The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby waltdogg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:15 pm

i'm still kinda disappointed i haven't been able to find an nes classic pretty much anywhere.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

I think I have an NES classic at my parents' house somewhere.
I got the Homebrew app on my Wii to play old NES titles with a gamecube controller and that's pretty cool. No Duck Hunter though :lol:

Also I just started playing Skyward Sword, and am I just terrible at coordination or is the Wiimote actually not that great of a controller? I only bought my Wii to play Gamecube games, and now older Nintendo titles, so this is my first time using the wiimote to do anything besides navigate & it's suuuuper frustrating. I've never had this much difficulty playing a Zelda game before (also the first dungeon seemed noticeably harder than any other Zelda game's - I got stumped a few times & those fucking skulltulas wrecked me). I managed to clear the first dungeon, but that boss battle took me like 4 tries. For context while playing through Link to the Past, Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Windwaker I don't think I had to restart a single boss battle.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 pm

i'm tryna get one of those fancy new mini ones. but in the meantime i've been downloading games to my 3ds.

i've heard and read that the wiimote controls were just shit.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 pm

It's one of those things that sounds like a great idea and is probably super cool if that's what you grow up on, but for someone who spent the better part of their time ages 8-14 playing games without motion detectors built in and has only recently come back to video games, it's pretty frustrating in practice.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:54 pm

i'm in the same boat. i grew up playing 8 bit games so anything without standard controls is just weird to me.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Yeah, the motion controls on Skyward Sward weren't that good. Also, the game is way too linear. I like it because it's a Zelda game, and has a pretty cool story, but I don't think I'll replay.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby foomanfat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Going back and forth between loving and hating For Honor.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 pm

<rant>grrrr nioh is hard as shit</rant>
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bloatedsack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 am

foomanfat wrote:Going back and forth between loving and hating For Honor.

So, typical Ubisoft then.

I'm still in for Ghost Recon, though. It looks like the good parts of Division without the mindcrushing drudgery of grinding for RNG and at every patch to have a hope of staying alive.

Also, whatever that crazy Sony game with robot dinosaurs is happenign sometime in an unspecified future.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 am

Since finishing RE7, I can't decide if I want to replay it or do a series playthrough.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 am

Seems like they're making an Apocalypse Now! video game. That seems somehow inappropriate.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 am

Andrew wrote:Since finishing RE7, I can't decide if I want to replay it or do a series playthrough.

Madhouse mode changes things up a bit (relocated items, harder enemies, enemies in different areas, ink ribbonish saving system etc) and is worth another playthrough. The DLC is good too, if you're playing on PS4. Hoard mode, a card game that's pretty cool, a silly mini game, an extremely hard mode where you play through a section of the house, and two story based episodes.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Started playing enter the gungeon today. Such a fun game but it leaves me saltier than isaac did.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Started playing XCOM: Enemy Within.
The level with the whaling ship can go fuck itself. Unexpectedly, the devs weren't total assholes and the mission was still completed although all of my best guys died.
My favorite part of the game is how the spider enemies can basically cross the entire map and oneshot my dudes.
Also, hooray for missing with a 99% chance to hit :omg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 pm

about to beat super metroid with 100% items for the first time in years. feeling very accomplished.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion