The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby crochambeau » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 pm

crochambeau wrote:I also capped the cabin fresh air sends from the cooling intake, thus forcing 100% of the cooling air around the engine. The original design throws a leg of air around the heat exchangers at exhaust for cabin heat, which has a control flap to block - but it also has a branch that just shoots air into the cabin which in my car was not connected... so I had been throwing some cooling away at about the rear wheels.

Update in case anyone has an aircooled VW that has accrued several decades worth of oil and road grime on the aforementioned heat exchangers and is in a similar situation: it is far better to just cap the ~1 inch/~3cm fresh air leg at the elbow, and KEEP the larger (~2 inch/5cm) cooling feed to the heat exchangers intact. Otherwise they may produce alarming amounts of smoke. Plus, cabin heat will still be a thing in the winter months.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:12 pm

dream car
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm

:thumb: to both of you! :!!!:

Also, pretty cute:

:D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby repoman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:12 pm

1965 Ford F3L
ITS A FORD :eek:
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:47 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:45 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 pm

My dad's friend is going to be selling a '70s Lotus Elite project. I haven't seen it yet, but going to take a look next week and hopefully make an offer on it.

colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:14 pm

:love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:26 pm

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself since I haven't actually seen it yet, but I'm very excited about this car. The current owner is actually a Lotus mechanic, he bought it as an unfinished project from an estate sale. He found receipts for a full engine and transmission rebuild in 2015, and he's currently on working to get it up to driver level. He's going to do the brakes before selling, which is a big plus for me as I don't really feel all that excited to work on inboard rear drums.

Paint and interior are said to be pretty shabby, but that can be dealt with in a few years.

Not entirely sure what he wants for it, but apparently he's thinking something like $7-8k Canadian, which seems like a good deal to me with how crazy car prices are getting.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:16 pm

Seems amazin', Colin, let us know how it goes. :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:45 am

Yes! A car you can haul gear in.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:46 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Image

+1
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby colin » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm

crochambeau wrote:Yes! A car you can haul gear in.

That's how I'm selling my wife on picking it up, it's basically a station wagon!

I'm going to see it on Tuesday, if it checks out I'm hoping to make an offer then before it officially hits the market. My only real concern is if there is chassis rust. These switched to a galvanized chassis in 1980, and the earlier ones are susceptible to rust, and based off the tail lights I'm pretty sure this one is a '79 or earlier.

If it checks out and I pick it up, next step will be finding child seats that work with just a lap belt so I can bring my kids along for family outings.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby colin » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:22 pm

I made on offer on the Elite, and we've made a deal. I put down a deposit this morning, he's still waiting on some parts to come in, but it should be ready to go for April.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:03 pm

:thumb: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion