Re: Stranger Things

Postby aedes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:59 pm

SOON.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Watched the first two episodes of season two tonight with my gf. So far so very good imo.
Probably won't read this thread again until we've finished season two though, which I'm hoping we can drag out for at least a week. But that probably won't happen either.
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:33 pm

While my boo drove me to work today I mentioned that we missed out on a potential night of stranger things. She looked over, mortified. Will definitely be catching a couple episodes tonight.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm

The asshole ranger elf in our D&D game punked our for some dumb reason. Tv and ice cream it is!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:24 am

Well, that wasn't bad :animal:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Not as good as season 1 imo, but good enough. Let me know when we can start talking spoilers etc.
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Finally finished the second episode of Season I. Seems like it'll be a fun show.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:07 pm

I think it was pretty damn good. Had just rewatched Season 1 with my gf prior to this and I think 2 holds up well. The ending is a little vague/ didn’t leave too much in terms of what could be the basis for the next season. There is supposed to be 4 seasons, right?
Faldoe

Postby repoman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:34 pm

I liked season 1 a lot up until the monster was revealed in full...so about halfway through I guess? I though it was legit spoopy whilst it was snatching people in the shadows and the way all the supernatural/multidimensional stuff was setup was really interesting, which made me interested in the characters I guess. The government stuff was quite dark and sinister. I didn't get any of that cool atmosphere this season and I got irritated by the drama quickly. The 80s nostalgiabation was ok in season 1 but I thought it was on overload this time and corny. I wish more time had been spent developing the charcters from season 1 instead of introducing a bunch more too, the new ones felt flat, and their screen time ate up time that could have been spent on the characters already in it.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Yeah, by trying to make everything more grandiose and intense, they lost the mysterious vibe that made the first season compelling. S2 just comes off as something of a generic sci-fi action and all the characters fail to grow or develop in any meaningful way. Honestly, most of them barely act like real people throughout, which may be intentional to a degree, but feels like a failure in the writing to me. All we get is some backstory on one character that is sorta hyped up like it's gonna be a big deal, but then just gets effectively discarded within an episode or two.

(I did catch a Toxic Avenger reference, though, plus a fairly slick Robocop one, which was a nice change from the more standard "HAHA '80s Movie!" stuff they throw at you.)
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:06 pm

The after show thing is almost more interesting than the show itself. :lol:
Although, that's mostly because the kids are like "I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the characters and I'm practically winging it."
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 pm

I’m about half way through season 2.

It’s like listening to a bands second album and thinking, “this isn’t like their first album.”
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bloatedsack » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:17 am

JonnyAngle wrote:I’m about half way through season 2.

It’s like listening to a bands second album and thinking, “this isn’t like their first album.”

That's a good summarization. I didn't expect it to be as good as the first season simply because they're aware of what they've got, there's no way lightening strikes twice. I'm not against it, I think I'm on episode 3 or 4, and it's slowly getting better.

Just to keep it all spoiler free:
NSFW: show
Eleven looks like a child Signorny Weaver with hair.

Anyways, needs more AD&D and less licensed soundtrack song placement.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Finished it yesterday. Overall extremely good except for Episode 7 - I get the point of it but it was obviously a bottle episode and a backdoor pilot to a series I hope doesn't come into fruition. Obviously not as good as season 1 but most things aren't.

NSFW: show
"So Jonathan, how was the pull-out?"

Faldoe wrote:I think it was pretty damn good. Had just rewatched Season 1 with my gf prior to this and I think 2 holds up well. The ending is a little vague/ didn’t leave too much in terms of what could be the basis for the next season. There is supposed to be 4 seasons, right?

Correct - the Duffer brothers said they have the story's skeleton completed and want to get to the end in 4 seasons. As for the ending....

SPOILER : show
... the idea is that Eleven/Jane just CLOSED the gate, which cut off the Mind Flayer's connection to the DemoDogs, hence why they all dropped dead when the deed was done. However, at the end you can see that the MF is still alive and keeping an eye on the kids/Eleven to plan for a future potential attack in S3/4.

Also, Netflix and the Duffer Bros said S3 probably won't come out until 2019, so look for the gang to be entering high school in the mid-80s, AKA the release of this overplayed piece:

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Watching Beyond Stranger Things and it's so funny because Jim is constantly bringing up Bobwise's death and I think the creators/cast are realizing it was a bad idea to kill that character off.

Bassist_Diver wrote:Also, Netflix and the Duffer Bros said S3 probably won't come out until 2019, so look for the gang to be entering high school in the mid-80s, AKA the release of this overplayed piece:

Hopefully they go even farther with "punk 11" because, in my opinion, Millie echoing Edward Furlong was one the best decisions in the show as far as character development is concerned.
Since they already started pushing forward with emo Mike, maybe they'll go completely off the deep end with his character, too. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion