The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Just finished the Tomb Raider remake and went straight over to PSN to get the sequel. Damn, these games seem overlooked. A bit heavy on the shooty shooty, but they're really polished and fun to play. The tomb puzzles are great! They play like how I wished Uncharted played, no offense to Uncharted fans.

Also picked up The Evil Within and Bloodborn because cheap and haven't had the time to play them. Hype!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:40 pm

I was cleaning up the other day and found Bloodborne. Totally forgot that I had bought that along with my PS4...like a year ago
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

I've really wanted to do Bloodborne for a while now but can't justify getting a console for the maximum three games I'd want that are exclusive to them.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 pm

MrNovember wrote:I was cleaning up the other day and found Bloodborne. Totally forgot that I had bought that along with my PS4...like a year ago

Bloodborne is an excellent game, the reason I bought my PS4.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bloatedsack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm

neonblack wrote:Jk, my kid is awful at Zelda. DADDY KILL IT! DADDY CLIMB THIS! DADDY FIX IT! DADDY I ERASED YOUR SAVE FILE!

My kids recently discovered the old Nintendo Shop on the Wii side of their Wii U. They've been buying lots of shitty old games, and whatever.. but I made them spend the points on Zelda. It's like their first "real" video game where you have to think, and work, and do hard things and if you die you get set back rather than losing your magic lego brick pieces and starting where you died off.

They each lasted less than 5 minutes and quit. I can't be too rude, I've actually never really enjoyed a Zelda game and have never completed one. Same with Mario Brothers.

But I am super fucking jealous of Splatoon2 on the Switch.

Me? Elite Dangerous has consumed my life. I'm no longer remotely compelled to go back to the toxic shitfest of Overwatch (haven't seen Doomfist, havent' done any Season 5 stuff, I just don't care) because the community of players turns me off. A bunch of my friends still play religously every night, but I hang in party chats or just watch the message group light up with disgust and hate... I can't do it to myself anymore.

But fucking Elite Dangerous is fucking magic. It's got the same simple formula as the OG back in the '80s but with so much fucking more on top of it. Finally an "MMO" styled game I can get behind. I'm so fucking into it, I'm rethinking my lifetime stance on PC bullshit gaming and considering selling as much as I can in order to fund a PC and an Oculus Rift for it. I'm prepared to develop bedsores from never getting out of my chair again.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:44 pm

bloatedsack wrote:It's like their first "real" video game where you have to think, and work, and do hard things and if you die you get set back rather than losing your magic lego brick pieces and starting where you died off.

To be fair: I don't understand why anyone would want that. Sort of the 'Monopoly' effect...why would I play a game where I get bounced around and pay rent with my rapidly depleting savings account? Waiting for a game where you level up by dying, and you transform into a splendiferous condor after dying enough times.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Its about trial and error, learning from mistakes and how to be better and overcome obstacles. Plus getting to sit inside and not do chores and eat all the Doritos. Duh.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice looks pretty darn great, looking forward to trying it out.

Overwatch summer games is about to hit, gotta get dem Mercy skins. I want something nice to hold me over until I can get the Halloween one that I missed last year.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 am

Playing hard games is fun because you get good if you can stick with it. Usually the rewards are worth it.

bloatedsack wrote:. I'm no longer remotely compelled to go back to the toxic shitfest of Overwatch (haven't seen Doomfist, havent' done any Season 5 stuff, I just don't care) because the community of players turns me off. A bunch of my friends still play religously every night, but I hang in party chats or just watch the message group light up with disgust and hate... I can't do it to myself anymore.

Same here.
No other game makes me salty like competitive Overwatch. It's the first time I've ever rage quit a game and not played for months......it's not really in my personality even. fuckin' game. :picard:
Half way through Season 3 to current have not been fun for me.
I don't know if its because I've played since the beginning and am burnt out or the changes Blizzard are making it a worse game overall (or it feels cheap sometimes)?

I'm mostly playing PUBG now......which is also competitive (sort of), and it doesn't piss me off at all.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Overwatch is even less fun Team Fortress 2 but with the worst part of online gaming (competitive nerds).

Been playing The Long Dark.
It's pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bloatedsack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Andrew wrote:Overwatch summer games is about to hit, gotta get dem Mercy skins. I want something nice to hold me over until I can get the Halloween one that I missed last year.

I almost feel compelled to play just to get Eidgenossen or whatever it's called; the new one is meh levels... Its kinda just like the Sigrun but... greek. Maybe she says something fun, I dunno?

I tried to log in to see how many coins I had left, but there was a queue so I went back to Elite.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:32 am

I lose overwatch games when i play on my ps4, but win on pc. Ether way, im a god at junkrat but im sad that i suck.

Just Cause 3 had ruled my life.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 am

GAS KING wrote:Playing hard games is fun because you get good if you can stick with it. Usually the rewards are worth it.

bloatedsack wrote:. I'm no longer remotely compelled to go back to the toxic shitfest of Overwatch (haven't seen Doomfist, havent' done any Season 5 stuff, I just don't care) because the community of players turns me off. A bunch of my friends still play religously every night, but I hang in party chats or just watch the message group light up with disgust and hate... I can't do it to myself anymore.

Same here.
No other game makes me salty like competitive Overwatch. It's the first time I've ever rage quit a game and not played for months......it's not really in my personality even. fuckin' game. :picard:
Half way through Season 3 to current have not been fun for me.
I don't know if its because I've played since the beginning and am burnt out or the changes Blizzard are making it a worse game overall (or it feels cheap sometimes)?

I'm mostly playing PUBG now......which is also competitive (sort of), and it doesn't piss me off at all.

Personally, I just play Quickplay for about 2 hours maybe 3-4 times a week. When I do, it's Mercy or some other support role so people are just grateful if you're good. No intention of playing competitively. I just like online games where there's more to it than running and gunning. It's why Metal Gear Online was supposed to be great, team based stealth and tactics is pretty rare nowadays.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bloatedsack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:14 pm

IF you like that, Rainbow 6 Siege might be interesting to you.. There's definately a whole other level of tactics and strategizing that goes into it when you PvP.

I tried it, it's fun, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I can now blow a hole in a wall and then shoot through the hole.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby imJonWain » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 am

I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg
PC1.jpg (212.62 KiB) Viewed 2711 times

Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg
fallout1installer.jpg (265.8 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion