The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 am

Fallout 1 is the best.
Also, that tower is totes normcore.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am

Old PC cases is rad.

I'm thinking that my next PC is going to be a tiny micro ITX build though. Don't see the need to have a super beefy 4K/Ultra Wide 1440k rig plus small PC are hella cute.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:51 am

Andrew wrote:Old PC cases is rad.

I'm thinking that my next PC is going to be a tiny micro ITX build though. Don't see the need to have a super beefy 4K/Ultra Wide 1440k rig plus small PC are hella cute.

Select the case and cooling gear carefully then, because a small PC is only cute when it's not noisy as fuck :).

Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby imJonWain » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 am

yeah I will do a smaller build when I build my next PC... Probably no more full atx again. This case incidentally was only a a tiny bit bigger than the smallest case with full atx support I could find and was so much smaller than my midtower I had already. It's definitely louder but I went with a Scythe big shirken PC cooler and it's quiet n cool now. The Power supply actually sits alongside and parallel the motherboard which is different.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

oscillateur wrote:Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).

I pre-ordered and was never unhappy with it. Only played a few hours every few weeks since launch (36 hours total).
People are saying this is how the game should have released 1 year ago.

Wiped my normal mode save.
Played it a couple hours last night.
The game runs better and looks better.
Haven't gotten too far yet, but it seems better, more interesting, less confusing.........sounds like there's more "end game" to play too.
I haven't tried building a base or anything like that (I messed with it in creative mode for an hour). portals or whatever else was added yet.
A lot to explore.
Going to give it 3-4 hours tonight. I will probably start over again. :idk:
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby bloatedsack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 am

imJonWain wrote:I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg

Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg

I remember assembling whiteboxes at work for cheap hosting servers and using this exact same case with those distinctive LED wedges. That had to be about 1999 or so?

I've flogged it before, and I'll do it again: If you like the original isometric Fallouts then you should try Wasteland 2, which is the true sequel to the original game that inspired Fallout.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

GAS KING wrote:
oscillateur wrote:Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).

I pre-ordered and was never unhappy with it. Only played a few hours every few weeks since launch (36 hours total).
People are saying this is how the game should have released 1 year ago.

Wiped my normal mode save.
Played it a couple hours last night.
The game runs better and looks better.
Haven't gotten too far yet, but it seems better, more interesting, less confusing.........sounds like there's more "end game" to play too.
I haven't tried building a base or anything like that (I messed with it in creative mode for an hour). portals or whatever else was added yet.
A lot to explore.
Going to give it 3-4 hours tonight. I will probably start over again. :idk:

This is exciting. I'm in the same boat; pre-ordered, put about 36 hours in, and was never unhappy with it. But I haven't played in months. I'll have to check out the updates
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby imJonWain » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 pm

bloatedsack wrote:
imJonWain wrote:I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg

Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg

I remember assembling whiteboxes at work for cheap hosting servers and using this exact same case with those distinctive LED wedges. That had to be about 1999 or so?

I've flogged it before, and I'll do it again: If you like the original isometric Fallouts then you should try Wasteland 2, which is the true sequel to the original game that inspired Fallout.

Yeah I really liked Wasteland 2, the only problem I had with it was the same issue I had with Underrail. I felt like it Lost steam towards the end a bit.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

So, I want to play Age of Empires and Dawn of War again but I don't really want to do it on a PC because PC gaming makes me sad these days (because my PC is old and cranky). I have seen that they make a "Steam Machine" that seems like it would act like a console but play PC games, has anyone come across one in the wild? Is this the answer to my dreams?
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Mate if my very average PC in 1999 could run Age of Empires, how can yours not? I also can't understand playing any RTS without a keyboard and mouse.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 pm

^srtaight up.
But those games were fucking rad and now I want to play them again, too.
Is there a modern version of Age of mythology?
That was tits.
Also, what are the new Warhammer RTS ones like?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Observer came out today and I'm pretty tempted. Strong Blade Runner vibes and Rutger Hauer even voices the protagonist!
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Olin wrote:Observer came out today and I'm pretty tempted. Strong Blade Runner vibes and Rutger Hauer even voices the protagonist!

Well that looks really cool. Definitely interested in that game
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dapper Bandit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 am

My PC probably could do it but I want to keep it just as my recording machine to avoid temptation. There has been many occasions where working on a track has gone out the window because I end up browsing bullshit instead. Also I have zero patience for having to do anything to the PC, I remember trying to change a graphics card about 15 years ago and nearly having a heart attack it stressed me out so much.

I haven't played past the first Dawn of War but a friend played DoW2 through and enjoyed it although it did seem to shift towards a more squad-based campaign mode. Like X-COM but with Ultramarines.

I don't think they ever did a sequel to Age of Mythology but there was a game called Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends that was a kind of steampunk/fantasy RTS that was actually pretty decent, I would recommend that over AoM, honestly
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Sonic Mania is the shit.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion