The Video Game thread

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:30 am

Andrew wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Bought a new laptop (Asus ROG GL502VM) for some gaming and editing. My current laptop is at least 5 years old now and seriously burning my thighs whenever I'm doing either of those things.

New one has a 6GB GTX1060, i7-7700HQ, 16gb ram and SSD HD (I've been longing for one forever).

Hyped! :zen:

Just need to get some stickers for the WASD keys, because they be tacky as fuck. :lol:

Nice, I'm seriously thinking of just getting a laptop next GPU gen. Nothing that I play is particularly demanding and most of it is older stuff anyway. Besides I genuinely would just hook it up to my TV and play with a controller.

That's what I do. Just don't get the computer I got (I'm returning it). Some idiot as Asus thought it would be smart to have the screen block both vents when you have the laptop open, so it gets super hot super fast. :facepalm:
#MindGames
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.

iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:08 am

That sucks

Aaaaawww man, 800 goddamn pages of MGS art.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
worra wrote:Finally getting into Breath Of The Wild, gosh what a great game

Yeah! I was worried that it being the only game for the Switch I really had to play, that it would get old. 40-50 hours later and me and the misses are still having a blast exploring. Hylian Skyrim. :love:

No kidding. It is such a ridiculously big world, and just breathtakingly beautiful. I've just been maxing out stamina to make mountain climbing easier so I can see everything. I could draw this one along for years at my pace of play and playing time.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
D.o.S. wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:No idea what the Spacemen 3 were using
Drugs. All of the drugs.
Iommic Pope wrote:It's 2017.
Everything should be small and quiet.
Gone Fission

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am

Andrew wrote:Image

Aaaaawww man, 800 goddamn pages of MGS art.
That's a lot of Snakes butts and femme fatale boobies.

Shinkawa has done design for a new squeenix game
MechaGodzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby worra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:
worra wrote:Finally getting into Breath Of The Wild, gosh what a great game

Yeah! I was worried that it being the only game for the Switch I really had to play, that it would get old. 40-50 hours later and me and the misses are still having a blast exploring. Hylian Skyrim. :love:

No kidding. It is such a ridiculously big world, and just breathtakingly beautiful. I've just been maxing out stamina to make mountain climbing easier so I can see everything. I could draw this one along for years at my pace of play and playing time.

Yeah, I don't have nearly enough orbs to do all the THINGS yet but I don't mind taking it slow.

I kinda wanna play the destiny 2 story but I'll wait for a sale, unless there's a huge contingent of you guys (or gals) playing the multiplayer...
https://www.instagram.com/dddamons/

YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

experienced
experienced

Postby reckon luck » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 pm

M2 Shottriggers are finally releasing in english (PS4 and Xbox!), with Battle Garegga dropping before the end of the month: http://m2stg.com/en/ :yay:

I'm gradually moving away from PC gaming because consoles make it much easier to involve my family. Picked up an Xbox for Cuphead, Halo coop, Ori, and that backwards compatibility goodness. For someone who missed everything between Gamecube and this gen, BC is huge. Sony has some great exclusives but Microsoft is winning my heart.
engineer with DigiTech/DOD
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 pm

I almost bought a Switch the other day. It was finally in stock near me. But I just couldn't justify the cost... :(
MrNovember

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 pm

MrNovember wrote:I almost bought a Switch the other day. It was finally in stock near me. But I just couldn't justify the cost... :(

lol

"you like zelda? no/yes? well you better like zelda coz that's the only game you can play that's worth while on this system, muahahahah!" -nintendo
no power lines. no telephone. leave me alone.
waltdogg

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 am

Cuphead is so beautiful it borders the obscene. It needs porting to a better system tho.
Want so bad but I dont want to build a win10 machine or get an xbox1...ugh
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am

Finally playing Dragon Age Inquisition, spent a looot of time on it over the weekend and I'm having a great time. Fun game!
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:38 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Finally playing Dragon Age Inquisition, spent a looot of time on it over the weekend and I'm having a great time. Fun game!

Awesome! Been thinking about it myself but just don't know if I have it in me anymore to commit to those kind of big/long games. That and I'm scared that I'll actually want to do nothing else until I've finished it... Also have a number of old classic RPG's I still haven't given the time they deserve..

On another note I started playing Submerged last night. Initially I loved it. The music and the look of it, beautiful! Like how's it's sort of a "flowing" game too, similar, but even less challenging in a lot of ways than The Last Guardian for example, which I really enjoyed for what it was. So far managed to collect 6 out of 10 "treasures" and about a third of the secrets (although I've already kinda figured out the city's story), but kinda feel it's getting too repetitive. If it's as short as I think it is I'll probably finish it tonight.

Got the new Life Is Strange waiting for me too, but don't think we (played the first one with my gf and will do the same with Before The Storm) will actually play it until all episodes are out. Don't wanna finish one episode and then have to sit and wait for the next. Might do the "Farewell" chapter if we get too impatient though..
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby GAS KING » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:35 am

My problem with those big RPG games, is if I only play Fri/Sat......I forget what I was doing by the next time I play.

I've tried to like the witcher 3, but just can't seem to get into it......nor understand how to play it / keep track of it.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 am

GAS KING wrote:My problem with those big RPG games, is if I only play Fri/Sat......I forget what I was doing by the next time I play.

This is why I've never finished Earthbound (an incredibly tedious game, for all its charm), FF7, FF3 on the PSP, the first Dragon Age or any long RPG. I'll be in the middle of tediously grinding for one thing or another, get burned out, get into a more immediately rewarding game, forget what I was doing in the RPG. Never touch it again.

I got a mini SNES and, while I was all ready to jump into FF3/6 for the first time, I got caught up reliving Zelda and Mario too much.
MechaGodzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am

I am on the other end of the spectrum where I play super long games, Bioware, Bethesda, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc. and keep looking at all these other games I am not playing but have in my library like "sorry I gotta playthrough Dragon Age Inquisition for the fifth time because I still haven't romanced Dorian." Luckily my girlfriend plays Inquisition so I could watch some of the scenes I didn't get in certain playthroughs. We will legit have hour long conversations (or arguments) about the game's characters/stories/lore.

Anyways, right now I am playing Yakuza 0. This game is legitttt, funny af, and takes me back to being a kid with nothing better to do than play PS2 and skateboard. I LOVE IT. Sometimes before work in the morning I boot it up just to play one of the many mini-games. Right now I am addicted to Texas Hold Em... I think my Majima is going to abandom the gangster lifestyle and become a world champion in Poker.

GAS KING wrote:I've tried to like the witcher 3, but just can't seem to get into it......nor understand how to play it / keep track of it.

Dude same. I really want to get into it because it seems deep and visually beautiful, but I just cant.
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.
Ghost Hip

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Picking up cuphead next payday. Already bought the soundtrack, shit is so dope. Love frantic sounding big band jazz.

Metroid: Samus Returns is hard. This is a good thing. A very good thing.
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion