The Video Game thread



Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Gunner Recall » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Semyaza wrote:
V0id wrote:
Semyaza wrote:I'm going to buy a PS3 when the new ICO game comes out <3


Same here, there wasn't any game for ps3 that i really needed until that. The trailer is :love: :love:


Yeah, it's a really ok game, but so were ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I really don't care otherwise for the PS3. It has all the games 360 has, so it's a waste of my money right now.


Man I just got the sudden urge to replay shadow of the colossus...I need to find a copy.

The ps3 is a sweet deal if you have a big screen and a decent stereo, blurays look simply amazing. I rarely use it for gaming though.
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 4809
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: NY

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah, it's a really ok game, but so were ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I really don't care otherwise for the PS3. It has all the games 360 has, so it's a waste of my money right now.

Man I just got the sudden urge to replay shadow of the colossus...I need to find a copy.

The ps3 is a sweet deal if you have a big screen and a decent stereo, blurays look simply amazing. I rarely use it for gaming though.


I go for 'console that has games I want', and the 360 was the one. I've seen the PS3 play before, and yes, while it's pretty, it's just too expensive and isn't worth it at the moment.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 pm

htsamurai wrote:cut the EB crap we need more BB talk!!!


Semy, Arakune is supah fun to play with once you get used to him, his big thing is cursing then you can spam bugs for combos but its tough to get used to him, he doesn't play like anyone ive ever encountered.

im using Nu (V13) exclusively right now, im looking for some one else to use though for those times when Noel and Jin want to be cheap asses (probably ragna i think)


I'm a fighting game fag, meaning I know frame rates, so on and so forth. I already know how Arakune plays, and I know he's broken like Eddie. I've also been told he plays a bit like Zappa, as he throws shit just like him, minus Edguy, though if he had Edguy, shit would be over.

If Ragna plays anything like Sol, then he'll be cheap and have overpowered moves and something you can dustloop with.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby htsamurai » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Semyaza wrote:
htsamurai wrote:cut the EB crap we need more BB talk!!!


Semy, Arakune is supah fun to play with once you get used to him, his big thing is cursing then you can spam bugs for combos but its tough to get used to him, he doesn't play like anyone ive ever encountered.

im using Nu (V13) exclusively right now, im looking for some one else to use though for those times when Noel and Jin want to be cheap asses (probably ragna i think)


I'm a fighting game fag, meaning I know frame rates, so on and so forth. I already know how Arakune plays, and I know he's broken like Eddie. I've also been told he plays a bit like Zappa, as he throws shit just like him, minus Edguy, though if he had Edguy, shit would be over.

If Ragna plays anything like Sol, then he'll be cheap and have overpowered moves and something you can dustloop with.


yeah he's like eddie and zappa but.....not really honestly he's more like No Face from Spirited away than any fighting game character lol

raggy 'can' dust loop but at the same time so can most of the other characters, idk, check it out, see what you think and let me know yo
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am
Location: Fresno, CA well now its Orlando, FL

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:45 pm

yeah he's like eddie and zappa but.....not really honestly he's more like No Face from Spirited away than any fighting game character lol

raggy 'can' dust loop but at the same time so can most of the other characters, idk, check it out, see what you think and let me know yo


As it is, I'll stand proudly by Guilty Gear, but seeing as it's having legal problems with SEGA at the moment, I''ll deal with what BB has to offer. As soon as GG has another game though, I'll forget about BB, lol.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby V0id » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:02 am

Semyaza wrote:
V0id wrote:
Semyaza wrote:I'm going to buy a PS3 when the new ICO game comes out <3


Same here, there wasn't any game for ps3 that i really needed until that. The trailer is :love: :love:


Yeah, it's a really wonderful game, but so were ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I really don't care otherwise for the PS3. It has all the games 360 has, so it's a waste of my money right now.


Well there's also the HD remake of katamari, or the new game from the same guys who did katamari:





Still, they are not worthy by themselves.... while the new ico (the last guardian) is.
www.myspace.com/mudpix -> Shitty noisy stoner grunge whatever
V0id

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 am
Location: Madrid (SPAIN)

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Well there's also the HD remake of katamari, or the new game from the same guys who did katamari:





Still, they are not worthy by themselves.... while the new ico (the last guardian) is.


Yeah, I heard of that game. By itself, no, wouldn't buy the PS3. Whenever TRICO, or 'The Last Guardian', comes out, yeah. Katamari or whatever will just be something else to buy afterwards. 360 got Guilty Gear and the Wii has the new Fatal Frame, so that's what made me want those consoles so badly first. PS3 has...well, nothing right now, lol.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

So, I finally got BB (Actually, I've had it since Thursday or Friday, but my internet was out.) and it's...eh. While, it's fun, it's also no Guilty Gear. It's slower and isn't as combo driven (as in you can't pull out some 15-20 hit combo). You basically get happy if you do a 10 hit combo. The only slow fighters I've ever been into were Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters. Basically, the two things I liked about Guilty Gear, BlazBlue doesn't have, but I guess it's understandable since it's a different game, but it's no replacement. While it's a bit more technical then GG in the move department, it still didn't insanely thrill me.

I ended up staying with Arakune and picked up Tager as well, why, with his Potemkin Buster-like move and magnetizing shit, he's a world of cheesy shit. While I tend to not play characters like Arakune and Tager in other games (obvious by the fact that I play Ky in GG, and he's sucked since after Slash) I just fuckin' hate all the other characters design wise, so I just picked whoever I thought looked cheap enough. My husband decided on Rachel and Bang, Bang for his awesome Super Hero music during one of his Drives. I was pondering Taokaka, because she's the only character I find somewhat cute, but she's just sorta..eh, in the move department. Maybe for shits and giggles I'll use her, I don't know ;\

So, yes, the game is fun, but I have my gripes. I won't be spending the thousands of hours I did on GG to learn the game inside and out. When the next GG comes out, that's when I won't be seen for months ;|and it's sad I'm still playing GG2O over any other game ;(
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Pirate » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Semyaza wrote:So, I finally got BB (Actually, I've had it since Thursday or Friday, but my internet was out.) and it's...eh. While, it's fun, it's also no Guilty Gear. It's slower and isn't as combo driven (as in you can't pull out some 15-20 hit combo). You basically get happy if you do a 10 hit combo. The only slow fighters I've ever been into were Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters. Basically, the two things I liked about Guilty Gear, BlazBlue doesn't have, but I guess it's understandable since it's a different game, but it's no replacement. While it's a bit more technical then GG in the move department, it still didn't insanely thrill me.

I ended up staying with Arakune and picked up Tager as well, why, with his Potemkin Buster-like move and magnetizing shit, he's a world of cheesy shit. While I tend to not play characters like Arakune and Tager in other games (obvious by the fact that I play Ky in GG, and he's sucked since after Slash) I just fuckin' hate all the other characters design wise, so I just picked whoever I thought looked cheap enough. My husband decided on Rachel and Bang, Bang for his awesome Super Hero music during one of his Drives. I was pondering Taokaka, because she's the only character I find somewhat cute, but she's just sorta..eh, in the move department. Maybe for shits and giggles I'll use her, I don't know ;\

So, yes, the game is fun, but I have my gripes. I won't be spending the thousands of hours I did on GG to learn the game inside and out. When the next GG comes out, that's when I won't be seen for months ;|and it's sad I'm still playing GG2O over any other game ;(

Xbox?
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 pm

anybody play this one? my brother was tellin me about it.
dig the trippy intro

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Pirate » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 pm

You roll a ball around,stuff sticks to it,said ball of stuck stuff gets turned into stars.I'm pretty sure thats how the Katamari series works.Cool stuff IMO.Not alot of games in the rolly sitcky ball genre.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 am

I have the first Katamari Damacy. Basically, yeah, you roll a sticky ball around called a Katamari with the Prince of the Cosmos. The King of the Cosmos ruined the galaxy, so the King sends out the Prince to fix it by rolling up objects on Earth to turn into Stars. You have to roll the Katamari to certain sizes in each stage to finish, sometimes you have to roll up certain objects for stars, like Cygnus you needed to roll up swans, Gemini you needed to roll up twins. I bought this game when it first came out for $20, and it was worth every damned penny.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Semyaza » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am

Xbox?


Yeah, 360, because the PS3 doesn't have shit until 'The Last Guardian' comes out. I don't see how it matters what console I have it on, though. Doesn't change it's game play.
Image
"Did you give into the youthful energy of Indra?"
Semyaza

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Guilty Gear Land

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Pirate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Semyaza wrote:
Xbox?


Yeah, 360, because the PS3 doesn't have shit until 'The Last Guardian' comes out. I don't see how it matters what console I have it on, though. Doesn't change it's game play.

Thats not what I meant,I was just wondering what system you bought it for.Do you have online?
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby metalmariachi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

I Need both systems although I only have a PS 2.

Gotta do FF and Elder Scrolls. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codetocontra and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.