Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:31 am

foomanfat wrote:No sleep 'til Fallout.

I should have really taken tomorrow off work
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby bob the r0bot » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:35 am

oscillateur wrote:Used to work at Grasshopper until a few years ago.

Does this mean you cant get me a copy of Michigan?
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:49 am

I think my preorder arrived today and the fucking RAM I bought off eBay I need to play it is still bouncing around the US and has been for like two weeks.
Fuck you eBay and your global parcel service.
Fuck you in the face.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 am

Jesus, I managed to avoid every ounce of Hype related to FO4 in the years buildup and especially this week. For some reason today feels particularly hard to not just run out and buy a copy. Grrr.

Though, i've never actually finished a Fallout game. I've only replayed the games for like 10 hours then restarted my characters multiple times. :idk:

Reworded it less weirdly
Last edited by Andrew on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Hyphen Nation » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:57 am

Andrew wrote:Jesus, I managed to avoid every ounce of Hype related to FO4 in the years buildup and especially this week. For some reason today feels particularly hard to not just run out and buy a copy. Grrr.

Though, i've never actually finished a Fallout game. I've only replayed the first 10 hours 5 times each. :idk:

You are doing something wrong...I think I've logged well over 500 hours between FO3 and New Vegas...
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:32 am

Hah, I made the mistake of buying Fallout 3 (quite some time after the release) in France while on holidays and I could not change the language to english either through the game or PS3 settings. The french voices annoyed me so much that I stopped the game after the first cut-scene... And now Fallout 4 scares me just like The Witcher 3 scares me : I don't have enough time to play these games unless I stop doing lots of other things, so I don't even want to buy them now...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby colin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:50 am

I've put a couple hours or so into Fallout 4 on PS4 now. No bugs found so far, runs smoothly enough. Yeah, it's not the most impressive game graphically that I've ever seen, but looks good enough to me. Fun so far, definitely Fallout, no surprises yet. I really enjoyed 3 and New Vegas, so I imagine that many, many more hours of fun are to follow.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:18 am

Hyphen Nation wrote:
Andrew wrote:Jesus, I managed to avoid every ounce of Hype related to FO4 in the years buildup and especially this week. For some reason today feels particularly hard to not just run out and buy a copy. Grrr.

Though, i've never actually finished a Fallout game. I've only replayed the games 10 hours 5 times each. :idk:

You are doing something wrong...I think I've logged well over 500 hours between FO3 and New Vegas...

I'm a huuuuuge Elder Scrolls fan though and am a big Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan. I adore Mass Effect but don't get along with Dragon Age, I do like Fallout. It's just too close to the other thing but slightly different. It's like going out with someone for a year then you just start dating their sister instead, it just feels weird.

I'm a monogamist.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 am

Dude, did you ever play the original?
It's the reason I'm a lifer. That game had me from jump.

If you're jumping in and comparing the Fallout series to games that came AFTER it, that's just weird. Because it really set the pace.
The original probably seems clunky and naff compared to modern games but there is something really endearing and awesome about it that they've managed to retain in the modern games.
I'm probably a bit nostalgic like that, but it's the same sort of magic that people who love Sam and Max or Grim Fandango can relate to.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 am

Niiiiiiiice, you can reunite with a certain character back again in MGSV after you do their mission 7 times - which is super easy and quick.

Iommic Pope wrote:Dude, did you ever play the original?
It's the reason I'm a lifer. That game had me from jump.

If you're jumping in and comparing the Fallout series to games that came AFTER it, that's just weird. Because it really set the pace.
The original probably seems clunky and naff compared to modern games but there is something really endearing and awesome about it that they've managed to retain in the modern games.
I'm probably a bit nostalgic like that, but it's the same sort of magic that people who love Sam and Max or Grim Fandango can relate to.

I've got the originals plus tactics and I've played plenty of Wasteland 1+2 as well. I like Fallout, I kind of wish that it was as a little less open. The series has great aesthetics, experimentation and mini stories, I like the game itself more than the exploration. Openworld games are just big and I play a lot of games. Ofcause i'm still going to buy it because I do want play it, i'm just waiting a bit. :idk:

Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:43 am

I've also logged 500+ hours on both FO3 and New Vegas. I've beaten both 5 or 6 times. I can't wait to get into this game. I couldn't stay up to play last night, but I woke up a little early to start it this morning. Only really got through the character creation. Also my computer defaulted to the lowest quality settings, which is pretty crazy considering it's a gaming laptop from like two years ago. Oh well, it still looks surprisingly good.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby foomanfat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:08 am

Spent a solid half hour in the FO4 character creator before I realized, "Whoops. I made Emma Watson."
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CyaNitrate » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:12 pm

foomanfat wrote:Spent a solid half hour in the FO4 character creator before I realized, "Whoops. I made Emma Watson."

Is that bad?
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby foomanfat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:52 pm

CyaNitrate wrote:
foomanfat wrote:Spent a solid half hour in the FO4 character creator before I realized, "Whoops. I made Emma Watson."

Is that bad?

Not at all. I guess I just realized that my brain defaults "cute girl face" to Emma Watson.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Man, that new Samsung VR thing is lame...

Played King of Fighters '97 yesterday...first time I had played a video game in a year. Didn't do too bad (Ikari Warriors Team).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion