Re: The Video Game thread

Postby codetocontra » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Right!
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 am

BOTW is indeed fucking amazing. Even as a portable, but I'm gonna have to do the endgame on the big screen. Play as much as you can that way, because the panoramas are worth it.

I just beat all the shrines. Now my OCD on upgrayedds is kicking in. Must be properly dressed for the end.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am

small screen/portable wears out my eyes quickly.
I agree that big screen is way more satisfying.
Rocket League is a lot harder on the tiny screen.

Nice!
There are 4 shrines per area?
I haven't gotten very far yet.....I just marked the 3 in the first area. lol Headed towards one and encountered some baddies that can 1 shot me. wasted all my arrows to kill all but 1....then dead.
Motion control aim is weird.....I think I need to invert it.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 am

Gone Fission wrote:BOTW is indeed fucking amazing. Even as a portable, but I'm gonna have to do the endgame on the big screen. Play as much as you can that way, because the panoramas are worth it.

I just beat all the shrines. Now my OCD on upgrayedds is kicking in. Must be properly dressed for the end.

I haven't even tried the Switch in portable mode, that's not what I got it for. that way doth Switching-on-the-toilet lie and mine's far too new for that.

I just got to Goron city, not a fan of big environments that slowly kill you like the radiated areas in FO4, the dark world in Metroid Prime 2.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:35 pm

GAS KING wrote:There are 4 shrines per area?
I haven't gotten very far yet.....I just marked the 3 in the first area. lol Headed towards one and encountered some baddies that can 1 shot me. wasted all my arrows to kill all but 1....then dead.
Motion control aim is weird.....I think I need to invert it.

120 shrines total (and an extra 16 in the DLC), the total in each region is different. I'd suggest you avoid big groups of baddies early on, or save right before you encounter so you can reload with all your gear if you fuck up (priceless info when you meet Lynels later). Also you can disable motion aiming by hitting "+" and going to Options. I like it as a kind of fine adjust, while I use the C stick to course control. I took it off for a little bit but then I realized how often I use the motion to adjust by 5 degrees or so and turned it back on.

Gone Fission wrote:I just beat all the shrines. Now my OCD on upgrayedds is kicking in. Must be properly dressed for the end.

Nice! I beat Ganon with ~75 shrines cleared, but I just hit my 101st yesterday (97th non-DLC). I'm also slowly upgrading my armor/doing collect-a-thons in relevant regions as I unlock more shrines. I think I got the desert set, the stealth set, the Hyrule set, and the ice set fully powered up, and I just need a couple more star fragments to finish my Ancient armor. It's totally a small thing but I greatly appreciate being able to dye your armor. Post-game content is beyond amazing in BoTW.

And I just copped Splatoon 2 with some money I got for printing CDs, and my copy of Bayonetta 2 should arrive today :!!!: Aiming to get some music done this weekend as well, but we'll see how that goes :lol:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Gas King, avoiding avoidable combat is critical in the early game. Avoidance, stealth, and running away are big things. Even on the Great Plateau, there are some fights you won't win by conventional means without special techniques or upgrades.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm

^^ all of this
Also watch out for those laser boys, you'll get super useful items to help fight them later, but they're just gonna wreck you in one shot if you try and take them on without sick armor and HP buffs.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:06 pm

That is good to know. I would've tried to take on every mob along the way......a la every other single game I've ever played. lol
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:46 am

Oh my god :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 am

:lol: :lol:

Too perfect
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 pm

My Bayonetta 1/2 Switch Import likely won't arrive until the end of the month. Sucks.

But i've broken 75+ hours of R6:Siege. Living dat Dokkaebi lifestyle. :thumb:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby worra » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Anyone playing Darkest Dungeon? Picked it up on steam sale and it seems like a pretty good roguelike
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 pm

I played it when it was first released in early access but from what I understand the game has changed quite a bit.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:01 pm

...I don't think that I can do MG Survive, but the shitty thing is that it'll only really be playable within the first week before it falls into obscurity and no one else will play it online

:facepalm:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion