The Video Game thread



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:59 am

^that looks terrifying.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Dapper Bandit » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 am

Finally bought a Switch after some great (for me) announcements. Namely Luigi's Mansion 3, as me and the good Lady Bandit can play that together it justifies the console.

Mario Odyssey is a fan-fecking-tastic 3D platformer, I can easily see myself taking another playthrough but currently working on getting as close to 100% as possible.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:48 am

sooooooooo.... i hate to say it, because i loooove Zelda but. fuck breath of the Wild. have tried like 10 times to get into that game and it's soooooo damn borinnnnnnnng.

and it's not the game's fault. i know i don't enjoy open world games. i..... i thought this time would be DIFFERENT.

.... it wasn't.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19033
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Eivind August » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 am

Eivind August wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm finally trying Final Fantasy X for the first time, I will likely hate it.

Speaking of, I never really got into the series, but recently picked up a cheap Chinese bootleg of Final Fantasy IV Advance on a whim. Really enjoying it so far! The story got me invested and after a while I actually got into the turn-based fighting, which is generally not my thing.

Wooo. IV is great.

If you like that try VI! It's fantastic and the pinnacle of the sprite era FF games.

Funny that you mention that. Got that SNES Classic thingamajig as a chrimbus gift from my brother two years ago, and just hooked it up to start VI! :!!!: Really enjoyed IV, and have gathered that VI is even better.

To nobodys surprise FFVI is an amazing game and I had a great time. :omg: Got really invested in (most of) the story, and the gameplay was very fun.

Probably picking up a Switch later this year to play the Link's Awakening remake and the upcoming BotW 2, and noticed there are several Final Fantasy games available for it. Maybe I should take a plunge deeper down this rabbit hole? The internet tells me FFIX is a good one?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?


Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5742
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:26 am

Octopath Traveller is really good, too. And Dragon Quest XI
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby calfzilla » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 am

Eivind August wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm finally trying Final Fantasy X for the first time, I will likely hate it.

Speaking of, I never really got into the series, but recently picked up a cheap Chinese bootleg of Final Fantasy IV Advance on a whim. Really enjoying it so far! The story got me invested and after a while I actually got into the turn-based fighting, which is generally not my thing.

Wooo. IV is great.

If you like that try VI! It's fantastic and the pinnacle of the sprite era FF games.

Funny that you mention that. Got that SNES Classic thingamajig as a chrimbus gift from my brother two years ago, and just hooked it up to start VI! :!!!: Really enjoyed IV, and have gathered that VI is even better.

To nobodys surprise FFVI is an amazing game and I had a great time. :omg: Got really invested in (most of) the story, and the gameplay was very fun.

Probably picking up a Switch later this year to play the Link's Awakening remake and the upcoming BotW 2, and noticed there are several Final Fantasy games available for it. Maybe I should take a plunge deeper down this rabbit hole? The internet tells me FFIX is a good one?

FFIX was my favorite of the bunch. Probably doesn't have the most compelling story, but I felt like it had to right mix of difficulty and enjoyment. There's no sadistic bosses, but there are definitely some things to push your team and the little passive ability system made for a lot of fun.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 pm
Location: DFW

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 pm

I like XII alright. Been replaying it on and off. The Gambit thing makes it kind of fun but I don't feel the classes have enough unique stuff. Lots of optional quests. Not enough enemy variety though. Maybe 10 enemy types reskinned throughout which is kind of lame considering the good job they did of world building otherwise.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5913
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Somewhere between ignore and the OC

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Circuithead » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:41 am

I'm about 50 hours into Prey right now and holy shit does it scratch that System Shock let's-creatively-solve-some-problems itch.

This is my best story so far :

Was nearly out of ammo and had to kill some bullet sponge to get through a tough spot. I managed to setup a trap using two turrets that I positioned on either side of a hallway with a gas canister about 50 feet in front of it. I walked back behind the turrets and I lured the enemy towards the trap thinking "it's gonna get tenderized by the turrets, and when it gets close to the canister I'll just shoot it off and this should do it."

In the end I didn't have to fire a shot because as the enemy was closing in towards me, it had to get close to the canister first while being shot at relentlessly by the turrets. The two turrets lines of fire crossed over naturally at the canister because the enemy floated right up to it trying to get to me, so the canister exploded and killed the creature. The turrets did all the work. I stood there dumbfounded at my accidental cleverness. I set up that trap at different spots 4 times and it worked exactly as described twice. The other two times it was a disaster that created more problems than it solved but still, this game is a masterpiece.
Circuithead

involved
involved
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:05 am

Had my fill of FFX. Though I've still got that VII remake buzz going on... since I hardly remember anything of FFXV, i'm giving that another shot. I do know that they were updating the game so certain story hooks were revamped aswell as a 'Royal Pack' upgrade. I think that game's story is only effective after the 1st playthrough - i'm actually enjoying it now.

I did buy Far Cry 5 during the Steam sale, it's stupid as fuck but it's fun to shoot stuff. :idk:
Andrew

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, Auslandia

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am

My good lady got me Sekiro, looking forward to getting my ass beat over and over
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Circuithead wrote:I'm about 50 hours into Prey right now and holy shit does it scratch that System Shock let's-creatively-solve-some-problems itch.

This is my best story so far :

Was nearly out of ammo and had to kill some bullet sponge to get through a tough spot. I managed to setup a trap using two turrets that I positioned on either side of a hallway with a gas canister about 50 feet in front of it. I walked back behind the turrets and I lured the enemy towards the trap thinking "it's gonna get tenderized by the turrets, and when it gets close to the canister I'll just shoot it off and this should do it."

In the end I didn't have to fire a shot because as the enemy was closing in towards me, it had to get close to the canister first while being shot at relentlessly by the turrets. The two turrets lines of fire crossed over naturally at the canister because the enemy floated right up to it trying to get to me, so the canister exploded and killed the creature. The turrets did all the work. I stood there dumbfounded at my accidental cleverness. I set up that trap at different spots 4 times and it worked exactly as described twice. The other two times it was a disaster that created more problems than it solved but still, this game is a masterpiece.

Haha excellent!

I still need to finish Prey. I didn't stop for any particular reason but I took a break and now I haven't played it in months.

Great game though I was really enjoying it
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8752
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby PanicProne » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Finished Unravel today. Enjoyed it. Really relaxing. Got Unravel Two next up and also still continuing with Spiderman. Web/yarn-swinging seems to be my thing atm.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Swengland

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby odontophobia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Andrew wrote:Had my fill of FFX. Though I've still got that VII remake buzz going on... since I hardly remember anything of FFXV, i'm giving that another shot. I do know that they were updating the game so certain story hooks were revamped aswell as a 'Royal Pack' upgrade. I think that game's story is only effective after the 1st playthrough - i'm actually enjoying it now.

I did buy Far Cry 5 during the Steam sale, it's stupid as fuck but it's fun to shoot stuff. :idk:


Did you give up on FFX or finish it?
I get a lot of flack for it but I love that game.
Did a play through of VII last summer. Have started XII and IX and not completed, same with VIII so those are all on the docket.
Just started playing World of Final Fantasy which is like Pokémon/No No Kuni for FF fans. Fun
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: grand rapids

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Circuithead » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Haha excellent!

I still need to finish Prey. I didn't stop for any particular reason but I took a break and now I haven't played it in months.

Great game though I was really enjoying it


I was discussing my playthrough with a colleague who finished it too, and it was like we were talking about two completely different games sometimes. We triggered events in massively different ways and in different order so I ended up meeting people he never heard of, and he ended up seeing crazy things that I never heard of and/or breezing through sections I found crushingly hard.

The nature of the ending left me cold even though the way it's presented to you is fantastic, so I might wait a bit before going in for a second time, and right now I started playing Jalopy and I'm quite addicted to it.
Circuithead

involved
involved
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elevenstrings, Google [Bot] and 8 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.