The Video Game thread



Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

The Video Game thread

Postby Pirate » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 pm

OK so I'm changing the direction of this thread soo we can discuss all video game related things and not just a fighting game that I'm currently drooling over.Post your gamertags/what playstation likes to call them,post pics of your collections and what not.Just keep it video game related.

My gamertag is christhapirate.I mostly play fighting games and RPGs.If your on Street Fighter 4 or Blazblue then send me a friend request.
Last edited by Pirate on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:11 pm

slightly off topic, but i saw a PS2 marvel vs capcom 2 for sale at gamestop for 70 bones... :picard: ..thought it was kinda pricey....one of the sickest games ever made tho fo sho! :animal:

edit: oh it was used too


whats the deal w/ the re release? aint heard nuffin bout dat
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Pirate » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:slightly off topic, but i saw a PS2 marvel vs capcom 2 for sale at gamestop for 70 bones... :picard: ..thought it was kinda pricey....one of the sickest games ever made tho fo sho! :animal:

edit: oh it was used too


whats the deal w/ the re release? aint heard nuffin bout dat

Yeah I know lol I saw it for $80 and said fuck that.They're re-releasing it for Xbox live arcade and playstation network.From what I hear they re did the the graphics in HD or something like they did to Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.Everything is going to be unlocked from the start.If you go to the shoryuken.com forums there might be some more info.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby metalmariachi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 am

Interesting character
Taokaka%20full.jpg
(112.11 KiB) Downloaded 3273 times

and fight stick
fightstick.jpg

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Maryland

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Pirate » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 am

Too bad the xbox one looks like ass.I have a real distaste for non custom fight sticks.All the ones I've had (hori/madcatz) sucked really badly so until I can get my hands on some tools I'll have to wait to use a good stick.The last stick I had was a mad catz SF4 SE was ok for a day,and then the A and Y buttons went unresponsive and the stick stopped working.I know most people end up putting Sanwa or Semitsu parts in but I couldn't justify spending $80 to just modify it with parts it should come with.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Tritone » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:45 am

Pirate, have you tried the Hori Real Arcade Pro or any of its derivatives? I had a couple RAPs and the originals came with Sanwa sticks and pretty decent buttons (which I swapped out for Sanwas for the extra 10% of performance). I think some of the later HRAP models had Seimitsu parts. I don't know the specs on this new Blaz Blue stick (I stopped playing 2d fighters a year ago because there's no competition where I live) but it's the same chassis and button layout as the Real Arcade Pro 2, which had a Sanwa, so it might be good. I sold my RAP1, and I think I still have the RAP2 at my parents' house, along with a modded Street Fighter Anniversary Edition stick which I tricked out with a Happ stick and buttons.
Tritone

involved
involved
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby htsamurai » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:23 am

dude i just youtubed it, looks freakin beast yo
as soon as i saw the pic i thought "guilty gear wannabe" then i read its made by the same people, im likin this




on the subject of MVC2, i have a copy on for PS2, got it at a game crazy about 3 or 4 years ago for $30 :lol:
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am
Location: Fresno, CA well now its Orlando, FL

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Tritone » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:01 am

htsamurai wrote:dude i just youtubed it, looks freakin beast yo
as soon as i saw the pic i thought "guilty gear wannabe" then i read its made by the same people, im likin this


A friend of mine from Singapore said the combos require even tighter timing than Guilty Gear's. I was OK at Guilty Gear for an American, but that was at the edge of my abilities--I spent hundreds of hours in training mode and still couldn't do some of the combos you see Japanese players pull off consistently. Anyway, that comment turned me off of Blaz Blue; I hope it was an exaggeration.
Tritone

involved
involved
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby htsamurai » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 am

Tritone wrote:
htsamurai wrote:dude i just youtubed it, looks freakin beast yo
as soon as i saw the pic i thought "guilty gear wannabe" then i read its made by the same people, im likin this


A friend of mine from Singapore said the combos require even tighter timing than Guilty Gear's. I was OK at Guilty Gear for an American, but that was at the edge of my abilities--I spent hundreds of hours in training mode and still couldn't do some of the combos you see Japanese players pull off consistently. Anyway, that comment turned me off of Blaz Blue; I hope it was an exaggeration.


yeah the GG combos were some of the toughest


how do you guys feel about SF4?
im still dissapointed everytime i play it :(
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am
Location: Fresno, CA well now its Orlando, FL

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Tritone » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:22 am

I actually haven't even played it! There were a bunch of cabs in Hong Kong when I was there last year, but it was too crowded.

One secondary benefit is that it seems to have revitalized the 2d community a bit; EVO 2009 seems to have a lot of hype behind it this year. From what I hear, Justin Wong's been winning most of the SF4 tournaments so far. Although he got his ass kicked by Daigo in the Gamestop exhibitions :)
Tritone

involved
involved
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby htsamurai » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:38 am

lol, justin wong is beastly but nothings better than the daigo vid
i like how no one even questions daigo anymore :lol:


I'd love to go to EVO 09, i wont get to but thats what youtube is for, right? ....:no:
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am
Location: Fresno, CA well now its Orlando, FL

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Pirate » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 am

Tritone wrote:Pirate, have you tried the Hori Real Arcade Pro or any of its derivatives? I had a couple RAPs and the originals came with Sanwa sticks and pretty decent buttons (which I swapped out for Sanwas for the extra 10% of performance). I think some of the later HRAP models had Seimitsu parts. I don't know the specs on this new Blaz Blue stick (I stopped playing 2d fighters a year ago because there's no competition where I live) but it's the same chassis and button layout as the Real Arcade Pro 2, which had a Sanwa, so it might be good. I sold my RAP1, and I think I still have the RAP2 at my parents' house, along with a modded Street Fighter Anniversary Edition stick which I tricked out with a Happ stick and buttons.

The xbox one is too expensive,out of stock everywhere,and doesn't have good parts.The newest PS3 one is all Seimitsu though,and very limited.I might just get some wood,and use whatever tools my dad has to build one.My only problem would be having to hack my controller and what not.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby V0id » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:12 am

I've been digging this game for a few months ;)
And yes, i'm really excited about the re-edition of Marvel vs capcom 2. I played it a lot in dreamcast, but it was frustrating because of the dreamcast controller's stick.
And i can't wait to put my hands on tatsunoko vs capcom :love:
www.myspace.com/mudpix -> Shitty noisy stoner grunge whatever
V0id

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 am
Location: Madrid (SPAIN)

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Brettski » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:46 am

2D fighting games passed me up a LOOONG time ago. So freakin deep, timing sensative... i have a nappreciation for em, but not enough time to get good at em anymore. I'd rather be playing geeters anyways.

This game looks amazing, the animations and backgrounds are to die for, and it sounds fantastic. Y'all keep us posted when it comes out.
Assume a spherical chicken.
Brettski

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Florida

Re: For the Fighting Game/Video Game Fans

Postby Pirate » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:32 pm

V0id wrote:I've been digging this game for a few months ;)
And yes, i'm really excited about the re-edition of Marvel vs capcom 2. I played it a lot in dreamcast, but it was frustrating because of the dreamcast controller's stick.
And i can't wait to put my hands on tatsunoko vs capcom :love:

Tatsunoko looks amazing,I would buy a Wii just to play that game.
Pirate

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Rochester,NY

Next

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.