The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby foomanfat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Awwwwwww yeah. It has been too long since I've played an EDF.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm

WE
ARE THE
E!
D!
F!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH--*killed by single blast*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bob the r0bot » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Andrew wrote:
Unrelated, where should I start with the Persona Series? I honestly like jRPGs, just never played those games. I have a Vita and a 3DS, so either one.

Depends what you want out of them. Persona 4 the Golden is probably the friendliest starting point for the series, but 4 is often criticized by fans for having a story that reads like a Scooby Doo episode. The Golden version also has taken some heat for being too easy (too easy for SMT fans mind you). Persona 2 is regarded as having the best story in the whole SMT family, but doesn't offer much challenge and has some dated mechanics. Persona 3 is considered to be a good balance between the two, better story than 4 and better game play than 2, but it lacks the polish of 4 and loses to 2's story. I can't attest to this personally as the game is still sitting in my backlog, but most people will tell you to forget Persona 1 exists-- worst story of the series with the worst game play to boot.

Those are all available on the Vita and they all go on sale pretty regularly. The only Persona title on 3DS is Persona Q which is actually an Etrian Odyssey game and you'll need to play 3 and 4 to get all the in jokes. If you're interested in the SMT series as whole though, the 3DS does have SMT IV which is the best entry point to the mainline games and has a bangin' soundtrack.

soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 am

bob the r0bot wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Unrelated, where should I start with the Persona Series? I honestly like jRPGs, just never played those games. I have a Vita and a 3DS, so either one.

Depends what you want out of them. Persona 4 the Golden is probably the friendliest starting point for the series, but 4 is often criticized by fans for having a story that reads like a Scooby Doo episode. The Golden version also has taken some heat for being too easy (too easy for SMT fans mind you). Persona 2 is regarded as having the best story in the whole SMT family, but doesn't offer much challenge and has some dated mechanics. Persona 3 is considered to be a good balance between the two, better story than 4 and better game play than 2, but it lacks the polish of 4 and loses to 2's story. I can't attest to this personally as the game is still sitting in my backlog, but most people will tell you to forget Persona 1 exists-- worst story of the series with the worst game play to boot.

Those are all available on the Vita and they all go on sale pretty regularly. The only Persona title on 3DS is Persona Q which is actually an Etrian Odyssey game and you'll need to play 3 and 4 to get all the in jokes. If you're interested in the SMT series as whole though, the 3DS does have SMT IV which is the best entry point to the mainline games and has a bangin' soundtrack.

That's good, i'll give it a go.

No one here seems to talk about The Witcher 3 at all, I even preordered the Deluxe version when it was first announced. Dragon Age: Inquisition is kind of disappointing, i'd like a nice RPG to get me going.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Greenfuz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 am

he runs like the original fable dude
Greenfuz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Twangasaurus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:53 pm

:lol: :lol:
That intro was the shit when that game launched...
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 am

Finally got back in to Titanfall. Still really enjoy that junk.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:02 am

foomanfat wrote:Finally got back in to Titanfall. Still really enjoy that junk.

Titanfall is great, kind of shitty that people give it an unfair slamming, because it is so much more Balanced and better crafted than BF4 and CoD. Maybe once or twice a month I still like to get Drunk and make an evening out of it. Haven't done it since I rebuild my PC though just because that 50gb install file...

I honestly think that the game runs super well and looks better than any of the other competitive FPS game considering that it uses Source Engine.

EDIT:
I'd like to buy a PS4, but I'm kind of hesitant to considering that the Vita is the best actual gaming device (not including PC) that I have ever used and Sony doesn't seem to give the slightest shit about it. I'd hate to buy a PS4 but find that it just gets mistreated by Sony in like 1-2 years time. My PS3 just gets used as a Bluray player because I don't really have a need to use it.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GardenoftheDead » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 am

Andrew wrote:No one here seems to talk about The Witcher 3 at all, I even preordered the Deluxe version when it was first announced. Dragon Age: Inquisition is kind of disappointing, i'd like a nice RPG to get me going.

DA:I basically turned Dragon Age into the Witcher and that's why I'm just gonna forget about it until next year before finally caving and watching a Let's Play
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:20 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:
Andrew wrote:No one here seems to talk about The Witcher 3 at all, I even preordered the Deluxe version when it was first announced. Dragon Age: Inquisition is kind of disappointing, i'd like a nice RPG to get me going.

DA:I basically turned Dragon Age into the Witcher and that's why I'm just gonna forget about it until next year before finally caving and watching a Let's Play

DA:I was only really frustrating because of the forced filler quests and lack of direction during the earlier sections. Eitherway, I kind of prefer European styled Fantasy to the more Western kind. I'm keeping my hopes high. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GardenoftheDead » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

The Witcher always felt like a single-player MMO with a shit interface to me. Which is basically what DA:I is to me as well.

Also, I'm somewhat curious as to the distinction between "western" and "european" when both basically just use Lord of the Rings as a textbook.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby LOCOPELAND » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Man, I finally caved and bought DA: Inquisition because my friends wouldn't stop fucking hounding me and now I find out it's on sale. Fucking EA, man. They did this shit to me on purpose. :whateva:
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:58 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:The Witcher always felt like a single-player MMO with a shit interface to me. Which is basically what DA:I is to me as well.

Also, I'm somewhat curious as to the distinction between "western" and "european" when both basically just use Lord of the Rings as a textbook.

I really dig the Witcher setting. Children getting abducted then received forced mutations to turn them into Witchers, then constantly getting misused by Corrupt Governments against their will.

European fantasy is written with more of a Slavic, Norse themed Folklore and Mythology which makes for a darker, morally ambiguous tone. Japanese RPGs seem like a blend between the Western and European, except they seem to be fused with like Japanese spirituality and traditions. Yeah, LoTR is always going to be the biggest influence but eh?
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion