Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:07 am

Hype train!!

A Mogwai song used in a trailer for the Metro series. :love:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby LOCOPELAND » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm

MrNovember wrote:Not sure if I should go home and download DS2 DLC or keep playing Fallout New Vegas

I'm digging it quite a bit. It's definitely the hardest thing that Fromsoft has released since the OG Dark Souls imo...which is a good thing. The main game's PvE, while good, doesn't quite hit the mark for a Souls game.

I've now encountered 2 bosses and haven't been able to get past either. Shit's fuckin' rough, man.
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:39 pm

LOCOPELAND wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Not sure if I should go home and download DS2 DLC or keep playing Fallout New Vegas

I'm digging it quite a bit. It's definitely the hardest thing that Fromsoft has released since the OG Dark Souls imo...which is a good thing. The main game's PvE, while good, doesn't quite hit the mark for a Souls game.

I've now encountered 2 bosses and haven't been able to get past either. Shit's fuckin' rough, man.

That's good news.
I've almost beaten New Vegas (for the like 5th time) so I'm going to stick to that to the end before getting into the new DLC
Still need to beat the final boss for the first DLC too, I think I need to suck it up and summon people for help
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 am

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I don't want to be that guy that keeps talking about it.

But the Metro Redux is really, really good. 2033 now plays like LL - the Stealth sections are realistic and solid, you can non lethally take down enemies and even when using silenced weapons you need to be careful about timing your shots right. The overall gameplay is better balanced and the difficulty is the right amount of being harsh without being shameless bullet sponges. Also, interestingly enough, I'm running the game on Ultra/1440p with PhysX and it's playing smoother and looks better than the previous iterations.

Unfortunately, the children voice actors are still... odd...

So get it if your interested?
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 am

I love this kind of shit so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 am

The Morrowind one is so weird.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I don't want to be that guy that keeps talking about it.

But the Metro Redux is really, really good. 2033 now plays like LL - the Stealth sections are realistic and solid, you can non lethally take down enemies and even when using silenced weapons you need to be careful about timing your shots right. The overall gameplay is better balanced and the difficulty is the right amount of being harsh without being shameless bullet sponges. Also, interestingly enough, I'm running the game on Ultra/1440p with PhysX and it's playing smoother and looks better than the previous iterations.

Unfortunately, the children voice actors are still... odd...

So get it if your interested?

I just bought both Metro games when they were on sale earlier this summer. Still haven't played them. So I really can't justify buying the games again, but this sounds pretty great
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jfrey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Ended up buying a Nixeus Moda.

It's really nice. I highly recommend it. It feels like luxury typing.
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:29 am

I love online gamers.
I'm a NOOB for using a shotgun and a FAG when I jump in their face with an uzi after running out of shotgun ammo.
YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE RIFLE BRO I'M THE ONE THAT HAS TO CLOSE THE GAP BETWEEN US
YA FAILED AT YER JOB
YA FAILED AT IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 am

I just downloaded SNES9X for my phone and started playing Final Fantasy 6 again. Best game ever!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby hangwire » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 am

spacelordmother wrote:I just downloaded SNES9X for my phone and started playing Final Fantasy 6 again. Best game ever!

I always liked FF4 [SNES FF2] better as there was just too much stuff with the relics and I wasnt into doing all the character so the end when you needed 3 teams was a bit of a grind. My favorite is the game boy advance rerelease of FF1 on the Dawn of Souls cart... the main game is updated nicely, and the extra dungon bosses are really a challenge and made me realize how important the spell "temper" is :facepalm:

Side question, are there websites besides craigslist and ebay where I should post old SNES games that I want to sell for buyers to see? I have games just sitting that I woudl sell for some collector seeking it out, but dont want to deal with ebay fees or having to bump a carisglist add weekly.
hangwire

committed
committed

Postby louderthangod » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:01 am

My brother is putting together an emulator on a PSP with an insane amount of NES, SNES, Genesis and Neo-Geo games on it. I've played his and it's pretty awesome. My goal is to just play all of the terrible games of my youth first and then eventually get to the good ones again. I figure it's a better way to spend my commute than nodding off on the train to work.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 am

Smashed it through Metro, really satisfied.

Playing Diablo 3 again, haven't played it since 2012 and it does feel a lot different. My Demon Hunter feels underpowered, my Wizard is still pretty good. But started a new Monk and demolishing everything, I just love dungeon crawlers.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jfrey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 am

Shit's getting real.

dota.jpg
dota.jpg (76.75 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby foomanfat » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Damn it, Dark Souls II. Trying this bastard again.
Finally figured out that there is a place to go besides that castle area full of giants.
I keep hitting X to attack and using all of my freaking lifegems.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion