Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: The Video Game thread

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 am

Nice! definitely a good choice.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 am

Been playing iconoclasts. I have some pretty complex feelings about the art style. It's way darker (in terms of story/themes) than it looks and damn tough but it's Pretty Great
Last edited by MechaGodzilla on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am

Don't have a ton of time for gaming these days but I still play Destiny 2 and have recently been playing Division2 a bit.

I am obsessed with the lore behind Destiny, they really stepped up their game since the Forsaken expansion. Some of the best story lines I've experienced in a game.

Looking forward to BL3, played the shit out of the first 2.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 am

How is Destiny 2 now?
I quit shortly after Forsaken.
Wasn't into needing a fireteam all the time and the time gating stuff.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:20 pm

holy butts i've been excited about Cuphead coming to Switch and it does NOT disappoint.

so beautiful, so fun, so frustrating. love it.

was SUPER digging Enter The Gungeon, but that's on hold for a hinute.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 pm

I liked Enter the Gungeon but when I was playing it, the weapons were too few and far between. Like every run I did, I was using the shitty starter gun for 45 minutes and then I'd finally find a new gun that wasn't really an upgrade. Maybe they changed it though.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:18 pm

This looks like it could be cool.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Achtane wrote:I liked Enter the Gungeon but when I was playing it, the weapons were too few and far between. Like every run I did, I was using the shitty starter gun for 45 minutes and then I'd finally find a new gun that wasn't really an upgrade. Maybe they changed it though.

huh. nah, seems to be butt tons of guns? and super silly ones. like a giant shotgun shell that shoots shotguns or a t-shirt cannon or ant that shoots flammable poison out it's mouth than fireballs out it's butt butt when you reload and.....

yah. lots of guns. and if you open the elevators you get offered 3 guns when you start at a different level then 1.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:14 am

Decided to replay Witcher 3 GOTY on PS4, Beaten it twice before on PC but it was $20 on PSN and I need a break from Siege and Overwatch. Plus I can farm some siiiiiick trophies.

Still holds up, I wish that it could get 60 fps on the PS4 Pro though but it doesn't really matter with RPGs.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:52 pm

do ya ever drink some beers, and then get fed up that your n64 is at your mom and dad's, then try and tipsily try to work out how to emulate the n64 on a macbook???

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:49 am

No but I have spent hours trying to figure out how to crack my wii u to get it to play gamecube games and then just give up and use our wii which was there the whole damn time...

Also, retropie vs SNES mini? Already have the retropie and I find it weirdly laggy when trying to play Super Mario World, is it worth the small outlay of just buying the proper thing?

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 am

if you're a pc person, putting extra roms on the snes mini is really easy. On mac it was a bit trickier but i done did it in the end (don't remember exactly how but it involved running a virtual windows unit inside macOS). worth it for the proper controllers and the great emulator software. almost indistinguishable from the old hardware imo.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm

ah man, i got my Switch pro controller to connect to the mac, but it won't quite get mario up to a full run in sm64 on the analog stick??

Wed May 01, 2019 10:59 am

Borderlands 3 gameplay streams today.

Wed May 01, 2019 6:26 pm

lol. i am avoiding that like the PLAGUE.

I. WANT. TO KNOW. NOTHING.

i don't want to know character names, i don't want to know special abilities, i don't want to know new damage types/gun mechanics, i don't want to know skill trees.

NOTHING PLEASE.
Post a reply