The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:11 am

GAS KING wrote:First time playing a CoD. (I think I played the campaign of Black Ops 1 when I got my XBOX 360 but nothing else.)

I ended up buying BO4 and played over the weekend.
I wouldn't say I really had fun.....just played and it was ok. very "meh" experience.
Not my type of game mostly. I really only get deep into loot games (D3, Destiny, Borderlands, Warframe etc).

About the same, plus BO4 is horrendously optimized on PC. CPU running at 85-95% :idk:

Returned my Vega 56 and bought a GTX1070 Ti instead - much cooler and quieter, giving Rise of the Tomb Raider on sale at Steam a try. I remember the first half being super fun sneaking around coldwar Russian facilities is always fun though
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am

I'm kinda burnt out on everything right now. Online PVP multiplayer wears me out.

A good single player campaign might be alright.
Never did make it through Mass Effect 2 or 3........never played a Tomb Raider game. Haven't been a fan of stealth games in the past.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby 3205 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:02 pm

ZeroRanger is my GOTY. Smash might beat it, but might not. Holy cow, what a special game.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 pm

So I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 earlier and have only put like an hour into it so far, but it's been great and I am really looking forward to the rest.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 pm

I got tekken 5 for 7 bucks for PS2.. that's what's up.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:42 am

tekken 5 is underrated imo. better than 6/7. favs are TTT, 5 and 3
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:21 pm

3 is a classic, although the secret characters are kind of lame
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Just started playing the extra missions added in the latest XCom2 update. Fun stuff! Good amount of missions for a free DLC.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:25 pm

My girlfriend has been away most of the weekend so I have been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 nonstop. It is so much better than I was expecting. There's been so many beautiful moments (like the one morning I woke up in camp and it had clearly rained overnight so everything was wet and there was the most realistic video game mist/fog I had ever seen including a rainbow going clear across the valley). There's also been so many brutal moments (any time you go to collect a debt; seriously just so, so painful). Also, the random events seem pretty polished. I've yet to see the same one twice and they've mostly been pretty interesting/worth doing.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 pm

My roommate just bought a PS4 a month ago. Kind of hoping he picks RDR up to check it out.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I just went fishing with a couple others from the gang and now we're singing songs as we row back to camp. This was a completely optional side quest thing and I am so happy I did it
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:25 am

I picked up Dark Souls Remastered for the Switch and I'm hooked but BOY AM I FRUSTRATED. Made it through The Depths, but let myself get sidetracked by a suggestion that I go find a Rusted Iron Ring before hitting Blighttown. I spent like 2 hours yesterday trying to defeat a Black Knight to absolutely no avail, but I'm just gonna say fuck it and go explore elsewhere to level up before I head back to the main road ahead of me.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:51 pm

baremountain wrote:but let myself get sidetracked by a suggestion that I go find a Rusted Iron Ring before hitting Blighttown. I spent like 2 hours yesterday trying to defeat a Black Knight to absolutely no avail,

RIR definitely makes the next section moderately less heinous, BUT you might get more out of the experience going in without it, as the devs intended for a first playthrough. The slog really enhances the sheer awfulness of the area. Otherwise...
SPOILER : show
Parrying is your friend, and if you can't git gud at that, go speed strats: bait him out, run past. IIrc, though, you can just bypass him entirely by going through the side door in the main bonfire courtyard if you opened it the first time you were in the Asylum. Don't fall.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:54 pm

I was never able to get the hang of parrying, the difference between the animation and the actual parry was too severe for me. I did eventually realize that lighter armor helped me survive more than heavy in most situations. It was easier for me to just roll behind the black knights and backstab them.

What made the game much easier was making a fire magic character. Kid mode in comparison to running around with melee only.
The worst part of blighttown is by far those poison dart fuckers. Luckily they don't respawn once you kill them. I had to resort to suicide rushing them one at a time, dying, and coming back for the next one. What a nightmare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Yeah, pyro and sorcery trivialize NG, and mobility is always the way to go unless you really know why you're building for tank and how to use it.

Black and Silver Knights have huge parry windows for a very specific, kinda spoilery reason. Also, the smaller the shield, the more parry frames you get... then there's the Parrying Dagger. Heater Shield has the most parry frames of any 100% physical block shield, if you need it, and speaking of shields, there's one in particular that makes dart boys easy. It really pays to explore and read item descriptions carefully in Souls games, as there's practically always a counter available to forthcoming challenges in the preceding areas.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion