The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Halo Reach for PC's up for preorder on Steam and I'm fucking ready for it, man.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 am

Finished Death Stranding last night. Holy fuck, it gets almost Evangelion by the end. Shits right up my alley.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:40 am

I'm starting to feel the shallowness of Outer Worlds. Every planet and all the missions are essentially the same. Every time you go back to your ship you get one of like 5 interactions with your crew. The choices at the start felt pretty significant, but the further into the game I've gotten, they don't really feel that way anymore.

I'm also annoyed with the last mission. The whole game has been very open to completing tasks in different ways, until the last mission where my only option is to fight a ridiculously overpowered enemy or have max lockpick and max hack skills. Well, I focused all game on persuasion and sneaking, neither of which can be used in this fight.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 am

Shenmue 3 in two days. I've waited 18 years to avenge my fictional father's death. It stall be glorious.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Any Nintendo Switch players on here?
Been thinking about getting one, mainly cause of the Mario games and Breath of the Wild. My gf grew up with a NES so another reason is we might play more together. I've never owned a nintendo product in my life. But also, I'm really curious of Breath Of The Wild, though I've never really played a Zelda game before. So, sell me on the Switch, or don't!
Pros?
Cons? (except it being expensive, obviously...)

I'm a fairly casual PS4 player, in case that matters..
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby mr. sound boy king » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:41 am

PanicProne wrote:Any Nintendo Switch players on here?
Been thinking about getting one, mainly cause of the Mario games and Breath of the Wild. My gf grew up with a NES so another reason is we might play more together. I've never owned a nintendo product in my life. But also, I'm really curious of Breath Of The Wild, though I've never really played a Zelda game before. So, sell me on the Switch, or don't!
Pros?
Cons? (except it being expensive, obviously...)

I'm a fairly casual PS4 player, in case that matters..

I recently bought a Switch Lite.

Pros; portable. Plays Switch games. There are a ton of awesome games.
Cons; doesn't connect to TV. Probably doesn't work with some Switch games which require use of two controllers.

My significant other also nabbed a Switch Lite to play Mario Odyssey. For that purpose, it rules.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:33 pm

I really dig my Switch, although I haven't played it in awhile due to all the games coming out recently that I am playing on PS4. Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros are both great. Also played a few indie games that were quite a bit of fun.

Finished my first playthrough of Outer Worlds. I was a little tired of the whole thing near the end and found the ending rather unsatisfying/anticlimactic. That being said, I actually started a new character right away because I wanted to try a dumb/super strong character. The melee combat is actually really satisfying when you're ridiculously strong. I also want to try turning Phineas in to see where that goes.

I think I need to take a bit of a break from Outer Worlds before going any further though so I'm probably starting Death Stranding soon.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Y'all. It's real. A new Half-Life game. :yay:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:43 am

Not terribly interested in vr and it's been too long for me to care at all about half life . But I had some great times playing the old games. HL2 in particular blew my mind when it came out
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 pm

I'm hoping this means that Steam will at least do something besides cosmetic items in the future
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby 3205 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 pm

If it's VR exclusive then I'm excluded. If it's not VR exclusive, then I'm probably still excluded because fast moving/bobbing FPS games give me motion sickness in my middle-age.

In other news, I am mildly interested in Path of Exile mobile.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:13 am

MrNovember wrote:I'm starting to feel the shallowness of Outer Worlds. Every planet and all the missions are essentially the same. Every time you go back to your ship you get one of like 5 interactions with your crew. The choices at the start felt pretty significant, but the further into the game I've gotten, they don't really feel that way anymore.

I'm also annoyed with the last mission. The whole game has been very open to completing tasks in different ways, until the last mission where my only option is to fight a ridiculously overpowered enemy or have max lockpick and max hack skills. Well, I focused all game on persuasion and sneaking, neither of which can be used in this fight.

The shallowness catches up eventually and I found that it was hindsight that made me especially critical of a lot of it just not being what it promised to be.

In other news, Fallen Order is pretty cool. I've liked everything Respawn have done except Apex Legends (just don't enjoy battle royale) and am a yuge Soulsborne stan, so everything in is is pretty cool. The lightsaber customisation made me laugh like an infant at how cool it is.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Olin wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I'm starting to feel the shallowness of Outer Worlds. Every planet and all the missions are essentially the same. Every time you go back to your ship you get one of like 5 interactions with your crew. The choices at the start felt pretty significant, but the further into the game I've gotten, they don't really feel that way anymore.

The shallowness catches up eventually and I found that it was hindsight that made me especially critical of a lot of it just not being what it promised to be.

In other news, Fallen Order is pretty cool. I've liked everything Respawn have done except Apex Legends (just don't enjoy battle royale) and am a yuge Soulsborne stan, so everything in is is pretty cool. The lightsaber customisation made me laugh like an infant at how cool it is.

Haven't seen anyone discussing the customization bit before. What's cool about it?
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:47 pm

The lightsaber is modular with five or six segments which each have like 20 different options. Each option is a collectable you get from exploring. Similar feel to KoTOR 2's lightsaber building.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 pm

i really want to get into Dark Souls coz i think it could be My Kinda Thing but i am sick of grinding away in the Burg coz i can't beat the taurus, and he's miles away from a bonfire so even THAT bit is a slog. slog slog slog. it's like a SNES game in how much pure slogginess it has.

i know everyone is talking about new games coz it's new games season but i will not be getting anything new before christmas! hence, i can only talk about old as shit games!!!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion