The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Achtane » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 am

My longtime gaming buddy just sprung it on me that all the parts needed to build a PC will be here next week, "because it's been way too long since we played anything". What a dude.
So, uhh... what critical games have I missed out on in the past 4 years? I already bought Doom and the new Earth Defense Force. I never really liked Overwatch or anything hero-y...
Does anyone play the new Battlefield? BF1942 was the source of so many good memories but I fear the new one will be far removed from the magic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:07 pm

What other sort of stuff do you like? I'm not clued up on multiplayer stuff so if it's all that then :idk:

Oh I tried an Oculus rift at work the other day. My skepticism about Half Life Alyx is GONE. That thing was far above the VR stuff I'd tried in the past so if the current gen technology is that good sign me up once there are more games.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:20 pm

Destiny 2's free and I've enjoyed it for the most part.
The only games I've really "enjoyed" lately have been Rainbow 6: Siege for close-quarters first person shooting, Titanfall 2 for the faster-paced FPS experience, and No Man's Sky when I feel like dicking around in space.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:33 am

I was tempted to get a PSVR since they were $150 off on Black friday, but I don't know if i'd actually use it due to space and powering and I'd rather save the money for a new guitar or holiday. Firewall: Zero Hour looks rad as hell though.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 3205 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:11 am

Achtane wrote:My longtime gaming buddy just sprung it on me that all the parts needed to build a PC will be here next week, "because it's been way too long since we played anything". What a dude.
So, uhh... what critical games have I missed out on in the past 4 years? I already bought Doom and the new Earth Defense Force. I never really liked Overwatch or anything hero-y...
Does anyone play the new Battlefield? BF1942 was the source of so many good memories but I fear the new one will be far removed from the magic.

Co-op type stuff? Helldivers has a similar goofy vibe to EDF.

Dark Souls 3 use the power of friendship to slay dragons.

Monster Hunter World, slay dragons with your buddies and your battle cats.

Natural Selection 2 if you wish Starcraft was actually Counter-Strike.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth has a 'True Co-op' mod that I've never tried but seems awesome.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 am

Chrono trigger is lots of fun. I think I did a couple new game plusses just to get extra endings and stuff.

Chrono Cross was also a lot of fun. Wish they would remake/re-release that one. Tons of characters and a cool battle system.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 pm

i got cursed on dark souls coz i am an idiot
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:38 pm

boof. fucking FINALLY. the Dank Hollows or whatever the Halloween Borderlands 3 thing was is over.

on the one hand, kinda annoyed i JUST realized how pimp the Ghast Call is and only have some up to about level 40. i thought it ended tomorrow and was going to farm a few level 50's tonight.

on the other hand, fuck ME the ghosts on random creatures was so frustrating.

i hope they realized that if they do a whole game altering mechanic on every map again it has to be something the player can turn off and on.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby GAS KING » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07 am

It feels like Gearbox doesn't know what they are doing with BL3.

All the haunted event gear is useless now.

I played a lot in the first couple weeks and haven't really played since. Beat TVHM. Got all the gear. now what?
Which is sad because the borderlands series is my favorite of all time.
I easily put 10x the time into BL1 and BL2.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:19 am

I got bored halfway through TVHM. It was a good game, but doesn't really do anything new that really drew me in.

I am still loving Death Stranding. It's just so fucking weird in such a great way. It can be incredibly relaxing walking around, listening to music, and collecting lost packages, but also super stressful when you have to deal with BTs. Now that I've unlocked more gear, most of the enemies are pretty easy to deal with. I've spent a couple days just focusing on rebuilding roads, which is totally worth it because it's so much easier to get around now.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:41 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:i got cursed on dark souls coz i am an idiot

this actually fucking sucks? i went to ghosty ruins towns coz that's what the internet said to do. i had a good 8k souls so i was ready to pay up however much to get de-cursed but a gang of fucking ghosts just fucking fucked me out of fucking nowhere?? and then IT HAPPENED AGAIN :cry:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:48 am

I always kinda dug RE3 more than 2, man I can't believe how this RE3make is shaping up - I can't wait.

Though the press screen shots are so much more compelling than the official trailer though
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Circuithead » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 am

Dakar 18 is kind of pretty fucking good, even though on the surface it is not that good at all.

It has everything I always wanted in a rally game, hour+ long stages, grueling difficulty, decent co-driver, great navigation, great feeling of being on your own in the middle of fuckall nowhere, covering massive distances in total focus, EXCEPT the physics are only marginally better than a self-appointed realistic N64 game. Hit a wooden signpost, stopped dead in your tracks. Decrepit wooden fence? It will destroy the car, even your 3 ton lorry. It's just sad.

Good physics in a rally game is basically all I ask, yet I didn't get that, but I still can't stop playing the damn thing.

I would recommend getting it on sale if you're into desert racing and rally. If they get the physics right in some future edition, it'll be a rocking ride. The foundation has definitely been laid for a really awesome Dakar Rally experience.
Circuithead

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:46 am

Andrew wrote:I always kinda dug RE3 more than 2

I thought I was alone. :hug:

I'm extremely happy that they're remaking 3. STAAAAAAARS! :animal:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:26 am

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion