The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:53 am

I disagree, I'm pretty hyped on the new Death Stranding "briefing" trailer. I had no issues with Reedus in that trailer and I'm happy to finally have some context as to what is happening. Haven't watched the 48 minute gameplay video yet and not sure if I want to. Might watch it tonight, I guess.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 am

Also, I'm kind of regretting pre-ordering Borderlands 3. I don't know why, but I just have no hype for it and it's coming out tomorrow. Maybe the gameplay will draw me in when it gets here. I guess I'm just not feeling a Borderlands game right now :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26 pm

i'm super excited. still haven't played through the connective free dl mission on BL2, but that's because i was so lost on where all my characters were at it was frustrating to run them again.

i hope they shipped the Ultimate Loots edition so it arrives today. even though i won't have time to veg out till this Sunday probably. still. WANT.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Well looks like I am not getting BL3 tomorrow anyways because Best Buy failed to inform me that there was an issue with my payment. I just checked my ordered to see why I hadn't received a tracking number and it turns out PayPal didn't release the funds because I also pre-ordered Death Stranding in the same order. So now I have no idea when I will get BL3, which is super annoying since I didn't have any plans this weekend. I guess I'll just have to make some music instead :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 am

Really wish this wasn't yet another fucking console exclusive.
A game that's basically just a game engine for people that have no idea how to use a game engine, brilliant.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBA » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:05 pm

codetocontra wrote:Anyone playing Super Mario Maker 2? My daughter and I have been making levels we want to share. Shitty thing is that they won't pop up for people playing Endless Mode until someone completes AND likes the course. So they might only get a little attention after the initial upload if someone is searching through new courses.

FITTINGLY, I've recreated every level from the original NES Contra in Super Mario Maker 2. Just got done a few days ago, and they're all up! You can even pretend like I did it JUST FOR YOU.

Here are the codes plus my Maker ID. I'm happy to play any levels anyone else has made. I spent over 120 hours perfecting these fuckers, so I hope you enjoy them.

Maker ID: N63-9GL-YDF

JUNGLE: 00N-SCY-1MG
BASE1: QYQ-D86-PWG
WATERFALL: 65C-RP0-0NF
BASE2: G7S-8NT-WRF
SNOW FIELD: 6HV-VJ2-K2G
ENERGY ZONE: 4Q4-TL9-6CG
HANGAR: H1Y-L12-QPG
ALIEN'S LAIR: C9X-PXV-JCG

Thanks!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Sweet! Checking them out right away.

My maker ID is 2MF-HK1-JWG
Obviously shared with my daughter. Some fun and easy, some are brutal.

MechaGodzilla's ID is 8TR-9GJ-2VG
He has 2 really good levels up.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CBA » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:36 pm

codetocontra wrote:Sweet! Checking them out right away.

Thanks! Will jam them later today.

I hope you enjoy my wacky bosses. They were fun to make and hopefully keep the Contra charm (if that exists).

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 am

codetocontra wrote:Sweet! Checking them out right away.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 pm

CBA wrote:..... FITTINGLY, I've recreated every level from the original NES Contra in Super Mario Maker 2. Just got done a few days ago, and they're all up! You can even pretend like I did it JUST FOR YOU.....

holy butts. that. suh and/or madam. is IMPRESSIVE dedication.

i'm kinda.... irked at things like Mario Maker or really good sandbox games like RDR2. when i was younger, and had ALL THE VIDJA GAMING TIME, i would have ADORED being able to pour so deeply into a game. now i'm lucky if i have a couple hours a couple days a week.

case in point - i'm just sitting down to play BL3 for the second time. got about an hour and a half of gaming after A FREAKING HOUR OF INSTALL AND UPDATE INSTALL.

digging it so far. but MAN it takes awhile to boot up. about 5 minutes from starting the PS4 before i can do anything.

shits is fun though. missed BL. got a little burnt on 2 and TPS. loved them (don't get them hate for TPS. not the best story, but still more entertaining than 90% of the stuff i've played. and loved the new mechanics.),but played way too much.

WOOT NEW CONTENT.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm

I'm finally starting to get excited for BL3. You reminded me that I should turn on my PS4 to make sure it's updated. Don't even know the last time I've powered it up so I definitely have some updating to do before I can play anything
Last edited by MrNovember on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:42 pm

lol. yeah. same boat. did a system update, reboot, system patch, reboot, disc install, game update, THEN launched.

i am digging it though. so far it's similar with SO many more gun options, they changed the skill trees so you have 3 different versions of your power with a tree attached, and MAN. you can fast travel from anywhere. even to your vehicle.

so. get stuck in an area and need ammo? boop back to a fast travel station, buy, boop to your vehicle near Action Times. USEFUL. cuts down on a lot of the annoying back tracking.

lol. but i'm like..... nowhere into it. done about 6 side missions before the 2nd real main mission point. having a blast so far.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:33 am

I was burnt out on Borderlands by TPS, I might wait for the Steam release or wait for a good PS4 sale. I'm going on holidays in a few weeks so i'm not wanting to spend anything on games, likely going to pick up Modern Warefare until Death Stranding comes out.

New season of Siege is good, there's actually an Unranked mode so you can have the best gameplay mode without the misery of shitty teammates going up against sweaty try hards in Ranked. :!!!:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 am

I have been enjoying Borderlands 3 so far. A lot of content. Since release I'm only about 1/2 way through.
It is more of the same but deeper and better QoL improvements.
IMO, they nailed the loot and loot system (my biggest gripe with BL2). I'm constantly looking for my next upgrade......because, who knows when it will drop. I find that element compelling. TETO (to each their own).
It's my favorite series of all time.....so I'm a bit biased.
3 easily lives up to the hype if you are into Borderlands. I don't think its different enough that if you disliked previous game; you probably won't like this either.

There are some PC bugs/issues. Some lag. More and larger lag spikes when playing with others. especially 3 others. It runs great most of the time overall.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 am

I can't wait to pick up BL3... wife hinted that I might get a Switch for Christmas, so, I'll probably wait until that's figured out. Rather have it for the Switch so I could play and let the toddler or the wife watch TV.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion