The Video Game thread



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Again, I'm late to the party. Been playing Overwatch for the last two weeks with GF and friends. It's fun. I like it. I'm out.
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11533
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 am

I just got OW the other day. Pretty fun! I'm still getting a hang of the hero's and who does what, but everything feels pretty well balanced. Been playing Bastion a lot and hanging back in a lane to murk people as they rush in.
nogodsnobedtimes

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:59 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:51 am

I'll be joining in during free weekend, since I can't afford it yet. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 am

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:I just got OW the other day. Pretty fun! I'm still getting a hang of the hero's and who does what, but everything feels pretty well balanced. Been playing Bastion a lot and hanging back in a lane to murk people as they rush in.

Nice! I'm playing D. VA mostly, because I'm a weeb, apparently. Zenyatta when someone scoops up my mech girl.
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11533
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 am

Overwatch Quickplay is still my chill out game when it's pretty late and i'm a little buzzed. Mercy, Pharah, Mei are my jam, mostly because they play differently and have their own weird playloop.


Getting into R6:Siege Ranked, which feels easier than Casual. Probably because you aren't fighting against Smurfs, Diamond Ranks, newbies and toxic douches.

EDIT:
No Man's Sky finally looks interesting now, I never played it so I never got burnt on it. Definitely going to pick it up now
Andrew

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, Auslandia

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 am

Started playing Warframe.
Tried at least 3-4 times in the past but couldn't get into it.
This time everything just clicked and I went "Oooooh".
Amazing game.
Wish I had figured it out earlier or had more time to play it now.
Maxed out my Excalibur and some other gear. Headed to Ceres junction currently.
(really makes me hate what Destiny 2 was and what it has become. I feel like they continually are taking it in the wrong direction.......more mindless grinding in an empty shell of a game. Forsaken could save it. we'll see.)

No Man's Sky is essentially the same as it always has been, but they filled in a lot of the emptiness, more constructing/crafting and made the progression more interesting (imo).
Still a bit grindy, still a bit samey, but it is compelling to play now at least if you're into that type of ultra chill gameplay.

I'm finding that I really only play and like space games. Mass Effect series, Borderlands series, Destiny 1&2, Warframe......................rocket league isn't space, but they do have rockets........guess that counts.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:50 pm

GAS KING wrote:Started playing Warframe.
Tried at least 3-4 times in the past but couldn't get into it.
This time everything just clicked and I went "Oooooh".
Amazing game.
Wish I had figured it out earlier or had more time to play it now.
Maxed out my Excalibur and some other gear. Headed to Ceres junction currently.
(really makes me hate what Destiny 2 was and what it has become. I feel like they continually are taking it in the wrong direction.......more mindless grinding in an empty shell of a game. Forsaken could save it. we'll see.)

No Man's Sky is essentially the same as it always has been, but they filled in a lot of the emptiness, more constructing/crafting and made the progression more interesting (imo).
Still a bit grindy, still a bit samey, but it is compelling to play now at least if you're into that type of ultra chill gameplay.

I'm finding that I really only play and like space games. Mass Effect series, Borderlands series, Destiny 1&2, Warframe......................rocket league isn't space, but they do have rockets........guess that counts.

1900 hours in and I still have shit to do in warframe. not even counting the announced free expansions coming.

Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby The Eristic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pm

GAS KING wrote:Started playing Warframe.
Tried at least 3-4 times in the past but couldn't get into it.
This time everything just clicked and I went "Oooooh".
Amazing game.
Wish I had figured it out earlier or had more time to play it now.
Maxed out my Excalibur and some other gear. Headed to Ceres junction currently.


What platform are you on? I have a Ghost clan with 100% research on PS4 if you need access to one.
The Eristic

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:48 am
Location: Cartersville, GA

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:08 am

Thanks, but PC.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 am

Inconuucl wrote:1900 hours in and I still have shit to do in warframe. not even counting the announced free expansions coming.



Wow!
That's amazing! 1900!

I have like 20 hours. lol
I feel overwhelmed but it's not impossible.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby 3205 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Apparently the Mega Man X collections are a mess, but I've had no issues so far on PC. I'm nostalgia-ing with a vengeance over here.
affiliations
current: Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric FX
former: DigiTech/DOD
3205

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm
Location: The Salty Spitoon

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:25 pm

GAS KING wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:1900 hours in and I still have shit to do in warframe. not even counting the announced free expansions coming.



Wow!
That's amazing! 1900!

I have like 20 hours. lol
I feel overwhelmed but it's not impossible.

I mean, it's 1900 spread over 5 years, so not as impressive once you do the math. It's become synonymous with hanging out with friends who are now scattered across the country, as we can play a quick mission or two when we have the time, with no needed large time commitments. Since they keep updating and redoing systems and adding new stuff it never feels stale. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:20 am

12 hours into the "new" No Mans Sky and it's pretty good. Still buggy, some missions just don't actually end or even start properly, and some base saves get wiped here and there, but the 4 person coop is fun.

Got sucked back into ARMA though so who knows when I'll get back to NMS.
nogodsnobedtimes

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:59 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby cherler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:51 am

Just sorta finished an ironman run in Xcom2 last night. Turns out even though you're supposed to be stuck with your decisions, if you bork the last mission they let you try again. Kinda lame, so I'm chocking it up as a lost run. Idk if I hate myself enough to do legendary ironman...
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 pm
Location: Kahncurd

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby cherler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:51 am

Whoopsies duble post
Last edited by cherler on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 pm
Location: Kahncurd

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.