The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:10 am

holy butts Hades is fun.

i love Dead Cells, but it does sort of lock you into picking one weapon to do the whole save file with. it's part of the whole structure, but the way it's set up with the random pool of weapons/skills/traps, unlocking and trying things ruins any chance of a good loadout.

Hades is a deeper story/character rogue like with 5 (6?) main weapons, tons of upgrades to chase for so many aspects of your character, but doesn't ding you (actually incentivizes) for trying out different weapons for different playstyles.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:47 am

Both Dead Cells and Hades look cool, but I don't think I want to deal with that whole roguelike/lite/whatever thing.

I am having a lot of fun with Hollow Knight, though. Very involving exploration!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 am

loved Hollow Knight; havin' a lot of fun with Hades....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:22 pm

I bought Cloudpunk when it came out on the Switch. I was absolutely loving it. Probably put a good 5-6 hours into it. Then I hit a game breaking bug. Literally nothing I can do but start over. I could probably get back to where I was in less time, but I am so fucking frustrated right now
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby 01010111 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:47 am

MrNovember wrote:I bought Cloudpunk when it came out on the Switch. I was absolutely loving it. Probably put a good 5-6 hours into it. Then I hit a game breaking bug. Literally nothing I can do but start over. I could probably get back to where I was in less time, but I am so fucking frustrated right now

That’s the worst! Unless I really like the game, I just give up on it until I’ve forgotten about the game. It’s normally slightly easier when I restart it, and I usually remember how to avoid what got me stuck the first time.

Something similar happened when I was playing one of the Famicom Fire Emblems. In one of the missions you’re supposed to get a certain sword, or later on you won’t be able to damage the end boss. So, I got to that boss and kept getting wrecked. When I eventually looked up a walk through and found that out, I stopped playing the game.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 pm

sux
is it a design dead-end or a tech bug?
i know Nintendo rolls out some patches, but probs not at the rate of computer software developers.

i'm also in the camp of "need time off" when i have walkers myself into a deadend (sometimes for years (and counting ( :lol: )))
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Dandolin wrote:sux
is it a design dead-end or a tech bug?
i know Nintendo rolls out some patches, but probs not at the rate of computer software developers.

i'm also in the camp of "need time off" when i have walkers myself into a deadend (sometimes for years (and counting ( :lol: )))

A bit of both really, but probably a bit more of a tech bug. I reached the end of a quest where interacting with an object would have loaded a cutscene and taken me out of a specific area. Then the game crashed. But the save point was apparently after the interaction and before the cutscene. So now I am stuck in a specific area and there's nothing I can interact with/no way to leave. Also, there is no manual saving or loading, so can't even load a previous save.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:52 pm

MrNovember wrote:Also, there is no manual saving or loading, so can't even load a previous save.

:picard:
Why the fuck do developers design games like this?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:02 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Also, there is no manual saving or loading, so can't even load a previous save.

:picard:
Why the fuck do developers design games like this?

I have no idea, but it is insanely frustrating :mad:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 pm

arrgh that's horrid - shame, I'd heard good things about it....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Dandolin wrote:arrgh that's horrid - shame, I'd heard good things about it....

I'm hoping they'll fix it soon. I saw somewhere that they are going to be patching several "stuck points" in the next patch. I'm hoping that comes soon and let's me continue with the game
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 pm

damn straight :mad: nintendo zoned
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Been doing Rocket League tournaments lately. A little more fun than grinding competitive.

Destiny 2 Beyond Light is today.
Going to give it a shot. I've played Destiny since 1 so I feel obligated to stick with it. lol

Hopefully enough to hold me over until Cyberpunk releases.

That said, Borderlands 3 new content......I'm not doing it. 1 new skill tree and a survival mode as a DLC? meh.
Also, future director's cut of the vanilla game? you mean, providing a coherent and not jumbled story campaign that should have been in the game at launch? pass.
I don't think I could slog through the campaign again. I wasn't a fan of BL3 in the first place.
This is the first borderlands content that I'm not going to play. :(

I'm interested in Outriders in Feb. but unsure. Looter type game, which is my genre, but it looks a little generic. At least it doesn't look like another Anthem situation.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 am

Daemon X Machina for Switch is cool.

RIYL robots fighting robots, looting robots, customizing robots, etc.

So far it's quite cool although the missions seem a bit short. Hopefully things will stretch out as the game continues!
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Started playing New Vegas again.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion