The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby colin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:54 pm

That looks great! I really like the RX-8, and actually fairly seriously thought about buying one a few years ago. I plan on actually keeping my current cars for at least a year or two before I think about buying something else again, but I could totally see myself in one of those next. Or an early RX-7.

This is my new Miata:
It's a little rougher cosmetically than my last Miata (and this one has a bit of the too common rocker rust), but it drives so much better. My old Miata was low mileage, but had clearly sat for long periods in its life, whereas this Miata has more than double the kms on it, but it's obviously been used and maintained. I wanted to take off the stupid car bra, but the paint on the front bumper is really rough, so it actually looks better with the bra at the moment. I'm on the lookout for a replacement front bumper cover in good shape, otherwise I'll repaint the bumper in the winter most likely.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Awesome, love Miatas, although I prefer the NB personally. The RX-8 is a blast, but it can’t replace my old FD. I’ll always regret selling that.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Yeah I don't think many cars can compete with an FD for driving experience. Not that I've personally driven an FD, but I had an FC for many years and have driven several FBs. FD is definitely a car that I will own some day though.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 am

Does it have a wink switch???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 am

Achtane wrote:Does it have a wink switch???

Sounds like my first time.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:25 pm

The Miata has a button for raising and lowering the headlights (without turning them on), but if you mean winking like this, then no. Image
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:46 pm

I think I've posted it here before, but this was my FD:

rx7.jpg
rx7.jpg (47.28 KiB) Viewed 4784 times
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Damn that's lovely.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby colin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm

I want to switch up the wheels for some 15" at some point, but in the meantime I wasn't overly fond of the all black look. So another super amateur wheel repaint job from me! I decided to go for a Lotus 72/JPS inspired colour theme and went with gold. My wife hates it :lol:
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

Looks good to me, colin. :idk:

Also, lordgalvar, please don't do this to your wife's Mustang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NsrijKBbK8

:|:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Ha! I saw that the other day...

no, never would. I debating hard ball joints vs cable for throttle and leaning toward ball joints because cable is too modern haha. I even saw a guy selling a full megasquirt setup with the 250-2v head for the mustang and I was like...nah, no computer.

I like the gold Colin!

Saw the new Fiat 124 (parked in front of my house) speaking of miati...looked pretty good too.

I tore the motor and transmission out of the mustang (don't remember if I mentioned in this thread). Newer head came in, it's a 1969..which was weird....kinda thought they canceled? Thinking about two Weber dgev on it with a baffle where the old 1bbl went. Going to talk to redline.

Still going to do Independent runners, but that head isn't available until probably next year.

Figured out that I can retrofit 1jz-gte rods into it with some custom pistons to get a better stroke ratio and minimal mods.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby repoman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:Came in here to vent that I am sitting at work ogling at this CLEAN Nissan Cedric Ultima and keep telling myself I need a solid daily driver before committing to a JDM car. :drool: :love: :( :mope:

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicl ... 32-ultima/

Holy fugg that is nice
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:52 pm

This thing's pretty amazing though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVbch-02Fs
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 am

Didn't even know this thread existed.

So, I've been looking hard at motorcycles lately (mainly café racers) even though I'm totally broke and won't be able to afford one for a long time.
That being said, I really want this and I'm willing to commit a felony to get it (it's up for $4,600 on CL).
Plz sumbudy gib muny to meh.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Yeah!! My next monetary goal is a bike. I really want a KLR650. Tall, charmingly ugly, reliable, dead simple, basically unchanged since the 80s, and if you bought one in 1994...MALIBU BARBIE
I would rock the shit out of this color scheme. Looks like it would change color when wet. You know there's a matching gear set out there somewhere...
Hopefully next year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion