The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 am

Crypto miners are fucking retarded.
I sold a video card on the weekend to some toothless speed dealer on Gumtree who was "getting into mining".
With 2GB Nvidia 670.
Good luck mate. You'll make your money back by the year 4000. If you can beat Australian power prices and the looming Chinese 50% market boss of doom.
Meanwhile, I can't buy a replacement upgrade, so I might be without a PC for while (as my CPU doesn't do onboard graphics).
SO, FEEL GOOD ABOUT ENABLING HUMAN SLAVE TRADERS AND ENDING THE WORLD THROUGH SENSELESS POWER CONSUMPTION, YOU FUCKING BRAINLESS TWATS. WAY TO UPSET THE POWER STRUCTURE.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am

vidret wrote:
reckon luck wrote:Speaking of 'someone doing it right', there are rumors of Valve developing a battle-royale mode for CSGO. Could be a big deal.

Finally.

It irks me that the idea has been around for ages and no one has done it right yet, I thought PUBG was it, and it might become the one, but it’s not it right now.

It would be if they fixed the cheating. Getting everything else right after would make it more polished, but good god. Tried playing one game last night and got killed in minutes by a guy very obviously dual-boxing two characters with a ton of cheats. Whatever. Tried playing Fortnite after and not into it at all. Hopefully this CSGO rumor is true because I'm getting really tired of Bluehole's inability to get this right.

It's insane, any other game would be dead in the ground by now but PUBG has the magic formula that has kept it super popular even after they fuck almost everything up. In December they banned like 6% of their total accounts for hacking. 6 fucking percent.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:29 am

The Switch Lobo thing could be cool, but it seems like waaay too much money for something that's going to take up so much space get in everyone's way after they use it once. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:35 am

They are releasing the plans, so you can make your own out of your spare pedal boxes.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 am

Nah it's cool, obviously it's for kids and young families. Seeing adults legitimately complain about it is kinda funny.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:18 am

I downloaded Fishing Planet from the PSN Store tonight. I'm beginning to feel that the $300 I sank into the PS4 a couple years ago could've been put to better use elsewhere.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 am

R6: Siege has finally clicked after like 15-18 hours and is now enjoyable. Averaging 2nd place on team results rather than dead last now. :lol:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am

Andrew wrote:R6: Siege has finally clicked after like 15-18 hours and is now enjoyable. Averaging 2nd place on team results rather than dead last now. :lol:

Just needed experience or do you have any tips? :thumb:
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday... Only played through a bit of it, but it feels a lot like a more strategic Far Cry Primal... Not that there is anything wrong with that for me. Far Cry has been consistently fun to pick up and play whenever I get time. Hoping it doesn't get super repetitive quickly..
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby reckon luck » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Turok 2 hardcore mode is the most fun I've had in a while. Completely changes the feel of the game when you can't tank damage and have to go for headshots.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 pm

calfzilla wrote:Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday... Only played through a bit of it, but it feels a lot like a more strategic Far Cry Primal... Not that there is anything wrong with that for me. Far Cry has been consistently fun to pick up and play whenever I get time. Hoping it doesn't get super repetitive quickly..

Horizon Zero Dawn does feel very similar to Far Cry. I never found it to be too repetitive, but I also haven't felt like going back to it at all either. I'm tempted to grab the DLC for it and give it another shot thought
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Decided to give Prey another run through to see if it's as good as it seemed when it came out.
It's even better on the second playthrough and I couldn't have thought up a better System Shock successor if I tried.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 pm

I picked up a Switch and am really enjoying it. The build quality is great. When will Rogue Squadron Wii (IV) coming out?

The graphics are shockingly good for a game that was supposed to be ported for the Wii.
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:21 am

MrNovember wrote:
calfzilla wrote:Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday... Only played through a bit of it, but it feels a lot like a more strategic Far Cry Primal... Not that there is anything wrong with that for me. Far Cry has been consistently fun to pick up and play whenever I get time. Hoping it doesn't get super repetitive quickly..

Horizon Zero Dawn does feel very similar to Far Cry. I never found it to be too repetitive, but I also haven't felt like going back to it at all either. I'm tempted to grab the DLC for it and give it another shot thought

I should probably do that with Fallout 4. Part of me wants to wait 2 years to pick up any Fallout game in hopes they've added an "operation anchorage" style DLC that gives you the most ridiculous set of armor possible at level 7
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 pm

I just finished Wolfesntein:TNO and man, how did they turn the MechaHitler game into one of those genuinely good this-is-why-we-should-take-videogames-seriously games?
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion