UPDATE ON PAGE 13 - ILF Portland 2016 - The Cold (j)War

Moderator: Ghost Hip

UPDATE ON PAGE 13 - ILF Portland 2016 - The Cold (j)War

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Hiya fellow fuzz afficionados pedal purveyors, and modulation maniacs.

In mid-November (date tbd based on availablity of the nuclear fallout source) we will be meeting up in Portland. Full info coming soon. But the idea is to rent out the satsop nuclear facility to record weird noises, and maybe something musical. Stay tuned for more info.

----INFO ON PAGE 13----

I got full details from the plant. They are more than happy to rent to us, but there is also a bit of bad news. First off, the price is dependent on how many of us go. For a group of 6-10 the fee would be $100 per hour. For a group of 11-15 the fee is $125 per hour. So depending on how many of us decide to go, that's about $16-$9/hr each. That includes access to all the locations at the site including the cooling towers (one open air, one closed), the actual nuclear reactor room, and the various tunnels and whatnot.

Now the worst of the news. We would be required to get insurance. I'll shop around, but it may be difficult to obtain a proper Commercial General Liability plan since we're not exactly commercial entity. I'll also see if they'll take an event liability insurance instead, which may be easier to get. I'm going to do a bit of research and see if I can get any arts grant into the project to help out with either just the insurance or the actual rental. I am still technically a Washington resident, so that should help with grants.

The other bit of bad news is that they do not do weekends, only Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. So my recommendation would be to make this an optional side excursion on either Friday or Monday for those able to get the day off. If we get a min of 6 to commit to at least 4 hour session, longer if we find funding, I think it will be worth it. And then focus the main event at a rehearsal venue all weekend long in Portland. Alternatively, we could also just find some other interesting venue, or not do it at all. Let me know if there is still interest and I should pursue this further. I am more than ok not doing it, but I feel like this would be amazing if we can make it affordable.

Side note: Anyone down to share a hotel/airbnb/hovel/artisanal cardboard box in Portland?

MAIN PLAN SUMMARIZED

MAIN EVENT
WHAT: I Love Fuzz North West Meetup 2016
WHERE: Portland, Oregon, rent a rehearsal space
WHEN: November 5-6
WHY: For the fuzz
WHO:
D.o.S. (?)
DRodriguez
Eivind August (?)
Hyphen Nation (?)
PeteeBee (?)
Strange Tales (?)
behndy (?)
crochambeau (?)
lordgalvar (?)
misterstomach (?)
morange (?)
neonblack (?)
popvulture (?)
psychic vampire.
resincum (?)
wfs1234 (?)

If there is a question mark by your name, contact me with updated interest either in response in the thread or via pm.

SECONDARY EVENT
WHAT: Nuclear Fuzz Apocalypse
WHERE: Elma, Oregon, Satsop Nuclear Power Plant
WHEN: November 7?
WHY: For the fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz
WHO:
DRodriguez

I will assume you are not going unless you specifically contact me about this.
Last edited by DRodriguez on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: ILFNEM 2016?

Postby fcknoise » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Do it when I move there
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:37 am

When/where? (WHo/why?)
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:14 am

East Coast Bias. Drod, have you seen the thread for the last one?

Morange had talked about a west coast one last summer but it didn't happen.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DRodriguez » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:23 am

Just gauging interest to see if we should do this or not. Last ILFNEM was run by our good buddy ryan summit, who is currently otherwise occupied. It was in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I'd be pretty down to do it in NYC, but I'm fairly sure that would be too expensive for most people to crash here if they wanted to.

Thread for the memories: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46649

edit: because LG is a ninjaad i post too slow. Id be down to do west coast. If its in Cali, I can go visit my papa-rod on the way.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: ILFNEM/West Coast maybe? 2016?

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:33 am

Eh, I think the ilf west coast contingent is too spread out unless it is in the bay area (even then...like at least 300+ miles between major cities). You'd have to find Behndy too...

There are a few people in southern California and a few down in Northern Mexico too. :idk:

East Coast seems easier. Haha.

I guess Waltdogg, Petebee, BitchPudding and all then could try to lure mudfuzz and morange.

Plus I could avoid showing off my guitar "skills" and keep my rep. :lol:

Though I do know enough people up in the bay area to justify the trip. Another one of my friends just moved to Oakland/works in Pinole and have a great friend in Pacifica (so my wife would probably ok it haha)

And re: price of NYC..isn't that what NJ is for?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:50 am

Even if it ends up being east coast, I'd still make some sort of effort to make it. I want to travel more and this is a good enough excuse.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: ILFNEM 2016? Probably east coast, but west coasters acce

Postby DRodriguez » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:15 am

Who needs guitar skills? That's what pedals and overdubs are for. Fact, when tracking chords, i record every string separately because i can't even power chord (not a true fact). Truer fact, I am not a great guitar player.

If it does go down in the greater ny area, I can host a couple people, but I do live in NY tiny real estate.

unrelated note, it is 2 am and some dude is poorly making monkey noises outside my window.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:40 am

Weird...it's 1130 and some weirdo is barking like a toy poodle in my front yard (no joke...it is almost chimp like in timbre). Coincidences.

Haha...guitar playing...man, you'd be surprised at the reactions I get (maybe not). Haha. I guess more of what I mean is I am very slow at that stuff too. Like can't pick up and jam without visual counting of notes (somewhat oddly tone deaf...). So it is just hard around a lot of people (though I was fine in a band and have no real stage fright or nothing...just more of a feeling of me wasting people's times I guess). Plus I only gots one speed. It's a weird beast that guitar.

Man, recording strings separately sounds like a pain! I don't even want to do stereo or try to "sync" audio haha. One take Ed wood style.

If LA is the place, I could probably set up nice things. There is an airbnb next door and know the good hotels. In a pinch I could host people too. Could probably find some nice venues too maybe.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby resincum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:55 am

I'm so down for a meet up. west coast or central like Denver would be tits
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ugly Nora » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am

DRodriguez wrote:Why should those British hating euro-DOD-thrash masters get all the fun?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't know how to have fun. At least that's what a coworker once told me.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:47 am

Hah I don't either Nora. Don't feel bad. Especially since I don't drink anymore. :( LOL!

I wish we could do a Midwest meetup and not make it 500 miles from where I am. LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby skullservant » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:11 pm

If we do east coast I can try to come.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:31 pm

I'd be down for either.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:35 pm

jwar wrote:I wish we could do a Midwest meetup and not make it 500 miles from where I am. LOL

+1
I vote Ohio (it's technically midwest but close enough for east coasters) so I don't have to travel.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion