brains for names with a connection to Philly and didn't come up with much. The names I like at the moment are Amplified (which isn't even remotely Google-able) and Come and Shred It (which my partner hates, and which I too will probably eventually hate).

frodog wrote:Off topic, but bennroe, I gotta say I'm a big fan of the bands you've played in, especially Pyramids and A Petal Fallen. Hit me hard (in a good way) at a low point. So thanks for that.

I really appreciate that! I spent most of my 20s in a fairly deep depression, so it's really humbling to hear that the outlet for all my shit had a positive impact on others too.
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:35 pm

You should listen to your partner.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Yep.
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:51 pm

what about the Good Time Melody Gang
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion