The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Thu May 31, 2018 3:10 am

Don't give a shit about the new Fallout but Pokemon on Switch looks tight AF. Though, both Fallout and Pokemon are the types of franchises that I will buy every time but only play until I get my fill 8-9 hours worth
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 am

It's weird.

Never played Pokemon in my life prior to owning a 3DS 2 years ago. Played X and Alpha.....about 50% each then got bored.
No interest in GO.

Yet I will 100% buy this new Pokemon game on release. wtf?
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu May 31, 2018 10:21 am

Aghartha wrote:Hi UC

Lets land at Tilted Towers

I swear, every time I play with randoms (which is rare), they all want to go there but none of them are good enough to get out alive. I don't get it. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Aghartha wrote:Hi UC

Lets land at Tilted Towers

I swear, every time I play with randoms (which is rare), they all want to go there but none of them are good enough to get out alive. I don't get it. :lol:

Not my pick either. It's ok for quick loot and instant action, but it's also easy to get steamrolled and end up back in a lobby 45 seconds later.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Thu May 31, 2018 11:56 am

I just played through Ratchet and Clank that I got free with PSPlus a few months ago. It was a surprisingly fun game.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby calfzilla » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 am

MrNovember wrote:I just played through Ratchet and Clank that I got free with PSPlus a few months ago. It was a surprisingly fun game.

good "old guard" game, like jak and daxter. Kind of excited for the spyro remakes to be honest... even though the crash bandicoot remakes were waaaayyyy harder than I remember. Platformer skills are rusty AF.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:30 pm

MrNovember wrote:I just played through Ratchet and Clank that I got free with PSPlus a few months ago. It was a surprisingly fun game.

The kiddo and I have been playing through the Ratchet and Clank game. It is surprisingly fun.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:05 am

After several attempts at every title in the series, I just can't enjoy playing anything in the Souls/Borne franchise. Watching them is fella fun, but i'd rather headbutt broken glass than play them.

My internet has been terrible so I can't play anything online, going to give Nier: Automata another shot. Lost my save file when I upgraded to a PS4 Pro 8 months ago
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 am

Andrew wrote:After several attempts at every title in the series, I just can't enjoy playing anything in the Souls/Borne franchise. Watching them is fella fun, but i'd rather headbutt broken glass than play them.

I had the same experience with the first Dark Souls and thought I had the same experience with Bloodborne. Played them for a few days > rage quit. Then I had a friend over who wanted to try Bloodborne. This was maybe a month after I got it. Finally clicked with the strategy and controls and ended up having one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever over the next few weeks.

Tldr: Grab a buddy. Make each other git gud.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Popped Super Mario Odyssey in the Switch last night at like 11. Wasn't really feeling it at first. Put it down 4 hours later. Have almost 80 moons now this morning. :lol:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 pm

It's a great 7/10 game, for sure.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

I thought SMO was probably the best Mario since Sunshine (which I will defend to the very end as being far, far better than either Galaxy). Mario Land 3d was cool but I never played 3d world on the wiiu much.

i got Ikaruga n the switch and man, it's REALLY flippin hard. Even with continues on, I find myself dying a LOT
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 3205 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:49 pm

I play a lot of shmups. I'm not that great, but I generally know what I'm doing. Ikaruga is one of my favorite games. I think my best clear is like 5 continues. :picard:
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Was feeling like playing some crazy, run-and-gun mayham, so I bought Doom. Unfortunately, I can't play it for a long time because the files are so huge :mad:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Achtane » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:17 pm

I got Ikaruga on Gamecube for one Christmas and got my ass beat on the first level several times.
My dad, whose gaming expertise ends at Kung Fu on NES, got to the third boss without continuing. What the hell.

I wanna play Doom too! And the new Forza! My PC is like 5 years old and I'm sure that's too ancient to even run them now. Plus I'm still on Windows 7. Bleh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion