The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:17 am

lordgalvar wrote:I actually went looking for the home page of that bike (where the pre orders are) and noticed they put no DOT or safety testing information which is required here for vehicle registration. I wonder if it is technically being sold as a bicycle? (Yea, if it was a motor vehicle they would have to get it passed test for each region...don't see any mention, nor do i think they could have afforded the certs/tests). Probably trying to sneak it in the same law's as golf carts.

The terrible English was also kind of bad.

I agree on the carbon fiber frame...I kinda glossed over that as "steel with carbon fiber" haha. I also know that anything that looks that sweet in a photo never does in person. The 5000 price tag is slightly high I think too....The big Japanese builders are still offering competitive motorcycles in the same power range for cheaper. (V-star 250 is 4400 MSRP)

I hope these take off too. Be nice to see something with the improvements and competition like you say Pope.

Still think they look bad ass and it was pretty cool for a Chinese factory to work with a Spanish designer and try to do something different.

Here's to hopefully some cool electric bikes!

China is full of electric bikes right now so long term we could end up with some very cool designs (I love the look of cafe racer style stuff)

The price on this does seem a little high.

Just to qualify the OBC components for a new electric vehicle runs around 5kUSD per part and that's with sourcing most of the stress testing in China (this is for AECQ200 of course Bikes may be a bit different)
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am

Chankgeez wrote:Read this the other day, GM's allegedly gonna use carbon fiber for truck beds: http://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/g ... ickup-beds

Neat. Certainly a better use for carbon fiber than a bike frame though. I would have dug one in my 2000 Silverado (that just sits in my backyard...the fenders are already fiber glass). For lighter duty, it totally makes sense (most people ain't dumping cubic yards of stone in their truck like the commercials). Stops rust concerns too.

Why not go back to wood truck beds? Replaceable, light, cool. Drove a plumbing Toyota with one...it was basically a 4-cylinder hi-lux and it did fine, even with the big rack . Loved that truck. It took corners like it was going to roll haha, but it was fun.

hbombgraphics wrote:[

China is full of electric bikes right now so long term we could end up with some very cool designs (I love the look of cafe racer style stuff)

The price on this does seem a little high.

Just to qualify the OBC components for a new electric vehicle runs around 5kUSD per part and that's with sourcing most of the stress testing in China (this is for AECQ200 of course Bikes may be a bit different)

Yea, hoping for some good ones. Good information ... Didn't think about aec.

I'm thinking they are going under the radar and selling it as like a off-road kinda thing to get past certifications. I remember my dad looked into dune buggy sfrom China that were insanely cheap (somebody in Bakersfield had like 30 of them for sale next to ATVs and stuff). I doubt any testing was done at all...that said, people build custom cycles and trikes and register them no problem :idk: . Probably just have to take it to the DMV and have it looked at (like Street legal golf carts). Probably varies area to area too.

No body says anything to all the tweakers with 2 strokes on their bicycles here either....they don't even have to obey helmet laws because I think it is still a bicycle.

My friends have electric bikes and they are a pain...way too heavy to be practical. I'm sure they are better now and hope for cooler stuff in the future.

Love cafe racers also!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am

I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs....that bike would probably top out at 35 anyway haha
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 am

lordgalvar wrote:I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs....that bike would probably top out at 35 anyway haha

:lol: yeah you could just push it with your feet.

Every summer I think about buying a motorcycle then it rains for a month and winter starts......

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:44 am

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motorcylce.

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:07 pm

I dig it...just needs something done to the engine.

I don't know why but I was checking out 2-stroke Saabs the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJ3pohjuKI

I thought they were engineered from jets, not chainsaws...

Saab is weird. They are all about selling fighter jets now...which is sad (probably always were)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxtVVa0_8RQ

I don't like how weapons videos are always put up as "look at our efficient use of technology"...like they almost try to down play the actual intent of the tool to sell it to the public as something cool. I dig the technology and do understand that, at least on some level, there is a need for defence (not everyone hates war and violence as much as I do unfortunately)...but it's like they are always trying to buy public sentiment: " all the dudes like it and kids bought toys, you, government, should buy too".

And this:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/12/06/nev ... de-7175091

Rambling tangent protocol #66
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Weapons tech bums me out,

It's the least favorite thing I do is Mil-spec

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 pm

I had the chance to work at Edwards once in mechanical engineering/x-ray...but, yea, it was weird. I finished a degree in English instead.

I do enjoy reading the history of airplanes and tanks and stuff. I love history though. War is a part of that (and is really informative to read about). The tie of technology to conflict is unbreakable. All that stuff is fascinating, but I don't still don't like the way modern military and weapons market their "products" (even the thought of them being sold to bidders is weird).

But, turbos, liquid injection, all kinds of cool stuff.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:03 pm

lordgalvar wrote:I had the chance to work at Edwards once in mechanical engineering/x-ray...but, yea, it was weird. I finished a degree in English instead.

I do enjoy reading the history of airplanes and tanks and stuff. I love history though. War is a part of that (and is really informative to read about). The tie of technology to conflict is unbreakable. All that stuff is fascinating, but I don't still don't like the way modern military and weapons market their "products" (even the thought of them being sold to bidders is weird).

But, turbos, liquid injection, all kinds of cool stuff.

Don't have much to add but I want to say I feel this sentiment too.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Yeah, military tech “enthusiasts” are weird people. I get the cool engineering and big leaps forward that military stuff affords civilians but, there’s a weird fascination aspect that kinda grossed me out about it.
Galvar, you may be right on the sold as “cycles” thing. I hadn’t thought of that. But I’m still pretty doubtful they’ll be available down here.
In fact the way the current Government is carrying on about coal, I have grave doubts for clean vehicles being commercially available in large quantities in the foreseeable future. But this country is a black hole of ass backwards thinking, so that’s to be expected.
But hey, we got that marriage equality now, so look at us go...

Sparkle bike is fucking cool.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Sotheby's are auctioning off this 1959 Mercedes O 319. I want it! :love: :snax:

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ ... 319/545752

Does someone wanna loan me an estimated $175,000 to $200,000? :cool:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Sotheby's are auctioning off this 1959 Mercedes O 319. I want it! :love: :snax:

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ ... 319/545752

Does someone wanna loan me an estimated $175,000 to $200,000? :cool:

Nice one!

I'd probably just put the logo on one of those Toyotas though haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19LVlU6AEnU

Is the video I was trying to remember. It's two Toyota nline 6s in a v12 confing with a custom crankshaft. Pretty dang cool.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Awesome! :!!!:

Think I'd like the sound of that engine run through a flanger! :lol: :wha?: :animal:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Are these some purple lug nuts?

… and a pank & purple motorcycle?

:love:

(photos from the Tokyo Auto Salon)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion