The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm

imagine if they'd stuck with this voice for princess daisy

also daisy - according to these lyrics - really wants/wanted to get jiggy with mario
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 am

Fallen hard for R6 Siege again.

Living dat Dokkaebi lifestyle
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Crash Bandicoot hype is through the roof, I'm taking Friday off work for my birthday so I'll be binge playing that.
Also NES Classic restock is the same day, so hopefully I'll be copping one of those.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Finished Doom 2016. Such a good time. Can't wait for Eternal now!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:01 am

baremountain wrote:Crash Bandicoot hype is through the roof, I'm taking Friday off work for my birthday so I'll be binge playing that.
Also NES Classic restock is the same day, so hopefully I'll be copping one of those.

I hope you have good patience or sharp platforming skills... That game is a lot harder than I remember it being.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm

calfzilla wrote:
baremountain wrote:Crash Bandicoot hype is through the roof, I'm taking Friday off work for my birthday so I'll be binge playing that.

I hope you have good patience or sharp platforming skills... That game is a lot harder than I remember it being.

GF and I grinded our way to 100%ing the trilogy remake when it came out. So much fun, but equally frustrating. :mad: :!!!:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 am

Finally picked up a couple things on Steam. Battletech (I used to play the tabletop game and nostalgia is real), slay the spire, and company of heroes 2
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm balls deep in Mario Galaxy on Wii.. my son loves it so we play it together but he's a little too young to rock the 3D environments so he just sits next to me and cheers. It's still awesome AF. We got Galaxy 2 up next ...
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:37 pm

I started Pokemon Quest on mobile and holy fuck why didn't they release this sooner?? My nostalgia boner could beat Elon Musk to Mars at this point.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Picked up Dragon's Dogma and did not expect the difficulty. Enjoying it, though.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
calfzilla wrote:

GF and I grinded our way to 100%ing the trilogy remake when it came out. So much fun, but equally frustrating. :mad: :!!!:

Played through Crash 2 over the weekend (only focusing on regular crystals, still have to do all boxes gems & time trials) and it was hella unforgiving. The rage all came back to me, and I remember why I used to throw my controllers across the room as a kid :lol:
Feels good to be playing these titles again though. I'm probably gonna go back and do Crash 1 next, then Time Warp since Time Warp is the one I'm most looking forward to reliving. Just getting through the stages should take me a couple weeks, then 100%ing can be relegated to a passion play over time.
Also muh gf preordered Octopath Traveler for my birthday after I played & enjoyed the demo so I honestly should be pretty set for a while with a stacked backlog :yay:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby worra » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I played enter the gungeon for 2.5 hours straight yesterday and still can't get past level 2.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 pm

foomanfat wrote:Picked up Dragon's Dogma and did not expect the difficulty. Enjoying it, though.

I think I've said it here before, but DD is one of the most fun games ever once it really gets going.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:12 am

Picked up both Wolfenstein New Order and New Colossus for $40 on PS4, played NO when it came out and dug it. Replaying it now and it's still freaking great, story character and cover-leaning gunplay. I definitely prefer it to DOOM :idk:

Did see Doom for pretty cheap, might pick it up for PS4 and might enjoy it more on console?

EDIT:
Smashed through NO. New Colossus gets batshit, took me some time but i'm loving the hell out of it

EDIT 2:
Finished New Colossus, was okay. They fucked the Stealth system hard. :poke:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby _themissingshade_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Andrew wrote:Picked up both Wolfenstein New Order and New Colossus for $40 on PS4, played NO when it came out and dug it. Replaying it now and it's still freaking great, story character and cover-leaning gunplay. I definitely prefer it to DOOM :idk:

Did see Doom for pretty cheap, might pick it up for PS4 and might enjoy it more on console?

EDIT:
Smashed through NO. New Colossus gets batshit, took me some time but i'm loving the hell out of it

EDIT 2:
Finished New Colossus, was okay. They fucked the Stealth system hard. :poke:

I really wanted to like Wolfenstein (New Order), and I assumed I would based on its glowing praise. But damn did I walk away disappointed from it. :( I seem to be the only one who felt environments were bland, the gameplay tedious (the AI is pretty bad), and the story/characters mostly forgettable (this isn't an issue in Doom because the story isn't doing much work to carry the game). The first red flag for me was trying to make the player stress out over a dilemma involving characters you barely know. Fable 3 tried this too and it also had the emotional impact of a wet tissue. According to friends, I took the "less interesting" path with respect to that initial dilemma. IMO, it's not great design if your game has a less interesting path. With all this said, I also thought MGS V was horrible, so... :idk:
_themissingshade_

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion