The Video Game thread



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Only one more sleep until my Switch Lite arrives.
mr. sound boy king

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 pm

i though BL3, or any BL, was not in the works for Switch?

i mean. i WANT. but. thought no?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:44 am

Playing the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4, which I don't play FPS games on - but i'm actually digging it way more than I thought I would, especially when running around with a suppressed MP7.

Will buy on PC.

EDIT:
Trying Beta on PC and is much more enjoyable
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, Auslandia

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:24 am

behndy wrote:i though BL3, or any BL, was not in the works for Switch?

i mean. i WANT. but. thought no?


Nah, man. Imma play BL3 on PS4 in due time. Meanwhile, I fix to enjoy some Mario shit on Switch Lite.
mr. sound boy king

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby calfzilla » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 am

behndy wrote:i though BL3, or any BL, was not in the works for Switch?

i mean. i WANT. but. thought no?


You're sadly right.... I didn't realize the talks to port it to Switch died on the vine. That sucks.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 pm
Location: DFW

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby 3205 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 am

Picked up game pass for $2 because they dropped Bloodstained on it yesterday, plus it'll let me try a bunch of other vaguely interesting things (Blazing Chrome, Slay the Spire, Undertale, Cross Code, Into the Breach...). Game seems OK so far.
affiliations
current: Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric FX
former: DigiTech/DOD
3205

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm
Location: The Salty Spitoon

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:01 pm

yah. lol. i mean. if it has hiccups on PS4/XBONE, i can't see HOW they'd get it running well on Switch.

loving it though. played about 6 hours last night, the loot system has me so attached to my guns. kinda annoyed they dropped the D-Pad to quick change between guns for Y to cycle through, it's way slower and prone to NOT THE GUN I WANTED FUCK ME I'M IN FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE TRYING TO THROW TEDIORE 'SPLODEY RELOAD AND WOOOOOOO LOOK SNIPER RIFLE OH YEAH THAT'S USEFUL RIGHT NOW THANKS.

but overall the map is better, UI is better, trees are INTERESTING, guns are amaaaaazebutts.

.... i dunno HOW i' m going to have time to explore 3 trees/power versions on all 4 characters.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 pm

behndy wrote:yah. lol. i mean. if it has hiccups on PS4/XBONE, i can't see HOW they'd get it running well on Switch.

loving it though. played about 6 hours last night, the loot system has me so attached to my guns. kinda annoyed they dropped the D-Pad to quick change between guns for Y to cycle through, it's way slower and prone to NOT THE GUN I WANTED FUCK ME I'M IN FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE TRYING TO THROW TEDIORE 'SPLODEY RELOAD AND WOOOOOOO LOOK SNIPER RIFLE OH YEAH THAT'S USEFUL RIGHT NOW THANKS.

but overall the map is better, UI is better, trees are INTERESTING, guns are amaaaaazebutts.

.... i dunno HOW i' m going to have time to explore 3 trees/power versions on all 4 characters.

Yeah that's been bugging me too. More than a few times, I have swapped weapons and started trying to spray bullets only to realize I was now holding a sniper rather than an SMG.

Really enjoying pretty much everything else, though. I'm currently playing as FL4K focusing on the stalker and hunter trees. Super fun to run into battle then use fade away to disappear while also spamming critical hits. And I just found a gun that has sticky bullets that stick to an enemy and then all explode when you reload. So satisfying to tag a few enemies and see them all blow up at the same time.

Behndy, what character are you playing?
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 am

BL3 end game is fairly slim.
I put 46+ hours in the first week.
I'm not upset about the content. There is plenty of game and I went pretty hardcore.....took days off of work and stuff.

Great game but really no depth after you beat the story and get to lvl 50 with a full build.
All that is left is playing the story again in TVHM.....the head scratching part is that there is nothing left to chase at that point.

Wait until you get the King's Call pistol and use it with fade away. its broken. lol

I felt the story was fairly weak. As a player, you are not directly involved in the plot. you don't exist.
Bunch of stuff in the story with no background, introduction or conclusion.
Things just happen for no reason.

I give it an A- overall. I still enjoy BL3 and will continue to play all 4 characters.

BL1 is still my favorite.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby worra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 am

Just finished the BL3 story last night. I'll probably play the arena-type missions for a while till I hit 50, then work on getting a full build and maxing out my SDUs. Question for those that have finished - if you start TVHM, do you lose your SDU upgrades? My guess would be no but just making sure.
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/
YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: ATX

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby TraceItalian » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:
behndy wrote:i though BL3, or any BL, was not in the works for Switch?

i mean. i WANT. but. thought no?


Nah, man. Imma play BL3 on PS4 in due time. Meanwhile, I fix to enjoy some Mario shit on Switch Lite.


How is the Switch Lite? The announcement came right after I was wishing for a decent handheld console so I've been eyeing it, but I'm afraid to pull the trigger
TraceItalian

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 am

worra wrote:Just finished the BL3 story last night. I'll probably play the arena-type missions for a while till I hit 50, then work on getting a full build and maxing out my SDUs. Question for those that have finished - if you start TVHM, do you lose your SDU upgrades? My guess would be no but just making sure.


SDUs carry over.

TVHM just resets the missions and increases the difficulty a little/game always scales to your level.
TVHM is the only way to get mission rewards at lvl 50.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby worra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:57 am

GAS KING wrote:
worra wrote:Just finished the BL3 story last night. I'll probably play the arena-type missions for a while till I hit 50, then work on getting a full build and maxing out my SDUs. Question for those that have finished - if you start TVHM, do you lose your SDU upgrades? My guess would be no but just making sure.


SDUs carry over.

TVHM just resets the missions and increases the difficulty a little/game always scales to your level.
TVHM is the only way to get mission rewards at lvl 50.


Cool - does it also reset the crew collectibles such as the typhon logs, claptrap parts, and vehicle parts?
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/
YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: ATX

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:58 am

worra wrote:
GAS KING wrote:
worra wrote:Just finished the BL3 story last night. I'll probably play the arena-type missions for a while till I hit 50, then work on getting a full build and maxing out my SDUs. Question for those that have finished - if you start TVHM, do you lose your SDU upgrades? My guess would be no but just making sure.


SDUs carry over.

TVHM just resets the missions and increases the difficulty a little/game always scales to your level.
TVHM is the only way to get mission rewards at lvl 50.


Cool - does it also reset the crew collectibles such as the typhon logs, claptrap parts, and vehicle parts?


I don't think so. I've read to wait to collect all of the things per map at max lvl/TVHM so the locked loot chests unlock at max level.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm

MrNovember wrote:Behndy, what character are you playing?


Siren. always the Siren first.

lol. and i'm boring. i'm spec'ing her tree that basically makes her a Maya Phaselock on steroids.

the no quick change for guns is SUPER annoying. i don't need a fucking taunt, the Active Mission doesn't need to be mapped to control buttons, and let me double click Y (or whatever your controllers gun change button is) to cycle Gun Modes.

hope they put out a patch that lets you reassign that shit.

you know, with the way the skill trees are laid out, it would be neat to have a few quick saves of those to change. i keep going in to modify which Elemental Action Modifier is selected, and it would make it more fluid to play with the different action skills.

my only gripes.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.