Wendys appreciation thread. Also ILF in general.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Wendys appreciation thread. Also ILF in general.

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:Fast food + seafood in general is a no-no combination for me. Always will be.

even as someone who loves seafood and will usually always look for seafood items on menus before anything else, i tend to agree.
when you go to japan go to CoCo Curry and get dat 600 yen ebi asari karee though

I imagine I'll eat a lot of 600 yen curry while I'm there :lol:
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:31 am

You know, we don't have Denny's in Eastern Canada, so when I head down to D.o.S.'s neck of the woods, I actually consider it a treat.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:04 am

Jesus, I completely forgot that Australia actually has Wendys.

Icecream and really shitty Hotdogs.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:09 am

I think ours is one of those instances where some smart fucker started a franchise with the name before the yanks moved down here to blackmail them into buying the name and rights to trade under it for exhibited amounts.
Like how Burger King is called Hungry Jack's here, because of that one dude in Sydney.
I'm almost certain that our Wendy's has no connection to the US one.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:25 am

Then again Australia always had a habit of doing their own version of other Countries shit - rather than just bringing it here to begin with.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby untilshewokeme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:11 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:Fast food + seafood in general is a no-no combination for me. Always will be.

even as someone who loves seafood and will usually always look for seafood items on menus before anything else, i tend to agree.
when you go to japan go to CoCo Curry and get dat 600 yen ebi asari karee though

I will go a step further and say even chain restaurants like Red Lobster is a no-no. Maybe its just because I am spoiled and live in New England where seafood is plentiful but I don't see how anyone can go to this place and spend money. You can go to any mom and pop seafood place, spend the same amount of money and get way better quality food. :idk:
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

casecandy wrote:You know, we don't have Denny's in Eastern Canada, so when I head down to D.o.S.'s neck of the woods, I actually consider it a treat.

Listen, man... just... no.

If every Denny's Restaurant could go up in a glorious dumpster fire the world would be a better place. You'll likely find better food at a goddamn Wafflehouse.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby casecandy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:45 pm

odontophobia wrote:
casecandy wrote:You know, we don't have Denny's in Eastern Canada, so when I head down to D.o.S.'s neck of the woods, I actually consider it a treat.

If every Denny's Restaurant could go up in a glorious dumpster fire the world would be a better place. You'll likely find better food at a goddamn Wafflehouse.

You don't own me!

Also I know good food, okay, I'm a Quebecer. Try and eat a bad meal in Quebec. Dare you. BUT... I'm allowed to like crap too, okay?

Crap can be delicious.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 am

odontophobia wrote:

plus Denny's ain't what is was even when it wasn't what it was..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby WayToHip » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm

I can't remember the last time I had a wendy's burger, but I do remember the first time I had a Baconator. I was so grossed out, so much ketchup. The second time there wasn't so much ketchup but man that first time ruined Wendy's for me for a while. Frostys are great though, I like to dip fries in them.

Denny's is shitty, it is late night after the bar drunk food. But this town only has Denny's, Ihop, and a Coras for dedicated fast food breakfast.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:46 pm

odontophobia wrote:

100%
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:37 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:
odontophobia wrote:

100%

Here's the thing... Denny's becomes this late night hang out in areas where there isn't something better. I grew up in this town a few hours from Detroit. After local shows we would all go to this place called the Texan. It was basically the local version of Denny's. Even if it was kind of shitty it was superior.

Now that I'm in Grand Rapids we have a place called the Grand Coney. They serve everything under the fucking sun. Our favorite server there would often refer to one meal as "the Gary" because I would order a Chicken Tender basket with fries, two bread sticks and cottage cheese.

Or I would be hammered and crazy shit would happen. For instance we were there at about 2 a.m. and the place was packed. There was somebody passed out in the men's restroom so some guy went into the women's restroom and took a piss. A girl saw him and flipped the fuck out. She came running out of the bathroom with her pants undone. She was screaming, "Michael! Michael! There's a man in the bathroom." Her boyfriend was this six foot something guy who was acting hard as fuck. He was grunting like some kind of primate while she yelped "Call the police, call the police." The whole place got really quiet and the man asked, "You gonna call the police?" One of the cooks, probably flipping a few sunny side up eggs yells from the kitchen, "You call the fucking cops." The guy lost his shit and was screaming for the cook to step outside. It was awesome.

Being drunk at shitty local diners is about the best thing in life.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:52 am

There used to be a diner close to where I lived that opened at 11pm and closed at 5am. It was owned by an ex-cop and it definitely needed to be as you can imagine with a place being open that early/late. All you every got in there were people either after a night of drinking or the very few people who had to be at work really early in the morning.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby casecandy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:17 am

Cora's used to be the absolute tits, and in the last five years or so, has gone to (relative) shit. It's still good for a chain, but the price-to-quality ratio is slipping. Often the culprit is "fresh fruit" that so far off from ripe, it's rock-hard. Which is what I used to be upon entering a Cora's, what up though
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion