“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 am

JereFuzz wrote:Sniper Elite 3 on Switch is fun when you can find online players

Does sniper elite go super hardcore on the sniping aspect? I remember playing a game for... PS2, I think(?), where you could have it play like a "normal" FPS or you could change options piece-meal to account for wind speed, direction, etc. to make it more realistic.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:49 pm

So, I was able to get Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate for a good price. I was hesitant to buy it because I had the one for the Wii and the 3DS and, while fun, they didn't really offer anything outside of something to do with friends... I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of time they put into the adventure mode. Most of the battles are fairly straight forward, but there are some fun/tricky battles that require either luck to get through or some hilarious cheesing. I had spent a decent amount of time going through the map and unlocking/beating everything I could (there were some battles I just couldn't do), and I beat the boss and was a little sad.... But that just popped me into a new map with a completely different theme and more toons to unlock. Not sure if this is the only other map or if there's more ahead, but at least I won't be getting bored of single player any time soon.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:13 pm

So I managed to get Death Stranding to 100% complete (first game I have ever been able to do this), but I regret that I didn't have a treadmill controller:

I also started playing Control, which is amazing! I read a review that called it a combination of Twin Peaks, Annihilation, and SCP fiction, which is a very accurate description. I am loving it.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 pm

The owner bought a lot of consoles and controllers from a local game store that closed (most are gnarly af, dude smoked in his shop and didn't clean at all so caked on dust and mold actually growing on some of them) so I'm cleaning and testing them. I had to "test" a gamecube with Timesplitters 2 for 3 hours in multiplayer against my manager.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:21 pm

TraceItalian wrote:The owner bought a lot of consoles and controllers from a local game store that closed (most are gnarly af, dude smoked in his shop and didn't clean at all so caked on dust and mold actually growing on some of them) so I'm cleaning and testing them. I had to "test" a gamecube with Timesplitters 2 for 3 hours in multiplayer against my manager.

Some of those GC titles can fetch some decent prices. Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia come to mind off the bat. Plus they are fun as hell!
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:14 pm

calfzilla wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:The owner bought a lot of consoles and controllers from a local game store that closed (most are gnarly af, dude smoked in his shop and didn't clean at all so caked on dust and mold actually growing on some of them) so I'm cleaning and testing them. I had to "test" a gamecube with Timesplitters 2 for 3 hours in multiplayer against my manager.

Some of those GC titles can fetch some decent prices. Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia come to mind off the bat. Plus they are fun as hell!

I check all of them as they come in, but holy christ I regret throwing out some games. I gor a copy of Stubbs the Zombie for $5 out of a bargain bin a few years ago, sells for $55-$60 now
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 am

TraceItalian wrote:
calfzilla wrote:

I check all of them as they come in, but holy christ I regret throwing out some games. I gor a copy of Stubbs the Zombie for $5 out of a bargain bin a few years ago, sells for $55-$60 now

Seriously??? Man, I pre-ordered that game. Loved it. They didn't really build or grow the Halo system but they made enough tweaks for it to be fun and it was a great concept. That's definitely one of my favorite games from the original Xbox.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm

I finally bought Wreckfest and I never thought smashing the hell out of a mad max'd 70's Nissan Skyline could be so fun. My juvenile compulsion to smash every car in Grand Theft Auto to see how the panels get mangled is relentlessly satiated by the bent piece of scrap metal these imaginary derby cars turn into. I forgot to check if it's split screen multiplayer, but this is my ultimate split screen car game.

Thats it, I just needed to get that out, I love this game.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby worra » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 pm

I picked up Control last week and oh man, how did this game fly under my radar last year?

The vibe is great, like house of leaves meets half-life, combat is reasonably challenging as you get further into the game, and the pacing is excellent.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:I finally bought Wreckfest and I never thought smashing the hell out of a mad max'd 70's Nissan Skyline could be so fun. My juvenile compulsion to smash every car in Grand Theft Auto to see how the panels get mangled is relentlessly satiated by the bent piece of scrap metal these imaginary derby cars turn into. I forgot to check if it's split screen multiplayer, but this is my ultimate split screen car game.

Thanks for posting... That looks like an absolute blast. I can relive one of my college experiences with the lawnmower mode.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:43 pm

worra wrote:I picked up Control last week and oh man, how did this game fly under my radar last year?

The vibe is great, like house of leaves meets half-life, combat is reasonably challenging as you get further into the game, and the pacing is excellent.

I just beat Control last weekend. It was a great game; I loved the story, setting, and all the background! The combat is pretty fun and satisfying, but it does get a little stale after awhile.

calfzilla wrote:
Ghost Hip wrote:I finally bought Wreckfest and I never thought smashing the hell out of a mad max'd 70's Nissan Skyline could be so fun. My juvenile compulsion to smash every car in Grand Theft Auto to see how the panels get mangled is relentlessly satiated by the bent piece of scrap metal these imaginary derby cars turn into. I forgot to check if it's split screen multiplayer, but this is my ultimate split screen car game.

Thanks for posting... That looks like an absolute blast. I can relive one of my college experiences with the lawnmower mode.

This looks amazing! I am definitely interested
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Yeah, Wreckfest is awesome! I am loving this game so much
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby ck3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:23 pm

My janky Gamestop Steel Series PS1 USB controller from eons ago is now compatible with Retroarch when using a Chromebook, so I got back into tinkering with various NES, SNES, and Genesis RPGs yesterday. It's nifty to have the capacity to replay 8-bit NES favorites and experience content from other classic consoles, some of which was Japan-only back in the day.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:30 pm

I logged 50 hours into The Phantom Pain but now I'm pretty burned out on it. Great game even if the story feels...not put together like the other MGS games.

Been playing Forza Horizon 4 and Monster Hunter World but I'm playing using a TV and the text is unreadable in MHW. I need a desk and monitor. Also, I can't bring myself to care about the story at all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion