If any of you are feeling a little unstable...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: If any of you are feeling a little unstable...

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:56 pm

morange wrote:I like how that guy's response to the lion thing is, oh, I didn't know that lion was a friend of yours.

Wait up, the dentist guy said that?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby morange » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm paraphrasing a bit. Let me try to find what I saw.
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby morange » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 pm

“I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favourite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt.”
Last edited by morange on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Ah right.
What a dickbag.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jeff-7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Ignoring the subject of the dumbass trophy killer and instead focusing more on some of the other posts. So some of you are ok with eating cheeseburgers and chicken, or feeding your pets their little bags and cans of processed meat, but aren't ok with hunting? You find it agreeable that there are countless animals in containment areas happily chowing away to fatten up, oblivious to the fact that they will soon be slaughtered for your burrito or that tin of Fancy Feast?

I'd rather eat the meat off a deer that spent its life roaming free, eating acorns, mushrooms and grazing fields. At least they're allowed to live their life on their own terms, without the constraints of a pen, fence, or building. They get to reproduce and live with their own kind out in the wild, not castrated in order to make them focus on food instead of breeding. I sleep easier at night eating something that lived free instead of in what amounts to a production line. Your life depends on the death of others, be it plant or animal. Grow the balls required to procure it for yourself instead of sitting back in your little plastic world passing judgement on others, absolving yourself of the death of other living beings by paying someone else to do it for you.

Killing for sport is a different issue to me, as that speaks more towards the psychopathic nature of our kind. It's not about sustenance, it's about getting the chance to brag to your fellow psychopaths. That is not hunting. That is killing for pleasure.
Good deals with: Officer Bukowski, Caesar, BriBri, Amorphous, ThePastRecedes
Jeff-7

experienced
experienced

Postby tuj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm

no animal deserves to die for another animal's pleasure.

I respect your position and sentiments. That said, where do you draw the line? Do you kill bacteria within your own body? Of course you do. Do monkeys make war on other monkeys? Sure they do. Look I understand the overwhelming sentiment in this crowd is that hunting is beyond lame. All I was trying to say is that co-habitation of humans and other animals sometimes requires 'management.' Call me old and pragmatic. Or delusion and outmoded. And apparently psychopathic. Wow. Sorry guys. (resuming lurking)
so much gear...
tuj

committed
committed

Postby Jeff-7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:54 pm

The psychopathic sentiment wasn't aimed at you, Tuj, that was my afterthought on the lion killing dentist. If you do hunt purely for "sport" I won't agree with your practices and views on the subject but I'm not going to go piss on your doorstep.
Good deals with: Officer Bukowski, Caesar, BriBri, Amorphous, ThePastRecedes
Jeff-7

experienced
experienced

Postby misterstomach » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Jeff-7 wrote:Ignoring the subject of the dumbass trophy killer and instead focusing more on some of the other posts. So some of you are ok with eating cheeseburgers and chicken, or feeding your pets their little bags and cans of processed meat, but aren't ok with hunting? You find it agreeable that there are countless animals in containment areas happily chowing away to fatten up, oblivious to the fact that they will soon be slaughtered for your burrito or that tin of Fancy Feast?

I'd rather eat the meat off a deer that spent its life roaming free, eating acorns, mushrooms and grazing fields. At least they're allowed to live their life on their own terms, without the constraints of a pen, fence, or building. They get to reproduce and live with their own kind out in the wild, not castrated in order to make them focus on food instead of breeding. I sleep easier at night eating something that lived free instead of in what amounts to a production line. Your life depends on the death of others, be it plant or animal. Grow the balls required to procure it for yourself instead of sitting back in your little plastic world passing judgement on others, absolving yourself of the death of other living beings by paying someone else to do it for you.

Killing for sport is a different issue to me, as that speaks more towards the psychopathic nature of our kind. It's not about sustenance, it's about getting the chance to brag to your fellow psychopaths. That is not hunting. That is killing for pleasure.

it saves me a lot of typing that you wrote this, as it pretty closely reflects my views on the subject. i'm nauseated by trophy lion slaughtering and such, and in general really rich people spending a fortune to travel abroad and kill and animal, particularly endangered ones, that they're not going to eat just to have the trophy or say they did it. but to make no distinction between that and working hard to go out deer hunting, or pheasant or whatever, to take some responsibility for your food and how it lived and died and got to your table displays a lack of nuance that is kind of baffling to me.

we could get really deep into the squirrels run over by the tofu truck or habitat destroyed by farmland if we really want to start trying to outdo each other in a "holier-than-thou" contest. but both lines of reasoning end with us living in a mud hut; which, regardless of how good or bad that sounds to you, isn't really a realistic option for most of us (it sounds awesome to me, by the way). given that, taking any moral or ethical stance in regards to nature, resources, animal and wildlife welfare or any of that involves some inescapable level of compromise and hypocrisy. some people take different paths, but it's important to recognize that there are hunters and meat eaters and vegans and gardeners and all kinds of folks who really are trying to do the best they can with what they have in the world they live in, and that's pretty different from dickheads who fly around the world spending 50k on a canned hunt for endangered species.

i hate posting in threads like this.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Which is why I blanket statement. With a statement broad enough, it is all-condeming and I am not hypocrite.

As much as I want to say hunting is bad or cow farms are wrong or vegans ar hypocrites or any concrete statement, I know I can't escape my little fantasy world. I know I can't live up to my own double-, triple-, etc standards.

I don't think growing balls would help. It would only help in one direction. If I'm going to be dork loser idiot hypocrite, I'd rather it be on my own terms. So.

the_active_conundrum wrote:I think people are too dumb.

That's the problem.
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby misterstomach » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm

I fully support that particular blanket statement.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:55 am

I guess the point I was trying to make is that people will support anything they feel benefits them. I just find it odd that people who argue about the sanctity of the lives of animals would be so quick to throw human lives away.

To be clear, I'm not anti-abortion, as it clearly has it's medical uses for women who can't bring a child to term safely or are pregnant as a result of rape (it takes a special people to keep those children), but I've always been bothered (and perhaps it's just a stigma) that some people would choose to abort a child they don't want over contraception. I'm bothered by the implication that lives are simply disposable.

Obviously my phrasing was goofy in my initial post. :thumb: On a side note, I'd be the worst Buddhist in history. :hobbes:
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:38 am

HeavyXIII wrote:I guess the point I was trying to make is that people will support anything they feel benefits them. I just find it odd that people who argue about the sanctity of the lives of animals would be so quick to throw human lives away.

we've had a good run…
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Twangasaurus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:49 am

Fuck all ya'll, here I am eating my unethically farmed spit roast lion fetus and you go and mention dentists? I totally lost my appetite.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 am

HeavyXIII wrote:... On a side note, I'd be the worst Buddhist in history. :hobbes:

:zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :zen: :surprise:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Previous

Return to General Discussion