The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:57 pm

New Metroid is GORGEOUS, you can defo run and shoot and the combat is BAD.ASS.

Something flew at me, samus bashed it with the arm cannon, it landed behind her, she turned and oneshotted it. It looks so cool when you do it.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm

I started Metro redux last night.
I cant say I'm that into it. Whats kilking it for me though is onenpassage where I just keep dying for a non apparent reason. There are no enemies and it seems like the game is posing a problem but theres no real solution.
And the on rails feel seems to kill any sense of freedom. I know its more of a story tellig exercise than a gaming experience but I'm kinda meh about those sort of things.

Does anyone have the original Cyberpunk books and would we be able to play it online with each other? Anyone keen?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Doom is coming to the Switch for the holidays ... will have to pick up a Switch soon but I have a huge backlog of wii and wii u games to go through first ... good time to be a Nintendo fan! But still no word on the new Metroid :(
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:15 am

holy fuck samus returns is really hard. i keep getting lost. ended up starting over twice. and the controls are really different than you'd expect from a metroid game. i'm still just muddling along getting my ass kicked as i get used to this weird new control scheme. at least it's better than prime 3 or other m's though. :p

oh and besides the metroid hunting feature of the metroid hatchling amiibo. the new samus returns amiibos are pretty much useless. guess that's what you get for buying into the hype, though the squishy metroid hatchling is neat. now, if you don't have them already, get yourself the smash bros. samus amiibos, those actually do more helpful things.

all in all it's fun, but i'm having a tough time getting used to it after growing up playing all the other metroid games.

on a side note, there was an entire shelf at bestbuy's in store pickup counter dedicated to the samus and metroid amiibo packs. wonder how many will be scalped and how many were bought by actual fans. i had a good laugh though.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 am

Iommic Pope wrote:I started Metro redux last night.
I cant say I'm that into it. Whats kilking it for me though is onenpassage where I just keep dying for a non apparent reason. There are no enemies and it seems like the game is posing a problem but theres no real solution.
And the on rails feel seems to kill any sense of freedom. I know its more of a story tellig exercise than a gaming experience but I'm kinda meh about those sort of things.

Does anyone have the original Cyberpunk books and would we be able to play it online with each other? Anyone keen?

Is your gasmask on/do you have filters? Cannot recommend playing this on ranger hardcore more, it makes it a lot more enjoyable.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 am

Bought Destiny 2 for PS4. Never played the first one. Wanted to see what the hype was about. Super fun so far.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 am

waltdogg wrote:holy fuck samus returns is really hard. i keep getting lost. ended up starting over twice. and the controls are really different than you'd expect from a metroid game. i'm still just muddling along getting my ass kicked as i get used to this weird new control scheme. at least it's better than prime 3 or other m's though. :p

oh and besides the metroid hunting feature of the metroid hatchling amiibo. the new samus returns amiibos are pretty much useless. guess that's what you get for buying into the hype, though the squishy metroid hatchling is neat. now, if you don't have them already, get yourself the smash bros. samus amiibos, those actually do more helpful things.

all in all it's fun, but i'm having a tough time getting used to it after growing up playing all the other metroid games.

on a side note, there was an entire shelf at bestbuy's in store pickup counter dedicated to the samus and metroid amiibo packs. wonder how many will be scalped and how many were bought by actual fans. i had a good laugh though.

Yeah it is hard, you get punished hard for not timing the melee attack correctly. I read that, as you power up, that becomes less of an issue.

It controls super fluid and nice. Perfect evolution of the Zero Mission feel. REMAKE SUPER METROID IN THIS ENGINE PLZ/THX
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:45 am

I caved in a bought a Switch for inflated prices (I paid +25%, which is the best I could find). These things are for some reason that eludes me impossible to find for regular prices anywhere (big shops have lotteries every week for the few they get, I don't have time for this). I got Zelda and Mario Kart, just played a bit of Zelda so far and it's obviously excellent.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby LOCOPELAND » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

raj007 wrote:Bought Destiny 2 for PS4. Never played the first one. Wanted to see what the hype was about. Super fun so far.

Enjoying Destiny 2, as well. I never played the expansions of the first game, just vanilla, but it's better imo than the first.
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Nintendo is supposed to be making more NES and SUPER NES Mini Classics.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Olin wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:I started Metro redux last night.

Is your gasmask on/do you have filters? Cannot recommend playing this on ranger hardcore more, it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Yeah mask went on at the start of that tunnel section. Maybe I gotta change filter, I havent really figured that out yet.
I read up that the section in question can be buggy and after numerous attempts some people had crashes, so I may have to reload and try it again.
I did like the way the game forces you to think quick and that surviving some shit is somewhat realistic as it may simply be the split second decision to run the fuck away that saves you.
You get used to FPS games making you think that annhiliating everything on screen is how to get shit done.

I thought about ranger but I opted for stealth. If this save file turns out to be bunk I might do over in ranger hardcore.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Metro is pretty rad, though its more immersive in Russian w/ English subs.

Feel like a scum bag, but I'm finally trying PUBG. First match got to about #30 with 4 kills then about #50ish with nothing. Its a lot of fun, but I can see it getting a bit boring after 10 hours. I'm glad that Stealth is pretty much necessary
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Ranger hardcore is 100% the best way to play it if you want to do it stealthily. Disables every single bit of the HUD and stops enemies being bullet sponges so you can actually kill things quietly.

Also agree with playing with the language in Russian, helps with the fear.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

oscillateur wrote:I caved in a bought a Switch for inflated prices (I paid +25%, which is the best I could find). These things are for some reason that eludes me impossible to find for regular prices anywhere (big shops have lotteries every week for the few they get, I don't have time for this). I got Zelda and Mario Kart, just played a bit of Zelda so far and it's obviously excellent.

Do yourself a favor and get Splatoon 2. Seriously one of my favorite games ever
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:50 pm

neonblack wrote:
oscillateur wrote:I caved in a bought a Switch for inflated prices (I paid +25%, which is the best I could find). These things are for some reason that eludes me impossible to find for regular prices anywhere (big shops have lotteries every week for the few they get, I don't have time for this). I got Zelda and Mario Kart, just played a bit of Zelda so far and it's obviously excellent.

Do yourself a favor and get Splatoon 2. Seriously one of my favorite games ever

I don't have that much time for multiplayer games... But yeah, I might get it at some point even if it's mostly for work (depending on my next project).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion