61%
nah, but i was once upon a time...
38%
nope. never. nuh-uh.
2%

Total votes : 56

Re: you in a band?

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Haven't been in a band for like 2 years now. I miss playing in one but I can't find people in NJ that I don't want to shove into ongoing traffic so I'm fucked.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seedy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Been playing in one band or another for most of the last 20 years. As I get older I feel like if I stop I won't start again. But music is a language that you can show up somewhere and communicate with people in a way that others can't. Also, when I travel to a new town, finding musicians is the quickest way to find weed. My new NC band Puzzle Tree will record next week and you all will be first to hear it.

I'll be the first to break the seal on this topic and post my Philly band Karma Canon, which we've maintained for 15 years and still get together 2-3 times a year despite the distance. We have recorded every improvized note we've every played since 2001 and this was the first from 2016, recorded earlier this month. Fucking American Airlines chipped my new baby blue eastwood sidejack.

I am playing baritone guitar through the whole set, with two other guitarists, a bassist, keyboard/synth/vox and two drummers. My main fuzzes here are a Basic Audio Zippy and Fuzzhugger Velcrobot at various points. My fave from this sesh was "Story Behind Your Eyes". If you're sitting for 15 minutes please enjoy.

http://karmacanon.bandcamp.com/album/sc ... -fantastic
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Casavettes wrote:
bigchiefbc wrote:I'm in a cover band that plays for srs around New England. It's fun and we make decent change. I also have original stuff from a two piece that is slowly dying and it makes me sad because my bandmate is one of my closest friends and I don't have the balls to just kill it and tell him it's been real and find a new band. :cry:

bands become odd families so it really sucks when it ends, but it also leads to new shit and opportunities.
:group:

The complicating factor is that he and I were super close friends before we started jamming, we didn't just become buds due to music. I'm not saying that we'll stop being buds, I doubt we would. But it is still an awkward fucking convo.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:53 pm

PeteeBee wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Toadhouse is the only band where I have extra people I work with. I play bass and sing. We usually catagorize ourselves as jazz rock/jazz punk since that where we end up musicially. Two of the four of us are jazz musicians, we all enjoy jazz, but we also like rock and punk so it kinda ends up mixed together. We're working on our first album right now and have a few gigs lined up in the yarea

I really want to hear this! I've been trying to bring this junk together for a while without any success. I think the biggest problem is the people I play with most often aren't really into either, so it never goes anywhere lol

https://soundcloud.com/toadhouse-213376050/ultraviolence

Heres the only studio quakity thing we have. Not the best example of our jazzy side, but should be a good introduction to what we do. Theres some live sets on our soundcloud as well.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:55 pm

cross the country and play at my bar.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Don't temp me! The guys have been toying with the idea of a long tour cross counrty.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:03 am

the midwest & east are so much simpler since all the big cities are so much closer together... i mean it's like two hours from columbus to cincinnati or detroit. how long is it from denver to salt lake? 8.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 am

I love being in a band! I am in two+jamming with Vidret right now, and it's all so much fun. One of the bands, I've played in for almost five or six years now, and we just released our debut. And we've never played live haha. I still can't believe they took me in when I first played with them. I think they were just being nice at the time.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:52 am

I kinda wanna join/start another band too(got some extra time and I feel like another project would get me in better habits to get others going)...but I'd either have to join a sweet band that needs just my skillz...or start a band which is awesome but huge with two bassists (actually I'd love get a bass/guitar double-neck) and guitar and drums and 2 or 3 auxiliary percussion and a synth player or two and a horns.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:07 am

ok i'll finally jump in.

it's awesome how many of you are in bands - honestly i wondered, thinking this bunch of pedal junkies might not have that many together.

i've been in two bands since i moved to columbus end of 2009, played synth in the first, bass in the second.

i wound up bailing on both, for different reasons, but am still friends w/ everybody. which is lucky, really. i think in my life i've only had one bandmate i didn't continue to be friends with...

after the two i've tried in cbus i haven't taken on another (partially because of owning a venue keeping me pretty damn busy...) but i totally plan to / hope to again before long. i just haven't gotten to play guitar in a band since 2003. drums, keys, bass. i wanna get to play guitar again, dammit.
:mad:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:38 am

I'd be happy with a drummer and keys player. I don't really even feel like I want to mess with a guitarist ever again. LOL. God so many conflicting views. :) I have be boring and only play this way. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Or can I make my bass sound like a P. No, no I can't. It's not a P.

The last time I jammed with someone was like 2 years ago and it was a nightmare. So annoying. I wanted to rock out. He wanted to play Keith Urban. Needless to say, it didn't work.

I wish some of my fuzz bros lived closer. God damn it Chuck! Why didn't' we ever jam???
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion