did Basstalk247 shut down it's forums?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: did Basstalk247 shut down it's forums?

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:11 pm

actualidiot wrote:Remind me to check the dates the next time I read an entire thread.

lol. been THERE.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 pm

actualidiot wrote:Remind me to check the dates the next time I read an entire thread.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bloodhammer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm glad you're doing much better Ed. I still appreciate all that you did for us, making the site and putting a lot of time and energy into it and all, regardless of having also shut it down.

I don't think any of our OG's are here except for Chuck, Tore (can't remember his username here), and myself. I wouldn't worry about the old shit getting dredged up. Good to see you, man. :hug:
Bloodhammer

committed
committed

Postby nshuman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Edpal wrote:nshuman's entire post is at bottom of page 1 of this thread.
nshuman wrote: . . . .
That's what happened guy, the slow absolute mental breakdown of a man precipitated by men in their 40s, 50s, and 60s acting like little brats. My biggest disappointment in all of this? The fact that Ed fixated on Mosfed and somehow made him the incarnation of his own mental demons and his conflict with his once friend Nukes. I understand that it comes from an ugly insane irrational place and might be beyond Ed's control. But, one day, after he gets the help and medication he needs, I hope he'll publicly acknowledge that it was very wrong to do that.

I also hope that Nukes and the FBK crew one day realizes the part they played in basically destroying the little sanity that an unstable man had left.

I have shared most of this privately with a lot of folks. Honestly, a lot of this is not news to a lot of people, but I feel like it might as well be out there. Sorry for the long drawn out post, but somebody had to put it out there I think.

Yes, it's "that crazy alien"'.
You summed it up pretty good. It was a combination of things, many of which aren't in your post.
1. I had dropped about 80 lbs. in the 4 months leading up to this "event".
2. About 85 days prior to me shutting it down, a well-intention-ed endocrinologist had put me on thyroid medication for a 90 day trial, thinking my levels were low.
3. I had started burning massive amounts of weed. I'd estimate I vapped an ounce a week of White Widow and Black Domina, along with liberal doses of BHO every week for 3-5 weeks leading up to the main event. At the hospital* they told me I had the highest level of THC they had every pulled on a guy who wasn't dead. . . .
* I actually HAD my wife take me to the hospital as I thought my bad head was "thyroid storm". . . I did a 5150 stay - but it was 7 days. :lol:

So, did some meds for a few months, my doctor tells me he thinks it was an isolated event, brought on by the 3 things I listed above. Especially #3 :facepalm:

Current status: No meds for last 12 months. No weed since the event. Gainfully employed as a paralegal again for last 12 months - I could do this job in my sleep, did it for 12 years before.

:)* * I was 56 when this went down, had never had anything like this happen before.
:)* :)* ** I liked the Breeders - damn shame i hadn't started the site with THEM, they actually seemed to understand a decent free lunch and how not to screw up a sunny day. But my original group had some great guys (and one gal :) )too.
:)* :)* :)* *** Glad I had the sanity to apologize to Determann(TB owner). I might not like everything about his site but it's got a lot of good in it too.
:)* :)* :hug: :)* **** You guys went surprising easy on me in this thread. Really sorry about the whole thing. Obviously I had poured my soul into it, so seeing thing go south just sent me over the edge.

I thought after 20 months it would be good for me to make some kind of public statement somewhere. I'll not come back here and fight old fights from a time when I was dazed and confused - THAT would be crazy.
I appreciate the administrators granting my account. :thumb: Great forum.

Edios
:evil: - crap, I thought that was an alien emoji. :lol:

Glad to hear you are in a better place Ed.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Somnambulance » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Edpal wrote:nshuman's entire post is at bottom of page 1 of this thread.
nshuman wrote: . . . .
That's what happened guy, the slow absolute mental breakdown of a man precipitated by men in their 40s, 50s, and 60s acting like little brats. My biggest disappointment in all of this? The fact that Ed fixated on Mosfed and somehow made him the incarnation of his own mental demons and his conflict with his once friend Nukes. I understand that it comes from an ugly insane irrational place and might be beyond Ed's control. But, one day, after he gets the help and medication he needs, I hope he'll publicly acknowledge that it was very wrong to do that.

I also hope that Nukes and the FBK crew one day realizes the part they played in basically destroying the little sanity that an unstable man had left.

I have shared most of this privately with a lot of folks. Honestly, a lot of this is not news to a lot of people, but I feel like it might as well be out there. Sorry for the long drawn out post, but somebody had to put it out there I think.

Yes, it's "that crazy alien"'.
You summed it up pretty good. It was a combination of things, many of which aren't in your post.
1. I had dropped about 80 lbs. in the 4 months leading up to this "event".
2. About 85 days prior to me shutting it down, a well-intention-ed endocrinologist had put me on thyroid medication for a 90 day trial, thinking my levels were low.
3. I had started burning massive amounts of weed. I'd estimate I vapped an ounce a week of White Widow and Black Domina, along with liberal doses of BHO every week for 3-5 weeks leading up to the main event. At the hospital* they told me I had the highest level of THC they had every pulled on a guy who wasn't dead. . . .
* I actually HAD my wife take me to the hospital as I thought my bad head was "thyroid storm". . . I did a 5150 stay - but it was 7 days. :lol:

So, did some meds for a few months, my doctor tells me he thinks it was an isolated event, brought on by the 3 things I listed above. Especially #3 :facepalm:

Current status: No meds for last 12 months. No weed since the event. Gainfully employed as a paralegal again for last 12 months - I could do this job in my sleep, did it for 12 years before.

:)* * I was 56 when this went down, had never had anything like this happen before.
:)* :)* ** I liked the Breeders - damn shame i hadn't started the site with THEM, they actually seemed to understand a decent free lunch and how not to screw up a sunny day. But my original group had some great guys (and one gal :) )too.
:)* :)* :)* *** Glad I had the sanity to apologize to Determann(TB owner). I might not like everything about his site but it's got a lot of good in it too.
:)* :)* :hug: :)* **** You guys went surprising easy on me in this thread. Really sorry about the whole thing. Obviously I had poured my soul into it, so seeing thing go south just sent me over the edge.

I thought after 20 months it would be good for me to make some kind of public statement somewhere. I'll not come back here and fight old fights from a time when I was dazed and confused - THAT would be crazy.
I appreciate the administrators granting my account. :thumb: Great forum.

Edios
:evil: - crap, I thought that was an alien emoji. :lol:

Glad you're in a better place now.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Benn Roe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:22 am

What are these breeders everyone keeps mentioning? Is this a named internet posse? Why are they called breeders?
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:32 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Benn Roe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 am

So, it's just a name for people who posted in one (or, I guess technically three) particular thread(s) about liking big pedalboards? That counts as a posse, I guess.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Somnambulance » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 am

bennroe wrote:So, it's just a name for people who posted in one (or, I guess technically three) particular thread(s) about liking big pedalboards? That counts as a posse, I guess.

I guess.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Adamixoye » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am

Somnambulance wrote:
bennroe wrote:So, it's just a name for people who posted in one (or, I guess technically three) particular thread(s) about liking big pedalboards? That counts as a posse, I guess.

I guess.

Or whatever
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby nshuman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 am

Started as a thread about big pedalboards, turned into a thread about:

-Talking about nothing and everything
-Sometimes talking about pedals
-Other stuff I guess
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am

I've heard people call it "the Seinfeld of gear threads". :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby nshuman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 am

Chankgeez wrote:I've heard people call it "the Seinfeld of gear threads". :idk:

Kind of. A LOT of gear gets discussed though. It's just that the amount of replies it used to generate made it seem like there was no gear discussed. It mostly exists in PM threads now though.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Discussion