The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Achtane » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Kinda wanna try Risk of Rain.
There aren't enough good co-op games on PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:55 pm

LOCOPELAND wrote:lol i know right

i do pretty well in organized fight clubs, but those have rules and whatnot and most people abide by them. the arenas are fucking dicks.

This is where I say something like "is it a real fight, or not?" Because you should be a dick back if it is :thumb:
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 pm

I've been god mode-ing my way across Skyrim.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Oh my god I forgot how fun Serious Sam is with a bunch of people.
"Knife him!"
And so we knifed him to death. And made our way through the rest of a few levels with knives-only. It's a surprisingly viable strategy, and pretty fun to jump on top of a big enemy and stab it to death.
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Hell yeah! Which one is that? I only ever played SS2.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:55 pm

SS1: HD remake
We all bought the Steam sale pack, or humble bundle or whatever it was a couple years ago and have an on/off relationship with the series. Only ever beat the first one. We're gonna give SS3 a shot. I played the first level, but really didn't like the environment although it might be a jab at the MODERN WARFARE GRIMDARK BROWN AND GRAY ELITE UNIT trend in gaming. The sledgehammer and fist attacks were very fun as far as I got to use 'em.
Although it doesn't show in the pic, the graphics in the HD remakes are amazing even now. I don't know how they did it, but the games are beautiful and still run smoothly without being too demanding on your PC. Plus those color options and the kid mode gore with lollipops and candy flying out of everyone.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:28 am

YES SERIOUS SAM. Multiplayer on that was always hilarious.

SS3 is actually pretty decent. It keeps most of the same stuff going, ridiculous numbers of crazy enemies and general silliness. Doesn't quite capture the magic somehow but how could it?

And yeah the HD remakes look mindblowing. I've never understood how the SS games ran well on anything, because shit gets pretty intense and stays smoooth.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:45 am

Wes Mantooth wrote:
gunslinger_burrito wrote:I might just look into cooling in general. I found my graphics specs :
geforce gtx 460 (1 gig, I think)

Or I'll fuck with the overclocking and tweaking tools available. :idk:

I need to use halberds some more. Or spears, for that long and stabby action.

If something is already putting out a lot of heat I would be careful with overclocking as that will just generate more. I might sell my GTX770 Lightning for a new GTX780 Ti so if you're interested I'd let it go for an ILFBro deal at like $220 (I got it like a year ago for 350-400, can't remember). Runs any game I've played (Metro Last Light being the most intensive) at max, 30-60fps on 1080p.

Not quite sure if I'm going to do it yet but I want a bigger, higher res monitor and a shiny new gfx card with it. Plus I have to pay off my other debts first.

I've been using a ASUS GTX780 on a 27" 1440p monitor for ages now with great results, couldn't be happier with that pairing. Naturally, the pixel density so large that you don't even need to use Anti Aliasing in your games so you can save some extra system performance which helps with a massive screen Join the 1440p cvlt

But GTX770s are pretty beastly, why not just try getting another and running it SLI? (Motherboard willing ofcause).
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:35 am

Andrew wrote:
Wes Mantooth wrote:
gunslinger_burrito wrote:I might just look into cooling in general. I found my graphics specs :
geforce gtx 460 (1 gig, I think)

Or I'll fuck with the overclocking and tweaking tools available. :idk:

I need to use halberds some more. Or spears, for that long and stabby action.

If something is already putting out a lot of heat I would be careful with overclocking as that will just generate more. I might sell my GTX770 Lightning for a new GTX780 Ti so if you're interested I'd let it go for an ILFBro deal at like $220 (I got it like a year ago for 350-400, can't remember). Runs any game I've played (Metro Last Light being the most intensive) at max, 30-60fps on 1080p.

Not quite sure if I'm going to do it yet but I want a bigger, higher res monitor and a shiny new gfx card with it. Plus I have to pay off my other debts first.

I've been using a ASUS GTX780 on a 27" 1440p monitor for ages now with great results, couldn't be happier with that pairing. Naturally, the pixel density so large that you don't even need to use Anti Aliasing in your games so you can save some extra system performance which helps with a massive screen Join the 1440p cvlt

But GTX770s are pretty beastly, why not just try getting another and running it SLI? (Motherboard willing ofcause).

They discontinued the model I use and I haven't been able to find it anywhere (though I haven't looked lately). It's an MSI GTX770 Lightning. I've heard you're really supposed to use the same make and model of card so I'm kind of out of luck :grumpy:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 am

I played most of Serious Sam 2 with three other people. We had to set the game to the hardest difficulty for it to be any sort of a challenge. It made for some Dynasty Warriors-esque moments where we we mowing down an entire screen of those kamikaze bomb-head dudes with giant cannon-ball guns.

If you like the level of silliness, you should definitely try to find a way to play the Timesplitters games. The last one (Future Perfect) was so much goddamn fun. There's nothing like multiplayer involving a duck man, gingerbread man, evil clowns, a dinosaur, a human-sized sock puppet, and monkeys with rocket launchers.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 am

gunslinger_burrito wrote:I played most of Serious Sam 2 with three other people. We had to set the game to the hardest difficulty for it to be any sort of a challenge. It made for some Dynasty Warriors-esque moments where we we mowing down an entire screen of those kamikaze bomb-head dudes with giant cannon-ball guns.

If you like the level of silliness, you should definitely try to find a way to play the Timesplitters games. The last one (Future Perfect) was so much goddamn fun. There's nothing like multiplayer involving a duck man, gingerbread man, evil clowns, a dinosaur, a human-sized sock puppet, and monkeys with rocket launchers.

I want to play Serious Sam with you dudes!!

Yeah Timesplitters was so fucking fun, my favorite local multiplayer game ever.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby leaves turn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:27 pm

NOSTALGIA WAVE

Timesplitters 2 was the greatest of all Gamecube games

My brother and I would spend hours doing capture the bag 2 v 10 bots on the desert bunker and ice tower levels. MAN THE GUNS

and virus mode

and the mapmaker

They need to put a Timesplitters game on Steam right now.
disclaimer: I'm an engineer with DigiTech/DOD
good deals
leaves turn

experienced
experienced

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

leaves turn wrote:NOSTALGIA WAVE

Timesplitters 2 was the greatest of all Gamecube games

My brother and I would spend hours doing capture the bag 2 v 10 bots on the desert bunker and ice tower levels. MAN THE GUNS

and virus mode

and the mapmaker

They need to put a Timesplitters game on Steam right now.

Frreal, the mapmaker was so easy to use. My friends and I made a tone of cool shit on their Gamecube and usually played free for alls with a bunch of bots. SO FUN
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Ice towers meaning the frozen lake with the bunkers and the jeep?

The best part about that was that two players could ride in the jeep at the same time. For my friend and I, it was me as a cowboy and him as the T-rex. fucking great.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 pm

So started to try out some PVP in Dark Souls
Rocking some magic now and mainly the Santier's Spear
Just had the best encounter
I invaded one guy, and while fighting him, a second guy invaded me (didn't even know that was possible) but the second guy just stood by the side and watched until I dispatched the first guy. Second guy then creamed me but still it was pretty cool
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion