The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am

Finally playing Dragon Age Inquisition, spent a looot of time on it over the weekend and I'm having a great time. Fun game!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:38 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Finally playing Dragon Age Inquisition, spent a looot of time on it over the weekend and I'm having a great time. Fun game!

Awesome! Been thinking about it myself but just don't know if I have it in me anymore to commit to those kind of big/long games. That and I'm scared that I'll actually want to do nothing else until I've finished it... Also have a number of old classic RPG's I still haven't given the time they deserve..

On another note I started playing Submerged last night. Initially I loved it. The music and the look of it, beautiful! Like how's it's sort of a "flowing" game too, similar, but even less challenging in a lot of ways than The Last Guardian for example, which I really enjoyed for what it was. So far managed to collect 6 out of 10 "treasures" and about a third of the secrets (although I've already kinda figured out the city's story), but kinda feel it's getting too repetitive. If it's as short as I think it is I'll probably finish it tonight.

Got the new Life Is Strange waiting for me too, but don't think we (played the first one with my gf and will do the same with Before The Storm) will actually play it until all episodes are out. Don't wanna finish one episode and then have to sit and wait for the next. Might do the "Farewell" chapter if we get too impatient though..
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby GAS KING » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:35 am

My problem with those big RPG games, is if I only play Fri/Sat......I forget what I was doing by the next time I play.

I've tried to like the witcher 3, but just can't seem to get into it......nor understand how to play it / keep track of it.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 am

GAS KING wrote:My problem with those big RPG games, is if I only play Fri/Sat......I forget what I was doing by the next time I play.

This is why I've never finished Earthbound (an incredibly tedious game, for all its charm), FF7, FF3 on the PSP, the first Dragon Age or any long RPG. I'll be in the middle of tediously grinding for one thing or another, get burned out, get into a more immediately rewarding game, forget what I was doing in the RPG. Never touch it again.

I got a mini SNES and, while I was all ready to jump into FF3/6 for the first time, I got caught up reliving Zelda and Mario too much.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am

I am on the other end of the spectrum where I play super long games, Bioware, Bethesda, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc. and keep looking at all these other games I am not playing but have in my library like "sorry I gotta playthrough Dragon Age Inquisition for the fifth time because I still haven't romanced Dorian." Luckily my girlfriend plays Inquisition so I could watch some of the scenes I didn't get in certain playthroughs. We will legit have hour long conversations (or arguments) about the game's characters/stories/lore.

Anyways, right now I am playing Yakuza 0. This game is legitttt, funny af, and takes me back to being a kid with nothing better to do than play PS2 and skateboard. I LOVE IT. Sometimes before work in the morning I boot it up just to play one of the many mini-games. Right now I am addicted to Texas Hold Em... I think my Majima is going to abandom the gangster lifestyle and become a world champion in Poker.

GAS KING wrote:I've tried to like the witcher 3, but just can't seem to get into it......nor understand how to play it / keep track of it.

Dude same. I really want to get into it because it seems deep and visually beautiful, but I just cant.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Picking up cuphead next payday. Already bought the soundtrack, shit is so dope. Love frantic sounding big band jazz.

Metroid: Samus Returns is hard. This is a good thing. A very good thing.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Reworking my way through Cuphead on expert; GOTY right here. Also slowly doing the MCC campaigns, and playing some Guardian Heroes and shmups here and there.

Man, this Xbone was so worth it.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:42 pm

if you haven't fullfilled Dropsy's destiny yet you are nothing. leave.

just kidding. old news i suppose but it's a classic imo

http://dropsytheclown.com/
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
GAS KING wrote:My problem with those big RPG games, is if I only play Fri/Sat......I forget what I was doing by the next time I play.

This is why I've never finished Earthbound (an incredibly tedious game, for all its charm), FF7, FF3 on the PSP, the first Dragon Age or any long RPG. I'll be in the middle of tediously grinding for one thing or another, get burned out, get into a more immediately rewarding game, forget what I was doing in the RPG. Never touch it again.

I got a mini SNES and, while I was all ready to jump into FF3/6 for the first time, I got caught up reliving Zelda and Mario too much.

Ah, "the eternal break", happens a lot to me too. Done it I don't know how many times with FFIX after getting to the final disc and don't it every re-run I've tried with FFVII. Although it's a short game, I'm there with the original Resident Evil, after getting it a few years back. Have finished RE2 once when I was young, and have got RE3:Nemesis waiting on the shelf for me but haven't even started that..

In other news, I finished Submerged today. I got a little repetitive, as I mentioned before, but was ok for what it was. Managed to collect all secrets and creatures at least. Couldn't be bothered about the boat upgrades.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am

So, Telltale put the newly murdered Russian ambassador in their Batman game. Pretty classy move.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

That's a really astoundingly bizarre choice for them to make. It's not even edgy, I'm really not sure why they thought it might have been a good idea.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 pm

There's a small chance they didn't put any thought into it at all. The artist could've just image searched 'dead body' and grabbed the first thing they saw.

Still really stupid.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Yep. No doubt they just grabbed one off getty and thought it was a staged photoshoot or something.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Thinking of selling my PS4 and getting a Slim, I hate the crazy noise mine makes.

Was thinking of a Pro but 30 fps doesn't bother me on consoles and the Slim is a bit cheaper and still quieter than the OG.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 pm

It's 2017.
Everything should be small and quiet.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion